2015 US Nationals Senior Pairs FS Jan 24 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2015 US Nationals Senior Pairs FS Jan 24

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Watching the press conference now. Haven and Brandon are trying to crack smiles and be positive, but it's clear they are disappointed, especially her. I hope this puts a fire in them for later in the season.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
This link aso told me that I need a new Adobe Flash Player in Opera, but I opened it via Internet Explorer and it seems OK :) Ads working!

I believe with a free account (which I currently use), Ustream will show ads when more than 5 people are watching concurrently. AFAIK, the ads are 30 second clips when you first load the stream, but I haven't watched my own stream... so cannot confirm.

cornell08

Final Flight
I thought S/K and D/F were both kind of messy TBH. Preferred Tarah & Danny...I guess I'd rather have 1 missed jump and everything else polished than lots of little mistakes here and there.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I thought S/K and D/F were both kind of messy TBH. Preferred Tarah & Danny...I guess I'd rather have 1 missed jump and everything else polished than lots of little mistakes here and there.

I like them a lot as well despite the missed jump as well. I think I agree that they had the most cohesion.

Honestly, I get the math and why S/K won, but the only thing that stands out from that skate was the big quad twist. Everything else was not memorable.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
I believe with a free account (which I currently use), Ustream will show ads when more than 5 people are watching concurrently. AFAIK, the ads are 30 second clips when you first load the stream, but I haven't watched my own stream... so cannot confirm.

It works. I know, everybody here is telling you this, but you're gorgeous! :dance:

Alba

Record Breaker
I like them a lot as well despite the missed jump as well. I think I agree that they had the most cohesion.

Honestly, I get the math and why S/K won, but the only thing that stands out from that skate was the big quad twist. Everything else was not memorable.

:thumbsup:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I think had D/F gone first, the bobbles wouldn't've happened. They looked nervous to me out there. But maybe I'm reading stuff into it.

I can easily see D/F beating S/K at Worlds. Of course that'll be 8 and 9 place or thereabouts. I don't think world has anything to be worried about with the US pairs (as usual).

These scores would suggest both teams are in the medal hunt but I have to admit inflation or not, I still think all three Chinese teams, All the Russian teams and Duhamel and Radford if fairly marked and skate reasonably well are better than these American teams.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
These scores would suggest both teams are in the medal hunt but I have to admit inflation or not, I still think all three Chinese teams, All the Russian teams and Duhamel and Radford if fairly marked and skate reasonably well are better than these American teams.

We get these scores are inflated. Nobody is comparing these scores to international scores.

louisa05

Final Flight
We get these scores are inflated. Nobody is comparing these scores to international scores.

Exactly. Nationals scores do not count in ISU rankings or for ISU personal bests, after all. Inflation at nationals, all around the world, is just a fact. It didn't come with IJS either, I would think most of us remember the days when 6.0s were handed out like candy at various national comps. The U.S. threw them out like confetti the last year they judged Nats in that system.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

Maybe there should be a rule if you judge a nationals you cannot judge internationally - your credibility is ruined lol Of course this could open a can of worms with former banned judges or admonished judges returning.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Maybe there should be a rule if you judge a nationals you cannot judge internationally - your credibility is ruined lol Of course this could open a can of worms with former banned judges or admonished judges returning.

Also another thing to consider that this field nationally is different from an international field. The top pairs here are going to stand out more than from some of the lower ranking pairs, hence the much higher PCS scores. PCS is scored RELATIVE TO THE COMPETITION, hence the reasoning of not comparing to international scores.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Ugh. Hopefully they upload the 2nd group after the weekend at least. Pairs is my favorite discipline but it does seem to be the least popular in general so I understand NBC not showing but not allowing IN to show it today is just sad.

Yeah I just don't get it.

Also agree, though I think Denney/Frazier have potential if they stay together. Also at least it looks like S/K will stay together due to their romatic relationship assuming they don't break up. I think in pairs staying together long term is half the battle and a lot of American teams are in denial about that, which contributes (though is not solely responsible for) our poor international results.

As for my thoughts on the 4 programs NBC so very generously allowed me to see, S/K's twist was awesome! Other than that the program was a bit blah for me, but that element was really strong and makes me excited for them!

D/F have the best program but they didn't skate it to its potential which is too bad. I hope they do stay together, I could see them having success internationally if they do.

Castelli and Tran need time to gel but that's okay.

Kayne and O'Shea really impressed me! They are much better than I expected/remember them being :) I look forward to hopefully seeing them progress too.

Obviously as others have said our teams are not positioned to be hugely successful internationally right now, but I think if some of these teams do stay together that could change, and this is the first time in a while I've truly felt that way.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Ugh. Hopefully they upload the 2nd group after the weekend at least. Pairs is my favorite discipline but it does seem to be the least popular in general so I understand NBC not showing but not allowing IN to show it today is just sad.

Totally. Pairs are also a favourite discipline of mine and I don't get why they give us no chance to see it.

Kayne and O'Shea were amazing in my opinion. Great presentation, good timing, nice speed - it was great to watch even with this fall. So happy for them :)