2015 Canadian Nationals Men's SP Jan 23 | Golden Skate

2015 Canadian Nationals Men's SP Jan 23

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
January 23 14:20 Eastern Time

Friday, January 23

Television-check local schedule. These are the Ontario times.
TSN 15:00-17:00 – LADIES & MENS SHORT PROGRAM
RDS 15:00-17:00

Senior Men's Start Order

Start Order Name Section
1 Dominic Rondeau QC
2 Leslie Ip CO
3 Jack Kermezian QC
4 Bennet Toman QC
5 Garrett Gosselin SK
6 Nicolas Tondreau-Alin QC

7 Charles Dion QC
8 Nicolas Beaudoin QC
9 Christophe Belley QC
10 Keegan Messing AB/NT/NU
11 Mitchell Gordon BC/YK
12 Roman Sadovsky CO

13 Andrei Rogozine CO
14 Jeremy Ten BC/YK
15 Nam Nguyen CO
16 Elladj Baldé QC
17 Liam Firus BC/YK
18 Kevin Reynolds. BC/YK

Venue Details

Rogers K – Rock Centre
1 The Tragically Hip Way, Kingston, Ontario K7K 0B4 Canada

Phone:
613-650-5000

http://www.rogersk-rockcentre.com/

Kingston is on Eastern Standard Time.

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
There's an actual street called "The Tragically Hip Way"? :shocked::laugh: Are there streets named for Rush, Nickelback and Blue Rodeo, too?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
:laugh2:

I wondered how long it would be before someone other than I noticed the arena address. Too funny.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Good luck to Keegan, Ten, Balde and especially super good luck to Kevin! :cheer:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I wish for Kevin and Jeremy on the podium for all the dues they have paid over the years. This is the year for them to bring their best, it being the best chance for Kevin to win the Canadian crown and the last Nationals for Jeremy. Nam will most likely be on that podium too, he being the one with the winning mindset, but he will almost certainly be on top sometime in the future if not this year.

Mens this year may just be a rather emotional event.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wish for Kevin and Jeremy on the podium for all the dues they have paid over the years. This is the year for them to bring their best, it being the best chance for Kevin to win the Canadian crown and the last Nationals for Jeremy. Nam will most likely be on that podium too, he being the one with the winning mindset, but he will almost certainly be on top sometime in the future if not this year.

Mens this year may just be a rather emotional event.

No kidding. The day of the free program, I have to cheer at a double-header basketball game (I'm a cheerleader at my college/university) and I warned some of my teammates that I will have high anxiety that day.

I want Kevin to finally get the national title. It's his time. And I don't think he's done. No. I see a few more seasons ahead for him.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
A new interview with Liam Firus was posted on the Skate Guard blog today. :)

Hope he achieves his goal of making the podium. :yay:

kresslia

Medalist
Rooting for Nam, honestly. I see him as the future of Canadian figure skating. Think he and Patrick could make a good one-two punch throughout the next few years.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Reynolds if he got a bit more consistent with the jumps, got rid of JOanne McLeod and improved his artistry might add a third punch - remember he was fifth in the world.

peg

Medalist
Reynolds if he got a bit more consistent with the jumps, got rid of JOanne McLeod and improved his artistry might add a third punch - remember he was fifth in the world.

Yeah, Joanne McLeod doesn't seem to really be able to get her students to achieve their full potential. I think Kevin should have left her long ago.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah, Joanne McLeod doesn't seem to really be able to get her students to achieve their full potential. I think Kevin should have left her long ago.

Well she might not be the best coach, but if he's happy with her being his coach, then I think we should respect that. She's been his coach since maybe 1999 I think. He obviously would have left a while ago if he didn't feel like it was working out.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Well she might not be the best coach, but if he's happy with her being his coach, then I think we should respect that. She's been his coach since maybe 1999 I think. He obviously would have left a while ago if he didn't feel like it was working out.

I'm sure he has his reasons for staying, but it's hard not to wonder what he might have achieved with another coach, like Orser for example. And perhaps the dreaded boot issues would not have dragged on so long. I'm not saying she's to blame for everything; I know very little about her. But I think people are simply lamenting why he hasn't been able to make the most of his talent thus far.

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice
I feel like part of the problem is: Can more elite coaches move to the west coast? :hopelessness:

kresslia

Medalist
I really like Kevin but he's such a mess out there half the time. It's hard to picture him ever being consistent at this point. I'm always rooting for him though. Hopefully he can pull it together here, I was SO happy when he turned in that great free skate in the Sochi team event.

Is he skating to Zelda music for his FS? More reason to love him if so :laugh:

Last edited: