Chinese National Championships: 27th - 28th December 2014 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Chinese National Championships: 27th - 28th December 2014

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I heard that skaters get bonus points at chinese nats if they do a quad in mens or a 3-3 in ladies or something? Is this true?

Points are given by COP system in Chinese Nationals as elsewhere. PCS boosts due to quads or 3/3 may sometimes happen even at ISU events.

AprilS

On the Ice
Points are given by COP system in Chinese Nationals as elsewhere. PCS boosts due to quads or 3/3 may sometimes happen even at ISU events.

Huh, seems so. I just read this on a tumblr post :p Wonder where they got their info from :confused2:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I heard that skaters get bonus points at chinese nats if they do a quad in mens or a 3-3 in ladies or something? Is this true?

Interesting.
Reminds me of how the Chinese fed. run their scoring system for gymnastics. Well they do judge the gymnasts strictly (really guys, let's not even compare their marks from Chinese nationals to US nats- the high discrepancy there), but they do reward gymnasts if they more difficult passes and whatnot in events especially in vault and floor (where China really needs to work on). For example, Wang Yan would get a higher mark than those who use easier vaults (FTY) because of her doing a harder vault (ex. a Rudi).

Last edited:

xiangfuzi

On the Ice

It's written in official announcement that there will be bonus for difficult jumps in Chinese Junior and Senior competitions.
Though the official file for the details about how to give bonus has't been find yet, I have calculated it from lots of protocols:
For men, skaters will get +0.5 points in tes for 3A and +1 points for quad in SP while double of that in FS. For ladies they will get +0.5 for 3-3 combo in SP while +1 for 3-3 and +2 for five different triple jumps. Bonus will be given when these difficult jumps are fully rotated regardless of success landing or correct take off.
There will be a 'B' marked next to TES for bonus in protocols. For example, in this competition, YAN got +1 in SP for 4T and JIN got +1.5 for 3A and quads. They both got +3 in FS for 3A and quads. TENG Zijing(12th in FS) got +1 for his falled but rotated 3A. LI got +2 in FS for five different triples though her 3Lz got an edge call.

Sorry for my poor Engllish……I hope I explained this rule clearly.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
xiangfuzi, thanks for the explanation! Yes, your English was just fine and understandable!

Meoima

Match Penalty
It's written in official announcement that there will be bonus for difficult jumps in Chinese Junior and Senior competitions.
Though the official file for the details about how to give bonus has't been find yet, I have calculated it from lots of protocols:
For men, skaters will get +0.5 points in tes for 3A and +1 points for quad in SP while double of that in FS. For ladies they will get +0.5 for 3-3 combo in SP while +1 for 3-3 and +2 for five different triple jumps. Bonus will be given when these difficult jumps are fully rotated regardless of success landing or correct take off.
There will be a 'B' marked next to TES for bonus in protocols. For example, in this competition, YAN got +1 in SP for 4T and JIN got +1.5 for 3A and quads. They both got +3 in FS for 3A and quads. TENG Zijing(12th in FS) got +1 for his falled but rotated 3A. LI got +2 in FS for five different triples though her 3Lz got an edge call.

Thank you for your explanation.
I still prefer Han Yan over Boyang a mile, though.
Han Yan has much better skating skills.
Not to mention BoYang is inconsistent and not good under pressure. Given that he's just 17 I understand, though. But how on earth his jumps got such high GOE anyways...:hopelessness: if it were me he would never get positive GOE on those quads.

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I just saw Boyang's Lp and I'm quite in shock :drama: He really improved his landings on jumps and also spins look much better. Unfortunately program is boring and forgettable but if he lands his jumps he can even medal at Worlds.
If I were the judges I would say NO. His landings, especially on those quads should never receive positive GOE IMO. Even normal triples don't have excellent landing.

crankyintheAM

On the Ice
Much thanks to all the posters kindly providing info from Chinese Nationals. It's much appreciated.

Han Yan is a lovely skater, I hope Chinese federation won't sideline him in favor of Boyang. From a total outsider, it doesn't look like the Federation cares about the single skaters as much as they do for pairs, it's a pity, because they have talented skaters, who just need more support.

I wish a speedy and full recovery to Nan Song, he's been so unlucky! Of course, I hope Li Zijung comes back to great form again, she was such a joy to watch a couple seasons ago!

May

Rinkside
It is reported from rinkside that Yan Han has sustained a minor injury on his right knee, which kept him off the ice for a week. That probably has affected his performance in Nations. Wish him recover soon.
From a 12.28 news report on Chinese Nations, Boyang said he didn't perform up to his training level in the short program, but was satisfied with his free skate. He also said he will work on his skating skill as well as performance execution to prepare for Junior Worlds next March.
Hope both of them can perform to their strengths in the upcoming events!
A few other rinkside reports:
Wang Yi was having a high fever, missing both practice sections, but managed to compete in the evening while taking the entrance examinations for postgraduate students in the daytime:shocked: :clap:
Zang Wenbo injured his ankle during the 6 minute warmup for free skate, but tried his best to finish the program, while the crowd encouraged him with applause:clap:
It was also said that Zhang He missed Naitons because of sprained ankle...

All I can say is recover soon and best regards for every athlete...

Thank you, xiangfuzi:) That is better than I could have explained it. I somehow over looked this rule...

Btw. Thanks admin for creating a video thread:)

Last edited: