Evgenia Tarasova & Vladimir Morozov | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Tarasova & Vladimir Morozov

mylifeback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I loved their SP so much and I'm so happy they hung on with the LP to win gold at the #GPFinal. This team has such great potential, I can tell they will become on of my favorite pairs teams. Looking forward to watching them compete the rest of the year.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Another amazing SP by Evgenia and Vladimir. Congrats with being in 80 club. But now main thing it's finally skate clean FS.

musicfan80

Medalist
Their SP was so good today! :yes: That throw 3Lo was insanely good - I don't think the +2.00 GOE they got was enough for that but I think there overall score (80.82) was fair.

I can't wait to see what they do in the LP! :biggrin:

The Finn

Record Breaker
That was so AMAZING. That was pretty much a perfect SP and I loved every second of it. I will be rewatching this many times.

By the way, they now have the 3rd highest SP score of any pair. Volosozhar / Trankov have the record (84.17 points) and the only other pair above 80 points is Sui Wenjing / Han Cong (80.85 points).

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Finally this big guy nailed that key 3S at the Euros! :thumbsup: I am super-happy for their first big win in their skating career! :yahoo: Congratulations! :hap10: :hap85: :yay: Just fix the last lift, and then their results at the Worlds will be even better.

lost3iron

More Rock & Roll please!
On the Ice
Congratulations on winning their first European title! I really like their skating, I find it 'BIG' and their pair elements are very impressive. Wishing for a great result at Worlds!

newyn

On the Ice
Interview on Match TV - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtG43GTj-50

I would be very grateful if somebody would translate this or the central points they are discussing. I understood they are talking about her injury and something about Robin and Aljona?

By the way, she looks drop dead gorgeous.

Hannah555

Ava artwork by talented ShampooNeko
Final Flight
Interview on Match TV - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtG43GTj-50

I would be very grateful if somebody would translate this or the central points they are discussing. I understood they are talking about her injury and something about Robin and Aljona?

By the way, she looks drop dead gorgeous.

1) When asked which medal they value the most between GPF and Europeans, they said that Europeans champions title is more special and valuable to them in their total career until now.
2) One week before Europeans Evgeniya was injured and that's why they had to do changes to their long program (triple twist instead of quad twist)
3) Their most important goal in Europeans was to skate clean and good and they didn't concentrate on medals.
4) Robin Szolkowy has contributed a lot to their skating.
5) They have good relationships with all other pairs. When asked about S/K pair, they said that they are friends and they don't know what was the reason for their mistakes but they are sure that they will work on all problems.
6) Evgeniya had small vacation and visited her hometown.
7) They will try to do their best at Worlds.

newyn

On the Ice
1) When asked which medal they value the most between GPF and Europeans, they said that Europeans champions title is more special and valuable to them in their total career until now.
2) One week before Europeans Evgeniya was injured and that's why they had to do changes to their long program (triple twist instead of quad twist)
3) Their most important goal in Europeans was to skate clean and good and they didn't concentrate on medals.
4) Robin Szolkowy has contributed a lot to their skating.
5) They have good relationships with all other pairs. When asked about S/K pair, they said that they are friends and they don't know what was the reason for their mistakes but they are sure that they will work on all problems.
6) Evgeniya had small vacation and visited her hometown.
7) They will try to do their best at Worlds.

Thank you very much!

musicfan80

Medalist
So proud of their performance at Worlds! That fall and seeing how Evgenia's knee got knicked was so scary to watch.

T/M have absolutely gorgeous lines. I am looking forward to watching them improve.

newyn

On the Ice
I'm so happy for them! She is such a fighter! I can't help but admire her spirit and wish her a speedy recovery!

Edit: I read from the Russian Pairs thread that Trankov had said in an interview that neither the Russian fed nor their coaches trusted them in the beginning of the season. Which I find weird since so many Russian pairs were injured or expecting a child or splitting up. But if they indeed did not trust this pair, can they please start trusting now? I think they have proven their worth. And maybe not have Alla Kapranova choreograph their olympic programs.

Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Congrats to Evgenia and Vlad! There's been some haters with regards to their long program, but I actually really like it! And their short program is absolutely awesome!

Evgenia's ability to skate at Worlds was awe-inspiring! I can't believe she was able to do it and do it so well! I look forward to this pair in the Olympics.

:hap10: