2015 US Nationals Senior Pairs SP Jan 22 | Golden Skate

2015 US Nationals Senior Pairs SP Jan 22

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
1/22/2015 4:35pm Senior Pairs Short Program

Entries
USFSA/Icenetwork bios are linked, where they exist. For teams for whom no IN bio exists, ISU bios or other bios are linked.

Madeline Aaron & Max Settlage
Jessica Calalang & Zach Sidhu
Marissa Castelli & Mervin Tran No bio exists for them as a team
Anya Davidovich & AJ Reiss No bio exists for them as a team
Haven Denney & Brandon Frazier
Gretchen Donlan & Nathan Bartholomay
Cali Fujimoto & Nicholas Barsi-Rhyne
Tarah Kayne & Daniel O'Shea
Dee Dee Leng & Simon Shnapir
Olivia Oltmanns & Joshua Santillan Icenetwork bio is not up to date.
Alexa Scimeca & Christopher Knierim
Alexandra Shaughnessy & James Morgan Icenetwork bio is not up to date

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
START ORDER

1 Anya Davidovich, Individual Member / AJ Reiss, Los Angeles FSC
2 Marissa Castelli, SC of Boston / Mervin Tran, SC of Boston
3 DeeDee Leng, DuPage FSC / Simon Shnapir, SC of Boston
4 Cali Fujimoto, Peninsula SC / Nicholas Barsi-Rhyne, SC of Lake Placid
5 Jessica Calalang, DuPage FSC / Zack Sidhu, Las Vegas FSC
6 Olivia Oltmanns, Broadmoor SC / Joshua Santillan, All Year FSC
7 Alexa Scimeca, DuPage FSC / Christopher Knierim, Broadmoor SC
8 Alexandria Shaughnessy, SC of Boston / James Morgan, SC of Boston
9 Haven Denney, Panthers FSC / Brandon Frazier, All Year FSC
10 Tarah Kayne, Southwest Florida FSC / Danny O'Shea, Skokie Valley SC
11 Gretchen Donlan, SC of Boston / Nathan Bartholomay, Southwest Florida FSC
12 Madeline Aaron, Coyotes SC of Arizona / Max Settlage, Broadmoor SC

http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2015/2015_us_fs_champs/CAT011SEG038.html

via @gina_capellazzi

-- :shocked: Castelli/Tran followed immediately by Leng/Shnapir. :drama:

Last edited:

Spiralgraph

On the Ice
Country
United-States
What a skate order. :cheer: To my not an expert eye, the three most graceful elegant US female pair skaters are in the last three teams skating. Now if all of them land their jumps, I'll be very happy.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Goooo Mervin Tran! Grab American skating fans' hearts with your gorgeous skate! :cheer::cheer:

samson

Medalist
^Really great score and great start for those two! I have a feeling they'll be in the final group on Saturday. I have to admit, this is my first time really watching DeeDee and Simon and I'm surprised how much I liked them.

Their footwork especially was really nice. Only a 55.03 - but they only did a double twist and he botched the side-by-side sals. Otherwise their other elements were very nice.

Art&Sport

Medalist
That was wonderful from Marissa and Mervin. They conquered the throw 3-twist, and only a bit of lost unison in the sbs spins. They were given a very good score, deservedly!

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Way to go Marissa and Mervin! That's a great start for a new team. I'm rooting for them. Marissa was my favorite US pairs girl last year (and...on a very superficial note...I find Mervin really attractive for some reason :eek::).

sbaker

On the Ice
WOW! US record for Alexa and Chris! Their triple twist is sooo huge - Can't wait to see the quad! That was spectacular. I'm so happy for them :biggrin:

ETA - Score of 74.01

Last edited:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I loved Alexa's face after she landed the throw triple flip. I'm pretty sure I saw a huge grin a couple times there. Not totally in character, but great to see her happy - and rightfully so. They delivered.

GF2445

Record Breaker
I really hope somebody loads it up onto youtube. I'm dying to see how Alexa and Chris' program looked like.
Also, I heard the audience turnout isn't great. Is that true

samson

Medalist
^yeah they nailed every element including their salchows. For me the skate fluctuated between gutsy and nervy, but they hit all the elements with aplomb, and you can tell they went in feeling like this was their title to win. And I think that's right. I LOVE Denney and Frazier but I just get the feeling that this year is Alexa and Chris go clean they'll get the title.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Alexa and Chris were great, but the score was overdone for sure. I think 68-69 would have been more reasonable but still a bit higher than they would get internationally. I guess the judges are making a statement that Alexa and Chris are their favored pair and they wanted to put room between them and the field since there are still a lot of very good skaters coming up.

Will be very interesting to see what happens with the second group.