Rika Hongo
Kanako Murakami

Men
Yuzuru Hanyu
Takahiko Kozuka
Tatsuki Machida

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Happily they went with Kozuka, Machida for worlds.

Surprised Kanako got a chance. Hope she does well.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Is this really the official announcement for 4 continents and World championships this year?

If so, I'm really pleased with that.

-------------------------------------------

Addendum) I was glad that Machida was initially in the team for WC, but he announced his retirement despite him chosen as a WC team member .
I'm so sad. :cry:

Last edited:

chezzu

On the Ice
from twitter+google translate

[Breaking] Tatsuki Machida players, in greeting on ice, has announced that it will retire to have this All Japan Championship. And declined the world championship representative, in the future, can be enrolled in Waseda University Graduate School of the master's program, it is that aims to researchers.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Midori (on FSU) is always up to date and evidently he announced it right after the nominations..

If the guy named Midori (female legend name) had a good history of providing reliable sources, I don't see why not to believe.

However, if this is real, I'm surprised to see the decision being made very quick right after all competitions at the nationals was over.

burntBREAD

Medalist
If the guy named Midori (female legend name) had a good history of providing reliable sources, I don't see why not to believe.

However, if this is real, I'm surprised to see the decision being made very quick right after all competitions at the nationals was over.

Midori always attends Japanese Nationals and other attendees (like the new post here) are echoing his/her statement. So sad!

Last edited:

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
Huh? :O This tweet says otherwise: https://twitter.com/WFS_JP/status/549173595142766593
What happened?

I'm seeing conflicting reports. They didn't show the Worlds/4CC Team announcement on TV so I'm waiting at news websites, but everyone is more abuzz at Tatsuki's sudden retirement announcement.

EDIT: I'm looking at comments from the athletes and Kanako doesn't mention 4CC, so I guess she isn't going to 4CC and Yuka is. Sorry for the confusion! I guess people are also getting confused because this Nats is just as full of running emotions as last year's.