• Yuka Sato

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Ness

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • other please specify

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is interesting news. It makes me wonder if there is some problem with Richard Callaghan that makes skaters want to move on after working with him (even Tara).

I was disappointed in Callaghan's remarks about Jenny's admittedly sub-par performance at worlds. He said something like, she has to decide if she really wants to commit to a figure skating career. If he had doubts of that sort about his star student, #1 he should keep them to himself, and #2 that shows that the partnership is in trouble.

Mathman

berthes ghost

Final Flight
MM, I think that, like all issues, this coin has two sides.

1. Patience. Toller, who is fiercly loyal to Ellen Burka, mouthed off in one or more of his books about skaters who coach-hop desperaetly thinking that one of them will teach them a 3Lutz as if by waving a magic wand.
2. Youth. I'm no fan of icky-Dicky, but he's much younger than Carroll, Nicks, TT, etc... and thus does not have their track record. He's more in the lines of Wagner or Ness. For every Linda or Michelle, Frank had a Tiffany or Angela. Not all the gals really "left" Richard. I mean, did Tara really need a high level coach to tour with SOI? I don't think so.

mpal2

Final Flight
Mathman said:
I was disappointed in Callaghan's remarks about Jenny's admittedly sub-par performance at worlds. He said something like, she has to decide if she really wants to commit to a figure skating career. If he had doubts of that sort about his star student, #1 he should keep them to himself, and #2 that shows that the partnership is in trouble.

Mathman

What's even more troubling is finding out that her aunt died on the first day of World's practices. I wonder if Callaghan said a few more untactful things that is making Jenny want a new coach.

Her aunt just died and she competed anyway. Why is Jenny's commitment to a FS career the Richard's biggest problem at this time? Her commitment sounds just fine to me.

Last edited:

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I wonder, what is Zmievskaya doing nowdays?

As for Callaghan, I think of him as Mishin's American twin.

jesslily

Final Flight
The vote and people's comment show that Frank Carroll could be Jenny's good coach in the future. It seems that she has done the try-out. But Frank is good and famous at finding a little young talent girls, such as Michelle Kwan and Tiffany Chin to shape them to champions, rather than coaching a Sr. lady to top. It is told that he is not that patient with older girls. Angela left him quickly, Yebin Mok does not have happy time most of the days...

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I chose Mr. Carrol......every other figure skater has, so why not? 42