Evgenia Tarasova & Vladimir Morozov | Page 23 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Tarasova & Vladimir Morozov

NAOTMAA

Medalist
Huge kudos to Marina for giving them two programs that finally gives their skating some character and purpose. It's the biggest thing that their skating has been missing in the past.

The LP has real potential to be great. I hope as the program gets more mileage they start to give it some more intensity and passion because they can't power skate their way though it like Bolero or Rachmaninov. It's going to need some more interpreting from them and if they want to beat the French and Chinese they'll need everything they have.

But overall for first performances they look great!

Lota

Record Breaker
Wow, I also really like what they've done with both programs this time, the whole team (Marina, Massimo Scali with the SP and Charlie White with the LP) did a wonderful job :love: Really hoping they do well this season!

LynsJ

On the Ice
Obvious music and direction improvements but I just wish they would show more emotion when they skate. They have so much potential!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

LadyB

Record Breaker
OMG, that's the best name for an article ever! "This fiery mane of Volodya inspired me" :laugh: It seems Volodya's new hairstyle wasn't an accident...or rather it was, but the team decided to keep it. Good choice if you ask me ;)

Does anyone know if they'll be doing an event before the GPs start?

Afaik, they're at US International this coming w/e!!! Both programmes are class and Vovan... He's quite cute at the best of times, but with that hair... oh yeah, baby! :p

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Best of luck to Evgenia and Vladimir in Skate Canada. Looking forward to two strong performances. I really enjoyed both programmes at the test skates.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yes! I'm so excited to see T/M! I love their programs this season!

Goooo Zhenya and Vovan! :cheer:

aka_gerbil

On the Ice
I really want to scream right now. They looked so strong at test skates, and now it’s like they’re doomed to losing their top spot in Russia. If they lose that, then no reclaiming the Euros title, never winning a world title, and probably no individual medal at the Olympics.

I thought they were going to contend for the world title this season, but it looks like they’re just getting written off and buried. I feel bad for them.

slider11

Medalist
I can't put my finger on it. They seemed so destined for greatness and now their programs/skating just lack that special quality. It seems like they are afraid of success? I agree that they don't seem to be relishing their skating. There is a stern, work-like determination in their faces that detracts from the performance. I would love to see them return to joyful skating.

Artemisa

Final Flight
I can't put my finger on it. They seemed so destined for greatness and now their programs/skating just lack that special quality. It seems like they are afraid of success? I agree that they don't seem to be relishing their skating. There is a stern, work-like determination in their faces that detracts from the performance. I would love to see them return to joyful skating.

I love there programs this year... but maybe that's not are the kind of programs they like to skate ... it's missing a little bit of fierce (wish to win in every jump)... and the look of tarasova to her coach after in K &C say's a lot ...

LynsJ

On the Ice

Couldn’t agree more. It seemed at a time that they were destined for the top but it’s never got there. They always look annoyed and distant from the music/choreography especially evgenia. It’s for this reason I’ve never really rooted for them. Vladimir always seems more invested. They have so much potential technically if only they could just get the packaging right and enjoy it more.

aka_gerbil

On the Ice
It’s like something broke in them, particularly her, after the free skate in Pyeongchang. I thought they’d turned a corner at worlds, and they were great at test skates. I wonder if SLC was a psychological step back. There was a long Russian interview with Zoueva in which she said they missed a week of practice having to go to Prague after test skates to get visas. They didn’t back to the US until the day before the competition. They did not need the competitive experience of skating in an early season competition at altitude, after missing a week of practice, after getting back to the us the day before. They were not prepared to compete. All it did was set them back when it comes to confidence and it did them no favors to put those skates out in front of judges. Now, they’re about to lose the number one spot in Russia and it just sort of sinks the rest of the quad for them.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I for one loved their programs this year, for the first time they have two strong programs, but I don't know, even on their good elements it seems like something is missing. I hope they can get it back. They are brilliant, and have everything to reach even higher.

LynsJ

On the Ice
I for one loved their programs this year, for the first time they have two strong programs, but I don't know, even on their good elements it seems like something is missing. I hope they can get it back. They are brilliant, and have everything to reach even higher.

Their programs are definitely better this year by miles. If they could just sell them more and get into character it would make a world of difference I think.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Im an unashamed fan of just about all their programs (yes, even the one we dare not speak the name of) and I'm very excited to see their FS today.

There's lots of great teams in Russia, however I've decided I need to be positive, so I'm sure they can keep in the mix no matter what. :biggrin:

Goooo T/M! :cheer:

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
OK T/M came third, but they had a botched lift so I'm thankful! Although, I wonder if they should have? On one hand huge mistake, on the other hand their other elements and overall presentation was superb! Hope others won't be too hard on them and think they were overscored!

But I'm a little worried Vovan might be injured or sick, I really hope not!

Also they'll be up against Aleksandra and Dmitrii (who won and were amazing) along with Ksenia S and her new partner at Rostelecom so T/M need to be in top shape!

slider11

Medalist
The SkC rankings were fair but I question the scores. Aleksandra and Dmitri were perfect technically but hardly excelled as the James Bond types. She is very cute but honestly there was no expression of character. For A/D to be just one point behind in components to Evgenia and Vladimir is ludicrous. Other than the botched lift (aghhhhh!) E/V had a soul-searching, suffering Russian performance that was terrific!

aka_gerbil

On the Ice
I love them, but given the situation they’re in, I wonder if they might be happier to just walk away from skating. They’re done as Russian #1 now and they are not ever going to get that back. I can’t see them winning in Russia. They may still squeak into the gpf. The national title is gone too. They may or may not make Euros/worlds, but they’re not getting that Euro title back or ever going to win worlds or an individual medal at the Olympics. They seem miserable. The coaching situation with Marina clearly isn’t working, but no one in Russia wants to coach them.

It’s a super sad situation because they are so talented, but there’s no shame in walking away from a bad situation that’s only going to get worse. It’s a big world out there, and there are lots of other things I’m sure they are good at.