Evgenia Tarasova & Vladimir Morozov | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Tarasova & Vladimir Morozov

The Finn

Record Breaker
Considering the fact that Zhenia had got 15 stitches to her leg because of the skating accident that happened during first practices before the SP this was a really great outcome. Not their best obviously but a great outcome nonetheless, and getting more than bronze would have been difficult anyway, so, I am really happy for them. This has been an excellent season for them. Big congratulations!!

This link has some stuff about them but the link is not solely about them.
http://www.fsrussia.ru/news/2915-ev...rozov-bronzovye-prizery-chempionata-mira.html

The Finn

Record Breaker
New interview.

http://www.fsrussia.ru/intervyu/291...onat-dlya-nas-ne-nachavshis-zakonchilsya.html

If I undestood it right the one point deduction from costume failure was wrongly deducted because the item was not from their costumes. They should have protested or something, even though it ment nothing in this case. I would assume that ISU has to prove it somehow that the item is from the skater's costume if deduction is made.

It seems that despite the injury they are planning to skate at the World Team Trophy.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Just a little excerpt from Tarasova\Morozov interview. Rough translation.

Guys, congratulations with the bronze, which is possibly worthy than gold for you. When was the decision about skating made, although Zhenya's injury?

V: After the happened in the training I had various thoughts in my head. From the outset it seemed that this championship for us was ended even isn't started, because I saw the layer of the cut, there were the bone protruded for real. The wound was massively deep. And, perhaps, there was a mirracle occuring that we were able to skate. But Zhenya immideately said she was able. Albeit we didn't know till the last moment, would we perform or not. When came out, how is Zhenya feeling, how is the leg, what are the senses. would be able or not. Everything was determined in the last six minutes.

How is the fall happened? There are loads of versions and fantasies now.

V: For one reason, there's a video in the web. Those who don't believe might watch. Geniunely, there was a downfall in the practice. That is not any PR, and not canard. If it's interested, we could even upload the photo in the web. Any speculations doesn't do justice to people, who doesn't believe facts.
photo

it's terrible.....
HOW she was able to even just walk????????????????? SKATE? :eeking:

Santey

Match Penalty
New interview.

http://www.fsrussia.ru/intervyu/291...onat-dlya-nas-ne-nachavshis-zakonchilsya.html

If I undestood it right the one point deduction from costume failure was wrongly deducted because the item was not from their costumes. They should have protested or something, even though it ment nothing in this case. I would assume that ISU has to prove it somehow that the item is from the skater's costume if deduction is made.

It seems that despite the injury they are planning to skate at the World Team Trophy.

You got it absolutely correct. As a Russian fan of TM I was a bit fierce of Tarasova's (I mean TAT) lack of praise of Zhenya and Vova. Yet she was amazed by them and of course by Zhenya's courage, she almost absolutely forgot about them in the end of event and started to glamorize Alena (especially), Xenia and Chinese. Yes, she's a legend like many people says, but wait a minute. Are you Russian? Are you commenting for the Russian public? And who despite such a incredibly horrible injury dragged 3 quotes/spots for the country??!

Sorry for my English. Oh, and they said they were going to miss EX-GALA.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Yes, their names are not in the gala list, which is sad but very understandable. I do not need any explanations of the accident. I already put this somewhere in the worlds topics: They just opened the doors for ladies SP and the practice was still there when I walked in. I heard their SP music and I hurried to see them. After 30 seconds I saw the fall live and I really saw everything, I was very near on the stairs. And I really saw the pain on Evgenia's face. And the coach told them to go on the practice, if I understood right. I really hated their coach that moment I felt I must go and say do not skate, go and check the leg. In my aspect she had some pain in the wrist, too.

Santey

Match Penalty
Here is our beauty.
Nina Mozaer on Evgenia Tarasova:
"The injury is healing quite fast, Zhenya is recovering. Honestly saying, I am just amazed of her will power. In tuesday she is going to pass control medical test and in thursday planning come out on ice and start preparation for the team world championship."

Last edited:

sallycinnamon

Medalist
Congratulations to Evgenia and Vladimir on winning the bronze medal at Worlds! All my respect goes to Evgenia who didn't give up and decided to compete despite the injury.
It was very good to see them in person, especially I loved their 'Music' FS. :) I look forward to their new programs next season and good luck! :)

Last edited:

madforskating

On the Ice
Hey! New to the forum here!

I first spotted these two at 2014 COR and thought they were definitely a pair to watch. They remained on my radar and then suddenly at the GPF they just sprang to life and started winning everything and the rest is history!

I loved their SP in particular this year.

madforskating

On the Ice
Hey Zhenya and Vlad ubers! Not long now before our team hits the ice for the SP at WTT! Can't wait to see it one last time - this was a fun upbeat program and I enjoyed it every time.

madforskating

On the Ice
Well, definitely not Evgenia and Vlad's best today, but proud of their fight.
I was VERY surprised by the falls since they've had great luck with the short all season. I don't think I've seen her miss a throw since Skate America where Vlad was sick. But hey, nobody watches World Team Trophy, right? And there's still a free skate where we can give "Music was my first love" a good sendoff! Staying positive.

newyn

On the Ice
Today was not their best but I'm wishing them luck for tomorrow! I hope she is feeling well and her injury is not bothering her too much.

They have been super consistent in the SP the whole season, but they have probably missed some training and lost some confidence because of her injury. And yes, I don't think WTT results matter too much in comparison to their excellent worlds, euros and GPF performance.

LRK

Record Breaker
I've just got round to watching the pairs, and I was pretty much going to say what newyn did - I think there has been loss of training time because of the injury to Evgenia's leg. She must have rested it at least a while after Worlds' and her feat of endurance then. And it's been a long season, and many of the skaters are simply tired.

It was a pity since I loved this SP for them, but it's understandable.

I hope they don't let this get them down and come back with new energy in the free.