2015 Russian Nationals Mens SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Russian Nationals Mens SP

adelia

Record Breaker
Apparently the tv station that bought the rights to broadcast it decided to show a biathlon instead today, for financial reasons(???). Who cares about that?

Anna, is anyone there taking video (either professional or just people in the audience)?
Geesh. That is depressing.

Anna

On the Ice
Artur GACHINSKI

Cry me a river. Crush on 4T, missed what he did on combination, but I think the first jump was a double, solid 3A. He started strong and powerful, but it kind of wizzled out after mistakes.

Anna

On the Ice
TV is actually shooting it, but for some reason there is not even online streaming?

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Thanks for the on-site reports, Anna.

Yeah, this is super depressing. I thought figure skating was more popular in Russia than in the U.S.? I know we won't have this problem during Greensboro...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
80 for Artur. He's still in the mix. Sigh. Come on, Artur. You are the best and most talented male skater in all of Russia right now. I know you can do this!

Anna

On the Ice
Gordei GORSHKOV

Tosca. Solid 3A, 3L hand and turn out, I have not seen the last jumping element, but he did not fall. He is clearly the best of all who skated so far in terms of expression, body awareness and lines, but he lacks intensity and power to match the music.

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Thanks for the on-site reports, Anna.

Yeah, this is super depressing. I thought figure skating was more popular in Russia than in the U.S.? I know we won't have this problem during Greensboro...

Well that's because U.S. TV has turned indifferent to livestreams. I suppose it's still popular enough in Russia they worry about losing viewers to that. Still, it's sad.

Country
Russia
Artur GACHINSKI
80.69=43.49+38.20-1.00

Gordei GORSHKOV
75.29=38.58+36.71

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Thank you so much for reporting, Anna!

Maybe there is a small sliver of hope that the videos will appear on Youtube later...or on Sportbox?

deedee1

Record Breaker
No streamings available??? :no:
Am so anxious and worrying how well Konstantin will be doing here. He needs to win the title to be named to the team for Euro/Worlds probably, 2nd finish overall is sort fo a MUST, at least?

Gooo Konstantin & Sergei!!! :cheer:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I really hope there will be a stream at some point. Missing out on the Ladies event (and the accompanying drama) is just unthinkable :drama:

Anna

On the Ice
Dmitry ALIEV

Cowboys and Aliens OST. I think he went for quad and landed it with minor mistakes on exit (?, I am taking photos, so my attention is split), 3A and 3R3T. From a photographer's point of view the best program so far, lots of tiny in character details. Very strong first spin, ok on later spins.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
No streamings available??? :no:
Am so anxious and worrying how well Konstantin will be doing here. He needs to win the title to be named to the team for Euro/Worlds probably, 2nd finish overall is sort fo a MUST, at least?

Gooo Konstantin & Sergei!!! :cheer:

RUS has 3 spots at Euros and Worlds (right?) so as long as he's on the podium he should be fine. :) I would love to see them 1st and 2nd though!

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Dmitry ALIEV

Cowboys and Aliens OST. I think he went for quad and landed it with minor mistakes on exit (?, I am taking photos, so my attention is split), 3A and 3R3T. From a photographer's point of view the best program so far, lots of tiny in character details. Very strong first spin, ok on later spins.

Anna, thank you so much for these reports :bow::clap:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I really hope there will be a stream at some point. Missing out on the Ladies event (and the accompanying drama) is just unthinkable :drama:

Thankfully, today is the only day without a live broadcast. Still drives me crazy (it's 2014 for crying out loud!), but at least we get all the ladies & all the free programs.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Thankfully, today is the only day without a live broadcast. Still drives me crazy (it's 2014 for crying out loud!), but at least we get all the ladies & all the free programs.

Oh really? That's amazing to hear :party2::dance: Thanks!

Anna

On the Ice
Anton SHULEPOV

Micmacs a Tire-Lanigot OST (sounded like Amelie OST to me). 3A ok, I have not seen the combo, trying to read the music from the screen :), 3F. Wow, Russia now have its own Amodio. Excellent expression, fantastic lines and he knows how to waltz.