Polina Edmunds - 2015 USA National Champion? Will She Do it? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Polina Edmunds - 2015 USA National Champion? Will She Do it?

marcolee925

Rinkside
The fall got a UR call, and she also didn't throw the combo back in after her flip. The mistakes were very, very costly.

It would probably have been easier for her back in the days when she was attempting both the 3lutz3toe and 3flip3toe. Obviously, if the flip was landed fine, tagging on a 2toe should not be a problem and it would have been an easy 1.X points. But IIRC the flip was landed quite close to the boards and she probably didn't think to combine it - the worst result would be only able to do a 1toe after the 3flip - that would have been another -3.

Last edited:

Taan

On the Ice
After fast rise, Polina Edmunds hits a few bumps
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...-figure-skating-spt-0121-20150121-column.html
Edmunds nevertheless was dismayed at having several jumps dinged for wrong-edge takeoffs, as if judges began to find ways to give her deductions for being an ingenue who isn't Russian — even though her mother is a Russian emigree who once coached skating there, and Edmunds speaks Russian.

"Of course I was disappointed," she said. "I have nerves. (But) I didn't make any more mistakes than any of the other girls at the Grand Prixs. I am a newcomer so the judges are going to be a little more strict with me."

Edmunds had no such issues on the same jumps at last year's Olympics or worlds. Few skaters suddenly begin using the wrong edge for takeoffs on jumps previously judged not to have those problems.

"(Judging) shouldn't be about countries or specific skaters or how long you have been skating, but how you do that day," she said. "I know my jumps are good and clean."
:rock:

macy

Record Breaker
this won't happen for another couple years. polina has great jumps, great technique, but still has lots of refining and growing up to do as a skater, if you want it in a nutshell.

lavender

Record Breaker
Polina's not exactly my taste but if some crazy luck comes into play who knows. We've seen it happen at the Olympics. However, she has time and then maybe she will be the top prospect by the time the Olympics get here.

Last edited:

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
If Polina wins a National title, Id be very surprised if it was this year. Shes had issues this year thanks to puberty among other things, maybe once that's over and shes used to her new body etc, she can. But 2015 isn't looking good for a title.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
She needs to show people a CLEAN and well-executed short program today. I think her short program to tango suits very well to her grown body than her Free one with a Tinker Bell theme. YouTube has a video clip of showing her clean SP in a challenger competition of earlier this season but only available in a very poor definition quality.

Last edited:

Taan

On the Ice
YAY Polina!!! 3rd after the sp ....anything can happen in the long ..fingers crossed!!!:cheer:

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
I hope not. I like Polina but she is still so awkward and unrefined out there imo. She is still growing into her limbs. In a few years she'll have more polish - but not yet. And imo she should have been no higher than 4th or 5th in the SP.

Last edited:

Mangomango

On the Ice
Maybe not, but I'm hoping to see her on the podium.
I really liked the choreography and comparing other skaters skating to tango-like music this season, Polina is quite refined.
She didn't really perform during Grand Prix, so it's a great improvement already.