2015 US Nationals Senior Pairs FS Jan 24 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 US Nationals Senior Pairs FS Jan 24

Alba

Record Breaker
S&K can execute a quad twist, thanks to quick rotating, but I don't think their 3twist is that big tbh. From what I heard I thought it was like Tarasova&Morozov but it wasn't.

Tesla

Final Flight
Aw, Marissa and Mervin aren't doing well. I don't think they'll medal.:disapp:

Alba

Record Breaker
Oh Marisa, I don't think it's a good idea to start with a 3twist so early. Better a clean beautiful 2twist rather than the twist I saw.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think S/K should hold off on the quad until 4CC or Worlds. They don't need it to win and if they botch it up it could screw up their whole program.

Last edited:

Scovies

Final Flight
Considering how new of a team they are, that wasn't bad at all. They have the 3S, the SBS spins were perfectly synchronized, and their second throw looked good. We know they can do a 3twist from their SP. I think they'll be real contenders next year.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Not a good skate from Marisa and Marvin. :disapp:

Not the best, certainly, but I think they did a good job holding on. Not everyone can win the national championship on the first try. :)

lmarie086

Medalist
Castelli/Tran has some growing pains to get through, clearly. But I'm still all in on this team. This was a shaky performance on some of the elements, and I don't know if they'll medal. It depends on how the earlier teams did (I'm not aware of the results off hand). Could end up with the pewter medal, that wouldn't surprise me.

Marissa seems like a different skater; she and Mervin are so comfortable together already and it shows. The timing on the elements will only continue to improve.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Group 2 is almost done. Maddie and Max are leading with what looks to be a strong FS (119.29)

:yay: OMG, Maddie and Max have won the pewter medal????

I hope brother Max was able to see their FS. His official practice session was scheduled for almost the exact same time.

Alba

Record Breaker
Not the best, certainly, but I think they did a good job holding on. Not everyone can win the national championship on the first try. :)

I wasn't hoping for them to win, but their first skate together back in August (?) looked smoother. This was so raw....
Oh well, they are new I know but they are much better than this. Anyway, maybe I was expecting too much.

Cleo

On the Ice
Castelli/Tran has some growing pains to get through, clearly. But I'm still all in on this team. This was a shaky performance on some of the elements, and I don't know if they'll medal. It depends on how the earlier teams did (I'm not aware of the results off hand). Could end up with the pewter medal, that wouldn't surprise me.

Marissa seems like a different skater; she and Mervin are so comfortable together already and it shows. The timing on the elements will only continue to improve.

I'm sure they were quite nervous as well. Positive - sbs spins were spot on in unison and position, speed was good and they had some good elements, too. This is a building year for them.

Button's Niece

On the Ice
Thanks for the stream. *&^$ing channel 7 just came back from deflate-gate. (No, the other broadcast channels weren't covering it that long...)