American Championships: Predictions Game Round 7 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

American Championships: Predictions Game Round 7

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I have to revise my earlier prediction left at 2015 US Nationals Predictions and Wishes after watching some clips of youngsters' recent (of a year to three months old:eek:) performances who were top finishers in the junior ladies at Nationals last year. I hope new stars rise and surprise us with freshness and sparkles.

Ladies
1. Ashley Wagner
2. Graice Gold
3. Polina Edmunds
4. Courtney Hicks
5. Hannah Miller
6. Mirai Nagasu
7. Karen Chen
8. Samatha Cesario
9. Christina GAO

Men
1. Jeremy Abbott
2. Richard Dornbush
3. Max Aaron
4. Adam Rippon
5. Jason Brown
6. Nathan Chen
7. Ross Miner

Ice Dance
1. Chock/Bates
2. Shibutanis
3. Hubble/Donahue
4. Hawayek/Baler
5. Cannuscio/McManus
6. Aldridge/ Eaton

Pairs:
1. Denney/Frazier
2. Scimeca/ Knierim
3. Aaron/Settlage
4. Kayne/O'Shea
5. Castelli/Tran
6. Calalang/ Sidhu
7. Leng/ Schnapir
8. Donlan/ Bartholomay

Last edited:

Puchi

On the Ice
Men

1. Richard DORNBUSH
2. Max AARON
3. Jason BROWN
4. Jeremy ABBOT
5. Adam RIPPON
6. Nathan CHEN

Ladies

1. Gracie GOLD
2. Ashley WAGNER
3. Courtney HICKS
4. Mirai NAGASU
5. Polina EDMUNDS
6. Samantha CESARIO

Pairs

1. Haven DENNEY / Brandon FRAZIER
2. Alexa SCIMECA / Chris KNIERIM
3. Madeline AARON / Max SETTLAGE
4. Jessica Noelle CALALANG / Zack SIDHU
5. Marissa CASTELLI / Mervin TRAN
6. DeeDee LENG / Simon SHNAPIR

Ice dance

1. Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES
2. Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI
3. Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE
4. Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER
5. Alexandra ALDRIDGE / Daniel EATON
6. Anastasia CANNUSCIO / Colin MCMANUS

cjmorton29

Rinkside
Woohoo! The climax of the Nationals season is here. I am not American, but I always love American Nationals as it's always filled with drama, spectacular moments, hot messes and surprising results! You never really know what's gonna happen, there are so many different potential results!

Men: Probably the most unknown. While I don't think it's guaranteed by any means, I will just go with the assumption that Brown and Aaron are the top 2, as that's the closest thing to a safe bet. I could be completely wrong, but I foresee Dornbush having a good Championships, and could challenge for the top. Then, you have Abbott. He could go WAY up or WAY down- it's so unpredictable! Carriere, Miner, Razzano, Rippon and Farris all have the amount of talent that it takes to get on the podium, but could also do terribly. Then maybe the ultimate wild card is... Nathan Chen. I'll admit, I don't buy into him pulling a Polina Edmunds, but if that happens it would be exciting! I do think he'll do well, and ellipse many bigger names.

1. Max Aaron
2. Jason Brown
3. Richard Dornbush
4. Jeremy Abbott
5. Nathan Chen

6. Stephen Carriere
7. Ross Miner
8. Douglas Razzano
9. Adam Rippon
10. Joshua Farris (he could be the ultimate wild card, but all we have to go on is NHK...)

Ladies: I feel that Ashley has the momentum here, and I hope the positive GPF has affected her mentality in a positive way, and hasm't made her feel the pressure again. Gold though does have a technical advantage and maybe has the judges a little bit more (???), we'll see. I am not putting Edmunds third because I think that would be too predictable, and is hard to back up after a disappointing GP season. My personal favourite is Cesario, and so I am shamelessly letting my wishes influence my predictions. Nagasu is the most Abbott-like of the women, and I honestly don't think it will come together for her. I think Hicks will do well, and then beyond that is a real fight. Hannah Miller has impressed this season, and Mariah Bell as well. Juniors like Karen Chen and Amber Glenn will make the competition really interesting, and then you have ones like Angela Wang, Ashley Cain, Christina Gao, and Tyler Pierce who could either rise to the occasion or fall flat. It will be GOOD!

1. Ashley Wagner
2. Gracie Gold
3. Samantha Cesario
4. Courtney Hicks
5. Polina Edmunds

6. Mirai Nagasu
7. Hannah Miller
8. Karen Chen
9. Mariah Bell
10. Ashley Cain
11. Amber Glenn
12. Angela Wang

Pairs: I feel this will come down to Scimeca/ Knierim and Denney/ Frazier, and I can't come up with a compelling argument for either side. I still feel like there will be a lot of mistakes and issues, but it will be interesting to see the new teams. Castelli/ Tran and Kayne/ O'Shea might have the most to prove, as they both have some hype around them but haven't yet had much of a chance to prove it.

1. Scimeca/ Knierim
2. Denney/ Frazier
3. Aaron/ Settlage
4. Castelli/ Tran
5. Kayne/ O'Shea

6. Calalang/ Sidhu
7. Leng/ Schnapir
8. Donlan/ Bartholomay

Dance: The least interesting, I must admit. I think it will be down to Hubbell/ Donohue and Hawayek/ Baker for bronze, and I think the judges will stick with the past, and H/D will have one more year to keep themselves in the top 3.

1. Chock/ Bates
2. Shibutani/ Shibutani
3. Hubbell/ Donohue
4. Hawayek/ Baker
5. Aldridge/ Eaton

6. Cannuscio/ McManus
7. Olson/ Lorello
8. Aranow/ Brubaker

And there we have it! Can't wait for this to start!!!

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
THIS IS YOUR ELEVEN HOUR WARNING.

You have just 12 hours left until the target time to get your predictions in, i.e. until 15:35 EST (21:35 CET / 20:35 GMT)

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to say that I've now added the start orders for the Men's SP to the original post.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Men
1. Jason Brown
2. Jeremy Abbott
3. Max Aaron
4. Richard Dornbush
5. Ross Miner
6. Adam Rippon

Pretty open, I think any of my top 4 has a good shot at the title.

Ladies
1. Ashley Wagner
2. Gracie Gold
3. Polina Edmunds
4. Courtney Hicks
5. Mirai Nagasu
6. Samantha Cesario

Top 2 in any order baring meltdown (possible). Bronze will be between Edmunds, Hicks, Nagasu and Cesario.

Pairs
1. Alexa Scimeca / Chris Knierim
2. Haven Denney / Brandon Frazier
3. Tarah Kayne / Daniel O'Shea
4. Madeline Aaron / Max Settlage
5. Marissa Castelli / Mervin Tran
6. Jessica Calalang / Zack Sidhu

Top 2 in any order baring meltdown (again possible). Bronze is more open as some of the pairs haven't competed much and might show some big improvements since.

Ice Dance
1. Madison Chock / Evan Bates
2. Maia Shibutani / Alex Shibutani
3. Madison Hubbell / Zachery Donohue
4. Kaitlin Hawayek / Jean-Luc Baker
5. Alexandra Aldridge / Daniel Eaton
6. Anastasia Cannuscio / Colin McManus

I think most agree on this order. Maybe Hawayek/Baker can take bronze with improvements and/or mistakes from Hubbell/Donohue

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I flipped a coin a few times to decide these :drama:

Women
1 Ashley WAGNER
2 Gracie GOLD
3 Karen CHEN
4 Polina EDMUNDS
5 Courtney HICKS
6 Samantha CESARIO
7 Mirai NAGASU
8 Christina GAO

Men
1 Jeremy ABBOTT
2 Max AARON
3 Jason BROWN
4 Adam RIPPON
5 Richard DORNBUSH
6 Stephen CARRIERE
7 Ross MINER
8 Joshua FARRIS

Pairs
1 Haven DENNEY / Brandon FRAZIER
2 Alexa SCIMECA / Chris KNIERIM
3 Tarah KAYNE / Daniel O’SHEA
4 Madeline AARON / Max SETTLAGE
5 Jessica Noelle CALALANG / Zack SIDHU
6 DeeDee LENG / Simon SHNAPIR

Dance
1 Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES
2 Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI
3 Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE
4 Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER
5 Alexandra ALDRIDGE / Daniel EATON
6 Anastasia CANNUSCIO / Colin MCMANUS

And here's the handy list randomizer for anyone that is cramped for time, indecisive, doesn't keep up with a discipline, etc. :)

Mentalopes

Rinkside
Men
1. Abbott
2. Brown
3. Dornbush
4. Aaron
5. Rippon

6. Farris

Ladies
1. Wagner
2. Gold
3. Hicks
4. Edmunds
5. Cesario

6. Chen

Pairs
1. Scimeca/Kniweim
2. Denney/Frazier
3. Kayne/Oshea
4. Aaron/Settlage
5. Calalang/Sidhu

6. Marissa CASTELLI / Mervin TRAN

Ice Dance
1. Chock/Bates
2. Shibutanis
3. Hubbell/Donohue
4. Hawayek/Baker
5. Aldrige/Eaton

6. Anastasia CANNUSCIO / Colin MCMANUS

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Ladies:
1 Gracie GOLD
2 Ashley WAGNER
3 Mirai NAGASU
4 Polina EDMUNDS
5 Samantha CESARIO
6 Courtney HICKS

Men:
1 Jason BROWN
2 Richard DORNBUSH
3 Max AARON
4 Jeremy ABBOTT
5 Nathan CHEN
6 Adam RIPPON

Pairs:
1 Haven DENNEY / Brandon FRAZIER
2 Alexa SCIMECA / Chris KNIERIM
3 Madeline AARON / Max SETTLAGE
4 Tarah KAYNE / Daniel O’SHEA
5 Marissa CASTELLI / Mervin TRAN
6 DeeDee LENG / Simon SHNAPIR

Dance:
1 Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES
2 Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI
3 Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER
4 Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE
5 Alexandra ALDRIDGE / Daniel EATON
6 Anastasia CANNUSCIO / Colin MCMANUS

Good luck everyone! :cheer:

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Dance (too lazy to write the whole names)

1. C/B
2. Shibs
3. H/D
4. H/B
5. A/E
6. C/M

Pairs

1. D/F
2. S/K
3. A/S
4. C/T
5. K/O'S
6. L/S

Men

1. Brown
2. Abbott
3. Aaron
4. Rippon
5. Dornbush
6. Carriere

Ladies

1. Wagner
2. Gold
3. Nagasu
4. Cesario
5. Edmunds
6. Hicks

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
THIS IS YOUR TWO HOUR WARNING.

You have just 2 hours left until the target time to get your predictions in, i.e. until 15:35 EST (21:35 CET / 20:35 GMT)

And while I'm here, just remember that the deadline for predictions for the Canadian Championships will be coming up tomorrow.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oops. Sorry. I forgot to tell you that the target time had passed.

However, if you still want to enter, I will use my discretion to accept entries for each discipline right up to the start of their Short Programme.

The Pairs Short will start in half an hour's time at 16:35 EST (22:35 CET / 21:35 GMT)

For those in North America that can watch it, enjoy. And for the rest of us, hopefully some videos will appear in the coming days. ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

waxel

Final Flight
I am sorry to be so late getting in on the fun, but am going to do these predictions anyway. (I know, I have some whacked ideas.)

Men
Abbott
Brown
Rippon
Aaron
Dornbush

Chen

Dance

Shibs
Chock & Bates
Hubbell & Donohue
Aldridge & Eaton
Hawayek & Baker

Cannuscio & McManus

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I am sorry to be so late getting in on the fun, but am going to do these predictions anyway. (I know, I have some whacked ideas.)

I was late with my Canadian predictions too, but better late than never! ;)

tulosai

Record Breaker
Not so many predictions this time!

In dance we have 3 perfect scores: CarneAsada, inside edges, and guenever!

a whopping 20 people got a score of 70. FOrgive me for not listing all of you individually!

Please check and make sure everything is correct with your scores- it is late and I am tired, but I tried my best to be accurate and think it all should be in order :D

alebi

Medalist
Not so many predictions this time!

In dance we have 3 perfect scores: CarneAsada, inside edges, and guenever!

a whopping 20 people got a score of 70. FOrgive me for not listing all of you individually!

Please check and make sure everything is correct with your scores- it is late and I am tired, but I tried my best to be accurate and think it all should be in order :D

sorry I don't find my score in Ice dance :drama::)

I'm right after CarneAsada (in this thread) and to be honest I don't even see Debrah's and TMC's score in the score file :eek:

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker

I'm right after CarneAsada (in this thread) and to be honest I don't even see Debrah's and TMC's score in the score file :eek:

There's a score file? :laugh:

tulosai

Record Breaker

About your score: Sorry I will add it.

About the others: there are actually 13 predictors who are not in the score file yet. This is because Caro_liza_fan has not had a chance to add their names. Once there is a slot for their scores, I will add them. I have them noted elsewhere.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

About the others: there are actually 13 predictors who are not in the score file yet. This is because Caro_liza_fan has not had a chance to add their names. Once there is a slot for their scores, I will add them. I have them noted elsewhere.

Just wanted to let everybody know that I have added all the new players that posted predictions for Ice Dance in America and Canada.

If you are a new player that did not post predictions for Ice Dance, the scorers of those categories will no doubt let me know soon! ;)

And can I apologise that it has taken until now to add in the new players. The initial delay was due to me reaching bed-time several hours before most of the scorers! (The problem with living on opposite sides of the Atlantic!)

But then when I did start, I got half-way through and realised that I had made a major mistake somewhere. And since I wasn't sure at what stage I made the mistake, I had to go back to the start.

And can I just thank WoChair for playing every single round of the Nationals Game! :bow: :clap: :cheer: :points:

It was only when I spotted that WoChair had no score for Italian Nationals that I realised that I had made a mistake. If I had not known that WoChair had played every round, I probably wouldn't have realised, and the Spreadsheet would have been all wrong.

So, your dedication to the Game has been a lifesaver!

Hopefully it is all correct now...

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

alebi

Medalist
There's a score file? :laugh:

yes, you can check it in the first post of this thread http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...tional-Championships-Predictions-Game-(Rules) :)

I mentioned their names because they were in the same page with me so I thought we had been completely skipped :laugh: I know how tiring it can be, so I usually try to check and give a hand if I can :)