2015 US Nationals Senior Short Dance Jan 23 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 US Nationals Senior Short Dance Jan 23

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
She waited for him for a entire season while he recover over a lession (they made a mistake and she cut her tendons on practice after 2010 Olympics)... just to tell her he got a new partner. She got late to find a new partner and coach, after one season gave up competitive skating, now she just do shows.

Ooooh, yeah that's pretty rotten.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Interesting that the Shibs always get a more enthusiastic crowd response than Chock/Bates.

This seemed to be true at Skate America too, at least as I perceived it (I was there). It's hard to explain...in person, the Shibs just draw you in, even though you can see how good C/B are in both technique AND performance. It's like C/B are awesome but you can't help rooting for the Shibs more.

I could be totally biased though, because I love Maia and Alex ;)

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
She waited for him for a entire season while he recover over a lession (they made a mistake and she cut her tendons on practice after 2010 Olympics)... just to tell her he got a new partner. She got late to find a new partner and coach, after one season gave up competitive skating, now she just do shows.

That's sad! :cry: Thanks for answering!

samson

Medalist
I agree. I love C/M's FD a lot more than H/B, which is saying a lot cause I like theirs too.

I'm not sure I've seen C/M's FD yet, so I'll be really excited to see it tomorrow night. I do love H/B's program so I'll be real interested to see what they bring to the table tomorrow.

I wonder where Aldridge and Eaton will fit in all of this. They were so underwhelming to me in the grand prix this season. Here's to hoping they switch it on. With a fully healthy Hubbell and Donahue I really wonder what they'll have in store tonight!

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Here's the Ice Dance SD's:

U.S. Nationals Group #1 Dance SD (Nardozzi/Traxler, Patsis/Fast, Olson/Lorello, Zucker/Sitiks)

U.S. Nationals Group #2 Dance SD (Bynum/Deveikis, Maxwell/Devereaux, Ponomaryova/Altukhov, Hawayek/Baker)

U.S. Nationals Group #3 Dance SD (Chock/Bates, Shibs, Cannuscio/McManus, Hoptman/Filchenkov) intermittent audio issues beginning around the Shibs, but goes away after a few minutes

U.S. Nationals Group #4 Dance SD (Hubbell/Donohue, Gaughan/Lithco, Gamelin's, Reynolds', Aldridge/Eaton)

Last edited:

lmarie086

Medalist
Ahh sabinfire you are wonderful! Thank you!

Also...go Hubbell/Donohue!! Hoping they knock it out of the park.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Interesting that the Shibs always get a more enthusiastic crowd response than Chock/Bates.

At Nationals last year I actually did not feel that way. At the short dance in particular people went crazy for C/B especially after their program, and in the LP all the top teams were received super and equally warmly.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Nice skate by Hubbell and Donahue. Wondering how this will score.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Woah, that was much lower than I expected. I thought they would have been closer to 70.

samson

Medalist
Well... Hubbell and Donahue were kinda screwed. I liked that at least as much and Shibs and C/B. The twizzles with that music was insane. I'm guessing levels is what screwed them? Anyway at least they're in third right now.

lmarie086

Medalist
65.43? I mean, I know I haven't seen it yet...but I think they are deserving of a higher score at Nationals. That makes me fear for the FD.

sbaker

On the Ice
I didn't know I could love Charlie White any more than I do... If he and Meryl don't return to competition (which is of course where I'd like to get my fix from them), I really hope there is more commentary in his future!

We've missed you Charlie! :love:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Well... Hubbell and Donahue were kinda screwed. I liked that at least as much and Shibs and C/B. The twizzles with that music was insane. I'm guessing levels is what screwed them? Anyway at least they're in third right now.

Their TES was the same as C/M and lower that H/B. I had a feeling this might happen, some of the key points were a bit murky.

ozmodiar

On the Ice
This seemed to be true at Skate America too, at least as I perceived it (I was there). It's hard to explain...in person, the Shibs just draw you in, even though you can see how good C/B are in both technique AND performance. It's like C/B are awesome but you can't help rooting for the Shibs more.

I could be totally biased though, because I love Maia and Alex ;)

Yeah, I was at Skate America too, and noticed the same thing. Even at the Grand Prix Final, the audience seemed to prefer the Shibs. I think C/B's programs this year, while difficult, are so emotionally blah and unmemorable. Weird, because Madison projects personality as well as any skater can.