2015 US Nationals Senior Men Short Program Jan 23 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 US Nationals Senior Men Short Program Jan 23

deedee1

Record Breaker
Good luck to Ricky, Jeremy, Ross, Stephen, Adam and Jason! :cheer:
And good luck to Max for our dearest friend golden :) and my hubby ;)!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope that the advances in technical merit we saw last night with the Ladies SP are carried forward to tonight.

Let's hear it for the Quad Squad!

The men have a tough act to follow. I thought the Ladies SP was a wonderfully skated segment. From what I've heard, so was the Pairs SP.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I am oddly excited by the mens, so many potential winners, and wouldn't count Adam, Ricky out yet from Jeremy, Jason, Max.

While I can predict the ladies, mens is alot uncertain. My dream top 3: Jeremy, Richard, Adam. (The chance of that happening? Less than 22.786%)

Warwick360

Medalist
Hoping for Farris, Brown to make it to the worlds. :popcorn: And hopefully with Dornbush or Aaron in the mix, although slight bias to Dornbush...... Oh to god I pray.....even though I'm an atheist.....:bow:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Hoping for Farris, Brown to make it to the worlds. :popcorn: And hopefully with Dornbush or Aaron in the mix, although slight bias to Dornbush...... Oh to god I pray.....even though I'm an atheist.....:bow:

We really are lucky in a way that we have so many top men in our country that we actually like!

waxel

Final Flight
I agree- it could be an exciting competition- especially if the Men skate as well as the Ladies. There are so many to like --- and it could go so many ways. Personally I'd really like to see Farris and Rippon do well. But I also like Abbott, Brown, Johnson, Dornbush, Carriere and Aaron (to a lesser degree).

Regarding Max's change to Blake Shelton- it might help the program- which hasn't seemed comfortable all season.

Cliche? Yes... but I hope they all skate brilliantly.

TCAngel18

Medalist
We really are lucky in a way that we have so many top men in our country that we actually like!

I hate that we can't send 5 to worlds!! I'm hoping for Abbott, Farris and Rippon, personally. 3 of the 4 best artists on ice we have, but I just can't get into Jason this year. I hate his programs.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Wish
Gold: I want Jeremy to win (if so with at least one clean quad)
Silver: Absolutely Dornbush. Enjoy both his programs. Great presentations to great music choices. Wouldn't mind him winning.
Bronze: Max. Figure skating needs his style as well. When he's on he is a crowd pleaser. For me he must nail his jumps to be enjoyable.

Before this season I predicted Josh to be US number one man due to his high technical content and beautiful presentation. But after another injury backlash and a Grand Prix skate with to many mistakes I think he must focus on next season - after a good experience at 4 continents :)

Many more I like: Adam, Jason, Stephen, Ross, Douglas, Jordan….

Hope that at least some of the guys can beat their best.

Prediction
Gold: Jason
Silver: Max
Bronze: Ricky

I haven't seen or can't remember having seen Nathan Chen, so I don't have a clue on his medal chances.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Thanks, Satine! Good luck Jason! Hope al the skaters skate well...they all work so hard.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Men's practice in the secondary rink has started.

Good luck to Ricky, Jeremy, Ross, Stephen, Adam and Jason! :cheer:
And good luck to Max for our dearest friend golden :) and my hubby ;)!

deedee, your husband is a man of excellent taste ... b/c he supports Max :yay: and he married you :love:.
Appreciate your good wishes for Max, and I will be pleased to cheer for your list as well.

Agree wholeheartedly with Stitch that the U.S. men are an embarrassment of riches in terms of guys to like. Although I am esp. partial to Max, I will be happy for everyone who skates well.