4. Evgenia Kosigina / Nikolai Moroshkin RUS
5. Karina Uzurova / Ilias Ali KAZ
6. Jennifer Urban / Sevan Lerche GER

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The most annoying thing is that skaters are linked to an Universiade's page, not the usual ISU bio... and there, I can't see their best scores or any other useful info :bang:
This prediction will take a lot of time to be done...

Sorry, I only discovered there was a lack of info on the FISU Bios myself when I came to formulate my predictions this morning.

are they doing Dance too? I see their names only under pairs :confused:

That's right enough. The FISU entry lists have them down as competing only in Pairs.

But their ISU Bio says they are Ice Dancers. So, it looks like Yermak / Shumski were not the only ones that FISU put in the wrong category.

So, although I have kept the entry lists as they appear on the FISU website, I have put both of them down in my predictions in both categories, just in case.

CaroLiza_fan

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
are they doing Dance too? I see their names only under pairs :confused:

They originally had listed two Dance Pairs in Dance and Pairs. Now, the have adjusted the entries. I checked it here.
Apparently Chafik Besseghier has withdrawn, because he is no longer listed in Men/Short Program

BTW: BLR Pair was added to Pairs competition.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
THIS IS YOUR TWELVE HOUR AND SIX MINUTE WARNING.

You have just 12 hours 06 minutes left until the target time to get your predictions in, i.e. until 10:00 CET (09:00 GMT)

And for our American friends, that is 04:00 EST.

On a different note, the ISU Entry/ Results Page is now up!!! :cheer:

http://www.isuresults.com/results/wu2015/index.htm

I'll update the original post with the new info (including ISU Bio Links!) in a moment

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

guenever

Rinkside
Ladies

1. Leonova
2. Helgesson
3. Meite
4. Artemieva
5. Oba
6. Weinzierl

Men

1. Kozuka (pleeeease)
2. Liebers
3. Song
4. Gachinski
5. Kvetelashvili
6. Gorshkov

Pairs

1. Yu/Jin
2. James/Cipres
3. Bazarova/Deputat
4. Astakhova/Rogonov
5. Wang/Zhang
6. Paliakhova/Bochkov

Dance

1. Hurtado/Diaz
2. Guignard/Fabbri
3. Testa/Csolley
4. Kosigina/Moroshkin
5. Robledo/Fenero
6. Uzurova/Ali

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
THIS IS YOUR ONE HOUR AND FIFTY-FIVE MINUTE WARNING.

You have just 1 hour 55 minutes left until the target time to get your predictions in, i.e. until 10:00 CET (09:00 GMT)

And for our American friends, that is 04:00 EST.

(I haven't been very good at getting the warnings out on the hour this time, have I? :laugh: )

CaroLiza_fan

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
If Leonova & Kozuka can do well, I will be immensely happy :dance:

Women
1 Alena LEONOVA
2 Mae Berenice MEITE
3 Viktoria HELGESSON
4 Maria ARTEMIEVA
5 Nathalie WEINZIERL
6 Miyabi OBA
7 Laurine LECAVELIER
8 Roberta RODEGHIERO

Men
1 Takahiko KOZUKA
2 Nan SONG
3 Peter LIEBERS
4 Artur GACHINSKI
5 Gordei GORSHKOV
6 Moris KVITELASHVILI
7 Ryuju HINO
8 Ronald LAM

Dance
1 GUIGNARD Charlene / FABBRI Marco
2 HURTADO Sara / DIAZ Adria
3 TESTA Federica / CSOLLEY Lukas
4 KOSIGINA E / MOROSHKIN N
5 UZUROVA Karina / ALI Ilias
6 ROBLEDO Celia / FENERO Luis

Pairs
1 YU Xiaoyu / JIN Yang
2 ASTAKHOVA Kristina / ROGONOV Alexei
3 JAMES Vanessa / CIPRES Morgan
4 BAZAROVA Vera / DEPUTAT Andrei
5 WANG Wenting / ZHANG Yan
6 PALIAKOVA Maria / BOCHKOV Nikita

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Also, you now have half an hour! ;)

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It has now gone 10:00 CET (09:00 GMT), and I am afraid that means the target time for getting your predictions in has now passed.

However, if you still want to enter, I will use my discretion to accept entries for each discipline right up to the start of their Short Programme.

The Men's Short will start in about 55 minutes time at 11:00 CET (10:00 GMT)

CaroLiza_fan

alebi

Medalist
Sorry, I only discovered there was a lack of info on the FISU Bios myself when I came to formulate my predictions this morning.
CaroLiza_fan

No no don't worry, my remark was only addressed to the FISU page! BTW thank you for your extra work, updating the first post with the ISU links :bow:

Now I don't know what to do since the time is over and my 6th choice in Pairs is still listed as UZUROVA Karina / ALI Ilyas.... Honestly I don't think it'll be a great problem but I hope in any case the scorer will consider PALIAKOVA Maria / BOCHKOV Nikita as the right alternative.

I'll leave my dance predictions as they already are.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
No no don't worry, my remark was only addressed to the FISU page! BTW thank you for your extra work, updating the first post with the ISU links :bow:

Now I don't know what to do since the time is over and my 6th choice in Pairs is still listed as UZUROVA Karina / ALI Ilyas.... Honestly I don't think it'll be a great problem but I hope in any case the scorer will consider PALIAKOVA Maria / BOCHKOV Nikita as the right alternative.

I'll leave my dance predictions as they already are.

No, go ahead and change them. The Short Dance is not until Friday, so you have plenty of time to add them in.

As I said to Li'Kitsu in the Europeans thread:

Don't worry about it. Whenever I am running the Predictions Game, I am very flexible with the deadlines. Basically, as long as the competition hasn't started, then you're in. ;) :biggrin:

For me, the 1 hour beforehand thing is more of a target time so that you are not rushing like mad at the last minute. A "hurry up, it's not long till we start" warning.

So, you've plenty of time to adjust your Dance predictions.

(But, since the Men's SP is starting now, it might be a good idea to post the replacement Dance predictions in a new comment, so that there is no ambiguity over whether you edited the other categories!)

CaroLiza_fan

alebi

Medalist
Thank you. Well.... I spent more than 15 minutes thinking again of the right position for Robledo-Fenero, Uzurova-Ali and Urban-Lerche... any couple had something better than the others... best ever scores, best recent scores, best position in last Euro, best position in the most recent event, best coaches... I couldn't decide so at the end I left my predictions as they are (I don't want to have regrets at the end :laugh: ).

For pairs I hope it's "automatic" to switch for the right substitute so I don't feel the need to post a new prediction :)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Thank you. Well.... I spent more than 15 minutes thinking again of the right position for Robledo-Fenero, Uzurova-Ali and Urban-Lerche... any couple had something better than the others... best ever scores, best recent scores, best position in last Euro, best position in the most recent event, best coaches... I couldn't decide so at the end I left my predictions as they are (I don't want to have regrets at the end :laugh: ).

For pairs I hope it's "automatic" to switch for the right substitute so I don't feel the need to post a new prediction :)

It's not the fault of the players (or organisers! ;) ) of the Predictions Game that the body running this championship made a hash of the entry lists. And it would not be fair if the players were penalised for FISU's mistakes.

Consequently, we will treat Uzurova / Ali and Yermak / Shumski as if they were withdrawals from the Pairs competition. So, the skaters below them on the predictions list will be promoted.

So, in other words, they will be treated the same as any predictions for Chafik Besseghier in the Men's competition.

CaroLiza_fan

rosacotton

Final Flight
Men Results

1st Place: YesWay, tulosai, text_skate, Weathergal (50 points)
2nd Place: sunny_stars, invisiblespiral, rosacotton, guenever (45 points)
3rd Place: Lydia1703, SashaJuliaSpins, satine94 (40 points)

Congratulations to the winners of round 2!! :rock:

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
Men Results

1st Place: YesWay, tulosai, text_skate, Weathergal (50 points)
2nd Place: sunny_stars, invisiblespiral, rosacotton, guenever (45 points)
3rd Place: Lydia1703, SashaJuliaSpins, satine94 (40 points)

Congratulations to the winners of round 2!! :rock:

:laugh2: I got my mojo back:rofl: I had no expectations in this one...so this is great! I am going shopping with my "winnings":laugh:

cjmorton29

Rinkside
Pairs Results:

Overall, very well done! It was a small field, which makes it easier, but good job all around!

1st place- perfect 75: sunny_stars, GF2445, YesWay, invisiblespiral, alebi, sequinsgalore, satine94.
2nd place- 65: gallavich, Sandpiper, SashaJuliaSpins, tulosai, text_skate, Weathergal, cjmorton29 :)laugh2:), CaroLiza_fan.
3rd place- 55: Lydia1703, rosacotton, guenever.

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
:cool: Ladies results :cool:
note: both Helgesson + Weinzierl withdrew. Good example of why posting a few alternates can really save your predictions :thumbsup:

Gold: alebi, gallavich, Sandpiper, SashaJuliaSpins, sequinsgalore, & sunny_stars with 60 points!
Silver: GF2445, satine94, tulosai, & Weathergal with 55 points!
Bronze: text_skate & YesWay with 50 points!

Over half the players got the podium completely right :clap:

Congratulations :hb:

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
:cool: Ladies results :cool:
note: both Helgesson + Weinzierl withdrew. Good example of why posting a few alternates can really save your predictions :thumbsup:

Gold: alebi, gallavich, Sandpiper, SashaJuliaSpins, sequinsgalore, & sunny_stars with 60 points!
Silver: GF2445, satine94, tulosai, & Weathergal with 55 points!
Bronze: text_skate & YesWay with 50 points!

Over half the players got the podium completely right

Congratulations :hb:

3 for 3! Bronze, Silver and now Gold in the ladies! :cheer: I feel goooood! [insert the song]