2015 US Nationals Senior Men FS Jan 25 | Golden Skate

2015 US Nationals Senior Men FS Jan 25

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The Senior Men's free skate starts at 2 p.m., Eastern Standard Time, on Sunday, Jan. 25

1 Patrick Rupp, Orlando FSC 17 56.29
2 Sebastien Payannet, Rocky Mountain FSC 20 42.26
3 Shotaro Omori, Los Angeles FSC 18 55.60
4 Robert Przepioski, Rochester FSC 19 50.07
--
5 Philip Warren, All Year FSC 15 61.13
6 Jordan Moeller, Northern Ice SC 14 67.81
7 Alexander Johnson, Broadmoor SC 12 68.46
8 Timothy Dolensky, Atlanta FSC 13 68.41
9 Jimmy Ma, SC of New York 16 59.09
--
10 Douglas Razzano, Coyotes SC of Arizona 10 74.01
11 Sean Rabbitt, Glacier Falls FSC 11 71.39
12 Grant Hochstein, SC of New York 9 75.70
13 Nathan Chen, Salt Lake Figure Skating 8 76.20
14 Richard Dornbush, All Year FSC 7 79.24
--
15 Max Aaron, Broadmoor SC 4 85.78
16 Adam Rippon, SC of New York 5 84.71
17 Ross Miner, SC of Boston 6 82.25
18 Jason Brown, Skokie Valley SC 1 93.36
19 Jeremy Abbott, Detroit SC 3 89.93
20 Joshua Farris, Broadmoor SC 2 90.40

Live results: http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2015/2015_us_fs_champs/CAT002SEG018.html

Our top three in the SP finish off the FS. This should be interesting!

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Is Adam planning another quad lutz in the FS? Whatever he does...I hope he gives them no choice but to put him on the podium. :cheer:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I hope Josh doesn't get spooked skating last. Next to last would have been better I think.

He skated last in 2013 and apart from falling off the quad, he was flawless.

cptnhastings

On the Ice
Here's hoping everyone does well tomorrow, but especially Josh. I just love that Schindler's List program. :)

TMC

Record Breaker
I have a feeling that Jason is going to do really well and go into the lead with another monster score; then Jeremy will do very well too but pop some jumps and end up 2nd on tech but overall thisclose to Jason; finally Josh will come out last and have his Riverdance moment, winning by something like 5 points, 2 points total.

What I would like to see is Adam throwing quads and Axels left and right, blowing the roof off early on and keeping his huge lead all the way :)

leolion11

On the Ice
Hope everyone does well tomorrow! Rooting for Adam to do well in the FS and miraculously podium. I hope I don't jinx him :(

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I think that this may happen:

Max comes out and lays down his high-tech program, but gets a little damaged on PCS, as always. It's good enough to lead. Then Jason comes out, and skates his T&I beautifully and clean, and goes into the lead. Then Jeremy comes out, and unfortunately the emotions get to him a little, and he pops some jumps, and falls behind Max. Then Josh comes out, and the entire arena is swept away into a land of tears and emotion as Josh shows everything that we've always believed him to be.

And then there are lots of hugs, and quite a bit of giggling, and the press-conference is cavity-inducing sweet, and they all give Jeremy big hugs on the podium, and they stand there together, the same podium as last year except now reshuffled, and they can't help but grin. And the Worlds team will be named, and of course it's Josh and Jason and Max, but Jeremy has a 4CCs medal with his name on it coming right up. And then the gala, and the crowd loves them all, and this year Max gets a crowd that's not rude, and Josh does another emo number just because he can, and we all cringe and try to forget that Jason has somehow decided that Cotton-Eyed Joe is a good idea, and Jeremy makes us all cry with a beautiful heartfelt tribute to his father.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
I'm not familiar with Josh's programs, but I can watch his descending Y-spin (or whatever that is called... cross-grab Y-spin?) ALL DAY! Love his uncluttered choreography and love that he takes his time finishing each move. His skating just gives me this cozy comfortable relaxed feeling, it's almost like a private exhibition. :)

I'm sure I won't feel this way once I start getting too invested, and will end up tense and nervous as he's entering his jumps haha.

TMC

Record Breaker

Max comes out and lays down his high-tech program, but gets a little damaged on PCS, as always. It's good enough to lead. Then Jason comes out, and skates his T&I beautifully and clean, and goes into the lead. Then Jeremy comes out, and unfortunately the emotions get to him a little, and he pops some jumps, and falls behind Max. Then Josh comes out, and the entire arena is swept away into a land of tears and emotion as Josh shows everything that we've always believed him to be.

And then there are lots of hugs, and quite a bit of giggling, and the press-conference is cavity-inducing sweet, and they all give Jeremy big hugs on the podium, and they stand there together, the same podium as last year except now reshuffled, and they can't help but grin. And the Worlds team will be named, and of course it's Josh and Jason and Max, but Jeremy has a 4CCs medal with his name on it coming right up. And then the gala, and the crowd loves them all, and this year Max gets a crowd that's not rude, and Josh does another emo number just because he can, and we all cringe and try to forget that Jason has somehow decided that Cotton-Eyed Joe is a good idea, and Jeremy makes us all cry with a beautiful heartfelt tribute to his father.

:laugh2:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Any info is Rippon going for quad lutz again ? He was so close in SP, great height, shame it didn't fully worked out

staccato

Rinkside
I have a feeling that Jason is going to do really well and go into the lead with another monster score; then Jeremy will do very well too but pop some jumps and end up 2nd on tech but overall thisclose to Jason; finally Josh will come out last and have his Riverdance moment, winning by something like 5 points, 2 points total.

What I would like to see is Adam throwing quads and Axels left and right, blowing the roof off early on and keeping his huge lead all the way :)

I really think these are wonderful scenarios, with the exception that I hope Jeremy will be fueled by his emotions and throw down a heart-wrencher of a skate (and in a good way, meaning no pops or falls -- maybe a few bobbles/stumbles). Then, the judges get so overwhelmed by the excellent quality of skating that they decide to give everyone platinum medals. And maybe a FS score that breaks 200. :biggrin:

Seriously, it's been a couple of great nights for the ladies, so I hope the men will come stomping in and finish off what has been a wonderful Championships so far!

ranjake

Final Flight
Trying to calm my nerves and prepare myself a little; as a relatively new Josh superfan, what kind of FP skater is he usually? Pretty calm or.....? Just want to say that I disagree with Tara 1000%- don't know when I've seen a program as beautifully full as Josh's SP.

r1kubu

Rinkside
Ricky has great potential to battle with the very best skaters of the world
I hope he shows great performance tonight