Alexandra Stepanova & Ivan Bukin | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Stepanova & Ivan Bukin

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
Thats one of the things I love the most about them. They are never boring! Sasha is so energetic, feminine... I love her ice personality, so fierce, she's so different off ice, calm and cute :D
Totally agree - her on ice personality is so fierce!! They both have so much charisma. Absolutely love both of their programmes.

starla16

Medalist
what happened did Stepanovs hair clip got stuck on his armpits padding ?

They got a PB score but lower PCS than G/F
Do you think hair clip was program interruption

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
I simply love both of their programs. They're by far my second favourites, and for me they are the only ones in the top with programs (specifically the FD) that are pushing for a different body language. They bring a freshness to the sport, much much more than the other top teams (specifically this year), apart from P/C obviously.

I so wish they can get better technical scores, I want them to get silver in the final. Given the points lavished on S/K (who I also like but find particularly uninspired this year) and the other qualifiers, I doubt that it will happen unfortunately.
For me, the value of Sasha and Vanya's programs is much higher. They are way more original and authentic.
This FD comes very close to what P/C are doing, with my main critique being the absence of fluidity in transitioning in difficult lifts or otherwise complex poses: there is a tiny moment of 'ok, that's done, next' which is a pity. If they can have all movements flow into one another, they really HAVE to get higher scores than this, no?

God, so many of these elements are to die for. That stationary lift. Ok, as always, I'm a technical ignoramus so I don't know when stuff is difficult or easy, but seriously, that lift is drop-dead gorgeous. Their twizzles are simply perfect, their sitting twizzels are magic, and they have something going between them that I really find deeply compelling.

I don't care who thinks me a moron, for me they really are somehow following in the footsteps of Gaby and Guillaume. I can't explain really why, but they do something similar to me. I just watch their FD again and again and again (while I don't like Cry me a river even).

Go go go go go Sasha and Vanya. Get those technical scores up. Keep cool. You'll get there!

peepsquick

Final Flight
I simply love both of their programs. They're by far my second favourites, and for me they are the only ones in the top with programs (specifically the FD) that are pushing for a different body language. They bring a freshness to the sport, much much more than the other top teams (specifically this year), apart from P/C obviously.

I so wish they can get better technical scores, I want them to get silver in the final. Given the points lavished on S/K (who I also like but find particularly uninspired this year) and the other qualifiers, I doubt that it will happen unfortunately.

For me, the value of Sasha and Vanya's programs is much higher. They are way more original and authentic.
This FD comes very close to what P/C are doing, with my main critique being the absence of fluidity in transitioning in difficult lifts or otherwise complex poses: there is a tiny moment of 'ok, that's done, next' which is a pity. If they can have all movements flow into one another, they really HAVE to get higher scores than this, no?

God, so many of these elements are to die for. That stationary lift. Ok, as always, I'm a technical ignoramus so I don't know when stuff is difficult or easy, but seriously, that lift is drop-dead gorgeous. Their twizzles are simply perfect, their sitting twizzels are magic, and they have something going between them that I really find deeply compelling.

I don't care who thinks me a moron, for me they really are somehow following in the footsteps of Gaby and Guillaume. I can't explain really why, but they do something similar to me. I just watch their FD again and again and again (while I don't like Cry me a river even).

Go go go go go Sasha and Vanya. Get those technical scores up. Keep cool. You'll get there!

They know how to perform and it distracts from their one big flaw: ice coverage. They don't have good ice coverage which is one of the main requirements to be a great team. TV coverage can camouflage this somewhat. Have a second look watching this particular issue. Their lightning quick twizzles for instance don't travel much at all. They should.
I do like them and I enjoy their style very much. I hope they figure out how to skate "bigger".

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
They know how to perform and it distracts from their one big flaw: ice coverage. They don't have good ice coverage which is one of the main requirements to be a great team. TV coverage can camouflage this somewhat. Have a second look watching this particular issue. Their lightning quick twizzles for instance don't travel much at all. They should.
I do like them and I enjoy their style very much. I hope they figure out how to skate "bigger".

Thanks for pointing this out!
These are the things you don't see easily on screen if you're not specifically paying attention to them.
I suppose their speed might also be somewhat of a weaker point? That's also something I have a hard time noticing, as with the camera everything and everyone always seems more or less at the same speed.

I do hope they can work on these things, because I want them to be on the podium at worlds. I really love their programs and yes, I'm a sucker for a good performance!

Fingers crossed, from the little I've seen, they are steadily improving on the technical side, so hopefully these issues will disappear in the coming years! (The sooner the better, but well, such stuff is probably needing some serious focused attention and training, which will take time I guess.)

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
good luck for tomorrow, i don't think thay have a chance to medal but i just wish them a skate they can be proud of

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO frustrated with that result. If only they would get the levels right, they might have been in the running for bronze. Their programs are really much liked with the audience and the judges, while for me H/D's FD is very messy programwise. If they would skate at the same technical level, I'm quite confident they would be ranked higher than H/D.

So get that technical act together! Come on guys, you NEED to get higher levels here. This simply is too frustrating to watch!

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO frustrated with that result. If only they would get the levels right, they might have been in the running for bronze. Their programs are really much liked with the audience and the judges, while for me H/D's FD is very messy programwise. If they would skate at the same technical level, I'm quite confident they would be ranked higher than H/D.

So get that technical act together! Come on guys, you NEED to get higher levels here. This simply is too frustrating to watch!

to be honest the levels were pretty low for everyone. stingy panel

slider11

Medalist
So close! The judges are in love with Nikita but S/B are definitely in the running to surpass them with a more international panel. Bring on Europeans and Worlds!

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
So close! The judges are in love with Nikita but S/B are definitely in the running to surpass them with a more international panel. Bring on Europeans and Worlds!

I really hope they do surpass them! And if it can’t be this year then hopefully they will pull a Chock/Bates next year and surpass them the way C/B seem to be doing this year against H/D. They are so good - they really need a FD that pushes them cause they are so capable!