2015 Canadian Nationals Ladies SP Jan 23 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 Canadian Nationals Ladies SP Jan 23

kresslia

Medalist
A bit painful to watch tbh. Chartrand and Daleman not living up to their potential. Good on Veronik for actually not falling.

I'm not even a huge Osmond fan but I missed her a lot here.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
A bit of a disappointment, especially compared to how well-skated the American Nationals SP was. But better than the men.

Veronik Mallet was the highlight for me. Something about her dress, her composure, even the way she does her jumps... dare I say, she reminded me a little of Michelle Kwan? :love: I would've had her in the lead with the highest PCS, even without a 3-3.

Rheault was also pleasant to watch, and her smile was just dazzling. But she did look a bit slow, and the 3T-2T didn't help.

I honestly thought Daleman didn't skate any better than Chartrand, if not slightly worse. So I was a bit baffled by her marks. But looking at the protocols, it seems that Alaine got a UR call for her 3-3. Her PCS were still the highest. So in that sense, I understand why the points worked out the way they did.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Wow, hardly any interest in the Canadians compared to the US nationals. This was pitiful. WHo would ever think Canada would miss Osmond so much Chartrand and Daleman had the window of opportunity and though either or Mallet could win they could have made a much better statement. I think Canada may lose its two spots for 2016 looking at these "relative" no names. Yes Chartrand won a medal on the GP but they really look shakey unlike the plucky American girls.