2015 US Nationals Predictions and Wishes | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2015 US Nationals Predictions and Wishes

macy

Record Breaker
i'm only going to predict ladies since i really didn't pay attention much like i should have so far this season...

1. ashley
2. gracie
3. polina
4. mirai
5. samantha
6. hannah
7. karen
8. courtney
9. amber
10. mariah
11. angela

but, this can go many, MANY ways. i think 4-11 can be in literally any order depending on who the judges want to hold down, hold up, who feels like falling, who feels like having a great skate. as for gracie and ashley, those can flip flop as well. just depends on gracie's injury, and if ashley's nerves get in the way. i don't know why so many people put courtney up in the top few, i don't think she brings a lot to the table except for big jumps. also mirai's spot could be absolutely anywhere, but i think she'll be somewhere on the podium if the judges don't hold her down, she skates like she's actually enjoying it and she's mostly clean. i looooove samantha's skating and consistency, but i still think there's a spark missing and i think that's what keeps her off the podium. we shall see. if polina skates well she should have no problem being towards the top. of the group i listed i think hannah, karen, and possibly amber are the dark horses. if hannah and karen put two good skates together they could go 4-5 in whatever order. i'm excited to see how amber holds it together being it her first senior nats. i love her attack on jumps. i've always loved mariahs skating and her clear love for it when she's out there competing, if she skates well she could place top 6. i don't see angela being anywhere near the top unless she pulls two amazing skates with fire under her a** from somewhere with sunshine and rainbows, because i haven't seen something like that in a while. at least not this season and not last year at nationals. but whatever happens i'm excited for it.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Was I the only one who guessed the top three correctly?! :dance:

I bet the podium is going to be nothing like most of you so far predicted. :laugh:

Let me just remind you of some recent scores THIS season (not the ones inflated at Sochi or the following WC ;)):

Polina Edmunds: 161.27, 161.79
Gracie Gold: 179.38, 182.31, 191.16
Wagner: 177.74, 189.50, 186
Mirai Nagasu: 158.21, 165.88
Karen Chen: 169.41, 160.95

Based on this, I'd say:
1. Gold
2. Wagner
3. Chen

is most likely, unless Gold lets pressure get to her big time.

:biggrin:

Original Post here: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...-Predictions-and-Wishes&p=1068832#post1068832

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Wishes? Shibs overtake C/B, Mirai has the skate of her life and wins and Adam makes the podium. Is it probable? Ehm... :rolleye: But they're my wishes and everything can happen! :biggrin:

That were my wishes. And all of you know how it went? Literally I had no idea that Shibs could fight for that title very hard. Mirai could make the podium and skate great in the FS but then the rink... However, I didn't belive that the last wish could happen. It was Adam that had the skate of his life! I still think it was dream. Once he rotates that quad lutz, he will be unstoppable!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Whatever happens, I need Max on that World team. I don't think I could bear to see his little broken-hearted face again. He just looked so sad last year. Most heartbreaking moment of Nationals without question. :cry:

And here's where I jinxed it, darnit. :cry: :cry:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It could have been, but my brother had only girls. . I am going to unapprove all this stuff to neaten up.the thread.