Record Breaker
Country
United-States
?? But...

2015 Four Continents Championships
Haven Denney and Brandon Frazier
Tarah Kayne and Daniel O'Shea
Alexa Scimeca and Chris Knierim

I'm not clear about your intent. The pairs roster is what I would expect it to be.

creaturelover

On the Ice
The fact that H/D were passed over for the 4CC Team should be setting off alarm bells in their minds.

The only clearer signal they could get that they need to raise their game would be if USFSA told them on the Jumbotron.

I'm confused about the bolded text since they are on the roster? Maybe I'm just misunderstanding?

EDIT - Never mind, I need to go back to sleep ahahahah

Last edited:

lmarie086

Medalist
I was also surprised/happy to see this though I feel a little bad for H/D if they wanted to go. They also need more opportunities in front of international judges still, I feel. Oh well. The heartbreak of having many great teams :p

My thoughts as well. Hubbell/Donohue are still on their comeback trail from injury, looking to make sure the judges don't count them out. This would be another good trip to solidify their routines before Worlds. I like Hawayek/Baker very much, but I think Hubbell/Donohue should be going.

Skategmt

On the Ice
I think that H/B deserved bronze, C/M 4th, and H/D for 5th. I like H/D, buy they try to hard to be different that it's alittle over board (IMO). They, in a way, remind me of Gazsi and Zhingashina, ice dancers from Germany who always try to push the creative envelope.

juliajk

Rinkside
I'm pissed of about the decision to send H/B to the 4CC. The bronze for Hubbell and Donohue was well earned and deserved, and they really need another chance to prove themselves in major competitions, especially after a ruff season with the injury. I have nothing against H/B, but I just find this decision too disappointing and alarming. H/D are probably the most interesting and ceative ice dance couple in US, and they are just to talented to be dropped out.

Last edited:

gottadance

On the Ice
I thought Mariah Bell was wonderful - she embodies what skating should be - full of joy and musicality . Can anybody here enlighten me as to why she seems to have been very much passed over by the Gods of skating ( USFSA)?? I am surely missing something?

Barb

Record Breaker
I'm pissed of about the decision to send H/B to the 4CC. The bronze for Hubbell and Donohue was well earned and deserved, and they really need another chance to prove themselves in major competitions, especially after a ruff season with the injury. I have nothing against H/B, but I just find this decision too disappointing and alarming. H/D are probably the most interesting and ceative ice dance couple in US, and they are just to talented to be dropped out.
Agree. H/D won their place.

aviva_dawn

On the Ice
^ I'm wondering the same thing. I noticed Mariah as a junior and loved her musicality and skating at that time. She's only improved since then.

slider11

Medalist
I am a big Hawayek and Baker fan but I agree that putting them in the 4CC in place of Hubbell and Donahue is curious. Perhaps Hubbell and Donahue asked to pass to prepare for Worlds? Or it's a clear message that you're on the way out and time to make room for the yungins. I also don't get Tyler Pierce going to Junior Worlds over Brandie Tennell who won the Nationals Juniors. Perhaps Tyler's score was higher but Brandie won the National competition and I think has a right to the spot. Karen Chen makes sense going to Juniors since she was the bronze medalist in seniors and is unable to go to senior worlds because of her age. That's a logical exception. There is definitely some politicking going on in these selection rooms.

Alchamei

Record Breaker

But I think it would be such a pity to not send as good and polished team as H/B. Their season was good as well and it would be bad for them to already end it. I agree with the decision. After all, I don't like the fact that many times the best skaters skip 4CC and send a B team, but H/D are only the third US team and wouldn't have a big chance to medal. H/B will replace them well.

Last edited:

slider11

Medalist
I wonder why they don't let the 4CC countries a little more leeway in sending maybe one more team to 4CC in ice dance. There aren't many Asian nations that have dance teams that meet the Worlds minimum. Maybe the US and Canada deserve to have an extra team since they have several strong ones. Same for some of the Asian countries with singles and pairs. Maybe like "wild card" in football. It makes for a bigger competition but some of these skaters deserve to have an additional competition.

juliajk

Rinkside
H/B have even smaller chances to medal, so it doesn't matter. For last few years, exept the olympic years, USFSA sent their A team in ice dance to 4CC, this year they not doing that, and I don't think its right. H/D have a not so bad season as well, despite the late start of the season, and they do need that extra competition before Worlds, probably more than others, and I'm incredibly disappointed that they not getting it. I like H/B a lot, they are a great team,but I think H/D should be going to 4CC, they don't need to be replaced.

alexikeguchi

Rinkside
Did Mariah not want to go back to juniors? Otherwise, I can't imagine why she wouldn't even be named as an alternate.

amc987

On the Ice
So we think Brown, Rippon, and Farris will be the team for 4CC and Worlds? Lawd, someone at US Figure Skating might have a heart attack hoping for all those less-than-consistent performers to skate well enough to retain 3 spots for Boston. They're the deserving medalists, though.

rosacotton

Final Flight
So we think Brown, Rippon, and Farris will be the team for 4CC and Worlds? Lawd, someone at US Figure Skating might have a heart attack hoping for all those less-than-consistent performers to skate well enough to retain 3 spots for Boston. They're the deserving medalists, though.

Whom would you have go if not the top three finishers? Jeremy has a history of hit-or-miss, and Max didn't score very well during the grand prix. Right now I'm not sure if any of the US men are really consistent...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Worlds will be Adam, Jason and Joshua. Yay, Jason and Joshua get to keep their promise of going to Worlds the first time together.

4CCs? Now that's harder. I hope Max gets to go and can't envisage a scenario where he wouldn't, but that means one of the top three doesn't go, and that's just awkward.