Michelle Kwan's "Dante's Prayer" | Golden Skate

Michelle Kwan's "Dante's Prayer"

S

SkateFan4Life

Michelle Kwan's "Dante's Prayer"

Last evening I pulled out one of my videotapes from the 1998 season and enjoyed the Keri Pro/Am Figure Skating Championship that was held in the fall of 1998 in Daytona Beach, Florida.

Michelle Kwan won the competition handily, with two very strong programs. As this was a pro/am event, the emphasis wasn't on heavy-duty technical skills. Michelle's long program was a masterpiece, skated to "Dante's Prayer". While it included "only" three triples - lutz, toe, and salchow - it was a gorgeous skate. Great choregraphy, deep edges, lots of emotion. Wow!! :D

Michelle had just cut her hair at that time, and she sported a very short haircut. Looked quite nice, I think.

N

nymkfan51

Re: Michelle Kwan's "Dante's Prayer"

SkateFan ... that is one of my favorite programs of hers. The music is gorgeous and she had such beautiful deep edges ... she reminded me of Dorothy Hamil when she skated to this.

S

sk8ing lady2001

"Dante's Prayer" as interpreted by Michelle was just hauntingly beautiful. I loved it! :)

K

Kara Bear

I'm so glad you started this thread. dante's Prayer is my fav Michelle program. I love the one she did at the worlds exhibition in 1998. And now the song and the artist, Loreena McKennit, have become among my favorites. Michelle introduces me to great music..McKennit and Cassidy!

E

Emerald2000

That's one of my favorite programs Michelle has done. It made me cry!!

P

Pather2000

<em>I love that Program. That & East of Eden. They are my Favs. of her exhibitions. Needless to say that her 2002 Olympic Exhibition of FOG was just so emotionallly raw & moving. I found myself crying too at the end of it. </em>

T

tharrtell

The one and only time (to date) that I've heard a piece of music while watching skating and gone out to buy the CD. MK's interpretation of Loreena McKennet's (s/p?) music gives me the chills.