2015 Winter Universiade | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 Winter Universiade

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Amodio...is slowly improving. At Euros he was better than I'd seen him all year.
Oh, look, Gachinski is in second place!
73.78 37.13 36.65 7.55 7.00 7.50 7.25 7.35 0.00
Must have missed his quad combo.

alebi

Medalist
yeah... not the best skate by Gachinski either... these skaters aren't using this event as a "revenge" to show who they really are... Only Nan Song seems to be the good note till now

alebi

Medalist
LAM and RAYA are the next ones I'm going have a look at... This competition needs a surprise

alebi

Medalist
well... I'm happy enough for Raya and Song, in general it wasn't a "sparkling" competition. Now I have to go, enjoy the rest to anyone who stays :)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I was going to ask "what on Earth happened that Moris KVITELASHVILI is so far down?!" Then I saw he had 2 deductions and thought "that explains a lot".

But then, I saw Kozuka in the lead had the same! :eek: (Of course, we are talking about skaters of different levels!)

After dithering for a long time over whether to pick Gorshkov or Kvitelashvili as my alternate, I really wish now I had gone the other way. Kvitelashvili is so far back that he has no hope of getting into the top 5!

Really impressed with LAM Chiu Ting being in 7th after the SP. He may have been around for donkey's years, but it looks like he is finally starting to make some progress this season. Plus, his team mate, LEUNG Kwun Hung (who I had never come across before), also qualified for the FS!

As you may have picked up, I have friends who were originally from Hong Kong, so I always like to see people from there doing well.

I don't know if anybody else noticed, but I found something interesting when we got the ISU Bios.

We have a set of siblings competing!

The final skater to go in the Men's SP, Finland's Bela Papp, is the brother of one of the skaters competing in the Ladies competition, Beata Papp. Not only that, they have 2 other siblings that are also figure skaters!!! (Suffice to say, Mum is a skating coach!)

I wonder if we will ever see all four Papps competing in the same competition at international level?

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Did anyone actually manage to stream it? I thought I would get up early and watch at least the last couple groups, but it didn't work out that way...

When I put on the stream at the start time, all I got was a countdown to an ice hockey match. And then, when I tried again after dinner, I just got a blank space where the screen should have been.

Aha! So the skating was being televised in Spain on tdp! I didn't realise that.

I wonder if day.to or some of the other illegal streaming sites has a stream for tdp?

We'll have to investigate that tomorrow morning! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

EDIT:

Some videos are available on Youtube

Felipe Montoya SP

Just to let you know, Montoya's video has had it's music removed due to a copyright claim. :mad:

Last edited:

Reynnou

On the Ice
Aha! So the skating was being televised in Spain on tdp! I didn't realise that.

I wonder if day.to or some of the other illegal streaming sites has a stream for tdp?

We'll have to investigate that tomorrow morning! ;) :biggrin:

You can try to watch it here using Hola. It didn't work well for me today but maybe it'll be better for you :)

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
You can try to watch it here using Hola. It didn't work well for me today but maybe it'll be better for you :)

Doesn't work for me either - only a black screen even w/Hola. Oh well - doesn't seem like much was missed so far (Kozuka in 1st with 2 falls? :slink:).

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
The good news is that the TDP schedule has been updated and they do have the Universiade FS in the schedule now for the next few days. There has got to be a working stream out there somewhere!

Looks like they will repeat the men's SP at 4:00 AM, which is 8:00 PM tonight in my time zone...I'll see if I can find something then.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Thanks for the info, Gallavich. Doesn't seem like any of us missed much (even watching the videos was kinda depressing :hopelessness:), but maybe other events will be better...

Country
Russia
does it work for you? It says content unavailable even with Hola :eek:hwell:
Yes.
It works in Russia.

I don't give non-tested by me links. Of course, no warranty that it works elsewhere.

Last edited: