Nikol Gosviani | Golden Skate

Nikol Gosviani

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Am I right in remembering that Nikol Gosviani switched to skate for Georgia after last season? If not, why was she not at Russian Nats? Injury?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I hadn't heard anything, but I really hope what you say is correct.

Although there were lots of things that sky_fly20 and I had vastly different opinions on, this is one thing we agreed on. We both very strongly believed that Nikol should use her family background to skate for Georgia.

With the strength in depth of talent in Russia at the minute, Nikol's chances of getting back on the Russian team are zero. But, if she switched to Georgia, she would have a very good chance of getting international assignments.

At the end of the day, Elene Gedevanishvilli isn't going to be around forever. And, there doesn't seem to be any strong Georgian skaters to follow her. So, when Elene does hang up her skates, Nikol will be pretty much guaranteed the slot.

And in the meantime, having 2 good skaters competing for the same slot will push both Elene and Nikol to up their game.

It's a win-win situation for everybody. For Nikol, for Elene, and for the Georgian Federation.

I really hope this is happening!

CaroLiza_fan

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I'm honestly not sure if that is true about Georgia. I thought I had seen it mentioned somewhere, but maybe not, there were so many country changes and partner changes after the Olympic season that it was hard to accurately keep track of them all. Anyhow, I did see on Wikipedia a few minutes ago that Nikol withdrew from two GP events this season (NHK and Rostelecom).

Country
Russia
Nikol did not compete this season, nor GP, neither Russian Cup Events.
She did not skate at test skate at beginning of the season.
Last info that I have about her from CSKA at October - nothing good.

She may retire.

Amer

Final Flight
Country
Italy
I hadn't heard anything, but I really hope what you say is correct.

Although there were lots of things that sky_fly20 and I had vastly different opinions on, this is one thing we agreed on. We both very strongly believed that Nikol should use her family background to skate for Georgia.

With the strength in depth of talent in Russia at the minute, Nikol's chances of getting back on the Russian team are zero. But, if she switched to Georgia, she would have a very good chance of getting international assignments.

At the end of the day, Elene Gedevanishvilli isn't going to be around forever. And, there doesn't seem to be any strong Georgian skaters to follow her. So, when Elene does hang up her skates, Nikol will be pretty much guaranteed the slot.

And in the meantime, having 2 good skaters competing for the same slot will push both Elene and Nikol to up their game.

It's a win-win situation for everybody. For Nikol, for Elene, and for the Georgian Federation.

I really hope this is happening!

CaroLiza_fan
Whatever happened to sky_fly20?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Whatever happened to sky_fly20?

They got banned. I think their criticisms just got too extreme for what is supposed to be a family forum.

It's a shame because, although I hardly ever agreed with sky_fly's opinions, they were great for bringing us news, particularly about what was happening in Russia.

But, we seem to be managing alright. ;)

CaroLiza_fan