by Alina Adams ? Is it any good and would you
recommend it ? I thought about getting it the next
time I was at the bookstore and I wanted to know
if it was worth buying.
Thanks in advance. :)

--Hermione

megsk8z

On the Ice
My mother-in-law picked it up somewhere, so I read it. It's worth a loan at the public library, but no way would I invest my $$$ in it.
The jacket said that she was writing another one. I hope it will be better. This one was just a run of the mill mystery without much mystery.

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
It was a cute book, and worth the price of a paperback. The characters are all fairly interesting, no stereotypes, and the "backstage" scenes are hilarious, particularly the two announcers who hate each other. :D

Laura :)

cygnus

Rinkside
It's a fun, fluffy read. Not great literature, by any means, but I enjoyed it- worth the price of a paperback. I am looking forward to her next book, and will definitely buy it. I see it comes out in October- it would make a perfect read for the train/plane (however I finally decide to go) to Skate Canada.

dr.frog

On the Ice
I ordered a paperback from Amazon a couple of months ago, but I put it aside after reading the first couple of chapters. Just viewing it as a mystery, not only is the identity of the murderer immediately obvious, the "murder weapon" is so technically improbable that I found it hard to get interested in reading any more. On top of that, the skating and media muck-raking side of the story was so derivative of the 2002 SLC scandal, and I got so burned out on that back when it happened, that the book didn't hold my interest for that reason, either. Maybe if I get really bored I'll try to finish it, otherwise it's going in my pile to be recycled.