Evgenia Tarasova & Vladimir Morozov | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Tarasova & Vladimir Morozov

starla16

Medalist
Is its strange ? but I kind of like their FS, maybe because its the first time they are engaging and emoting in the FS, usually if its lyrical they are so cold and bore me to sleep. I can see what Mozer is trying to do, engage more with the audience and judges but maybe some other jazz type music would have worked better and better costumes too ?

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Is its strange ? but I kind of like their FS, maybe because its the first time they are engaging and emoting in the FS, usually if its lyrical they are so cold and bore me to sleep. I can see what Mozer is trying to do, engage more with the audience and judges but maybe some other jazz type music would have worked better and better costumes too ?

I think the same!

Ender

Match Penalty
I don’t know which is worse, their Lp this season or last season. If only they turned their SP last season to a LP.

Ender

Match Penalty
This season program is worse:biggrin:
I think classical music don’t suit them. But those... pop... don’t bring out their strength either. There are plenty types of music out there. Look at S/M, they managed to look for something original, not pop and people appreciate it.
Well, with the quality in skating they have, T/M can win Olympic I have no doubt. Just feel disappointed that they’re not getting good programs despite all the quality they have.

starla16

Medalist
I don’t know which is worse, their Lp this season or last season. If only they turned their SP last season to a LP.

I find their lyrical programs more of a snooze, despite being a real couple off ice, they lack real connection in performing emotional expressions. You'll notice their SP from 2015 and last years both upbeat are their best programs yet. I think this FS can work but at least change the costumes.

madison

Record Breaker
I think classical music don’t suit them. But those... pop... don’t bring out their strength either. There are plenty types of music out there. Look at S/M, they managed to look for something original, not pop and people appreciate it.
Well, with the quality in skating they have, T/M can win Olympic I have no doubt. Just feel disappointed that they’re not getting good programs despite all the quality they have.
I doubt they can win an Olympic medal with this program. I think some pieces of classical music (it was given as an example Nutcracker) would suit them very well. But this mix of pop they skate the free program this season is simply atrocious... so are the costumes.:disapp:

Ender

Match Penalty
I doubt they can win an Olympic medal with this program. I think some pieces of classical music (it was given as an example Nutcracker) would suit them very well. But this mix of pop they skate the free program this season is simply atrocious... so are the costumes.:disapp:
They can win if they deliver their tech. Their quality in tech is no doubt. I think it would have been better if they changed their last year SP to a LP.

newyn

On the Ice
Interview at Russian test skates:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yeLlLw2Nw8

Google translate of an interview published at ruskating instagram:

After the competitions of Evgeny Tarasov - Vladimir Morozov commented on the start in Oberstdorf: 🎙 - Rental of an arbitrary program was good, but there were blots, some flaws. A mistake on the jump is just a technical error, which I will need to finalize, - shared the thoughts of the partner. 🎙 - I think that progress is visible, progress for the better, we are happy about it. The judges evaluated the new productions. Let's see how the season will develop further, while we are on the right track, "the partner added. - We like our free program, we are comfortable with it. Of course, it is very energy-intensive, a fast pace throughout the program is quite difficult to sustain, but we cope with this. Usually in the Olympic season, many people roll slow, lyrical programs, we want to somehow stand out. 🎙 - We really liked our last short program, which was put by Peter Chernyshev, decided that it would be nice to put something in this spirit also in the free this year. Last season we took a step and swing, in this boogie-woogie. This rhythm looks interesting and is well appreciated. She likes to skate in such a spirit of the program, - noted the sportswoman.

russianskating4ever

On the Ice
You know how ‘balanced’ pairs work best, like Max is the fiery one with Tatiana. Ksenia is the fiery one with Fedor.

Who is the fiery one in tarasova and morozov? They both seem pretty chill. Also they are together off ice right? They are so cute.

LRK

Record Breaker
Best of the luck to them in the GP! And may they be able to keep calm during these times of uncertainty, and be able to perform to the best of their ability.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Aww I'm so disappointed that Zhenya and Vlad struggled here.

I swear to God though, going into pairs event threads these days is so irritating. So much hate for T/M's program. Which is even more annoying when I remember how when they did so-called "Classic programs" they were sneered at for being boring.

Well, I believe in them! I wanna see them and their polka-dots on the Olympic podium!

russianskating4ever

On the Ice
I am so heartbroken for the Russian pairs, oh my god. Is it psychological or physical, I know stolbova/klimov are always injured but is there something wrong with the coaching or the athletes, psychologically? Or both. I know that S/K and T/M are both coached by Nina Mozer, same as Z/E. Does Mozer have too much to work with?