2015 Canadian Nationals Senior Pairs Free Skate, Jan. 24 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2015 Canadian Nationals Senior Pairs Free Skate, Jan. 24

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I just love the new team of I/M and I think M-T/M2 is growing on me more. Looking back, I have been dazzled by every team Moscovitch has been a part of so I guess he's the winning factor for me as a skating fan. Loueva is just darling and does seem like a very good fit for Dylan. Their entrance to the death spiral in the FP sent chills down my spine. I think they definitely have the "it" factor.
d
I even love Duhamel and Radford this year. I've always liked them and thought they had great techical skills but their overall programs felt like point-whoring spectacles. I felt I could tell they were doing elements for the points. I think this year they have finally found music and programs that suit them and make all their hard work appear easy and an organic part of the choreography. A well-deserved win for them this year. :)

And I'm glad that S/D get to go to both JW and SW. Still kind of juniorish but they also have that sparkle that makes them so fun to watch.

I had the privilege of seeing Dylan skate with his sister at Canadian Nationals in 2008 in Vancouver. They generated a lot more buzz than their fourth place finish would indicate. So yes, Dylan is definitely the common factor in three different wonderful pairings.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I had the privilege of seeing Dylan skate with his sister at Canadian Nationals in 2008 in Vancouver. They generated a lot more buzz than their fourth place finish would indicate. So yes, Dylan is definitely the common factor in three different wonderful pairings.

I forgot to say I was there in person. It was a really exciting competition.

peg

Medalist

I remember watching that on TV - the commentators were pretty excited about them too and expected a bright future

blue_idealist

Record Breaker

I saw them in 2006 live, and thought they were great.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Moore-Towers/Moscovitch had stagnated as a partnership. They'd gotten to that second tier in the world, but I'm not sure they could ever have moved any further up the ladder — I'm not sure what they could have changed to get there. With the new pairings — who knows?

Well we will never know, but it certainly appears that Dylan did not want the change and that he was quite surprised by Kirsten's decision. I'm not sure if it's the case that they had 'stagnated'. They hadn't made the World podium yet, but they had beaten D&R at the Olympics and finished close to them at Worlds. Who knows whether either new team will get that high?

It appears to have surprisingly turned out better than expected for Dylan so far, and I agree that Lubov seems like a good partner for him. They have a nice quality together and seem to work well.