2015 Europeans Pairs Short Program Jan 30 | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2015 Europeans Pairs Short Program Jan 30

Meoima

Match Penalty
V/T is a more like powerful pairs, I don't think K/S's program will suit them though. They're not the type to skate classic program like that.
K/S is inconsistent but they do have lyrical quality. While V/T has the power, they don't strike to me as the lyrical pair.

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I think Tatiana would be magnificent skating to Manfred. But while Maxim Trankov is a great skater, I'm not sure if he'll be able to capture the character as well as Alexander Smirnov (I'm sure he'll do a good job, but it fit Alexander too well).

Alba

Record Breaker
V/T is a more like powerful pairs, I don't think K/S's program will suit them though. They're not the type to skate classic program like that.
K/S is inconsistent but they do have lyrical quality. While V/T has the power, they don't strike to me as the lyrical pair.

Are you kidding me? Manfred is soft and lyrical? :unsure: A music classic lover like you should know better Meoima. :biggrin: Maybe you are confusing K&S SP with Manfred. :p This program is PERFECT for someone like V&T.

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Are you kidding me? Manfred is soft and lyrical? :unsure: A music classic lover like you should know better Meoima. :biggrin: Maybe you are confusing K&S SP with Manfred. :p This program is PERFECT for someone like V&T.
Everything Tchaikovsky is lyrical lol (IMO).
I think V/T might be suitable to something like Wagner!!! That's how I see them as pair. Powerful and epic!

Alchamei

Record Breaker
I agree on your thoughts about V/T. Powerful skating suits them and actually, they used a classical music in their FS. It was Swan Lake, but to be honest, it wasn't arranged as a classical and soft program. It was rather original, fast and powerful.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
It's not Morozov the choreographer, it's Alla. The one they had before. They worked with Morozov but he did do the choreo.

Alla's working with Morozov, I believe. And they said in the interview that Morozov did the choreography for the programs they have this season. Alla choreographed their last season's SP and Alexander Stepin - FS. Stepin also choreographed all their previous programs when they were coached by Velikova.

I think V/T might be suitable to something like Wagner!!! That's how I see them as pair. Powerful and epic!

Tchaikovsky was partially romantic composer and some of his music pieces are powerful and epic. Manfred or Francesca would be a great choice. Maybe Francesca even more.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
It was Swan Lake, but to be honest, it wasn't arranged as a classical and soft program. It was rather original, fast and powerful.

It wasn't Swan Lake but Black Swan, Clint Mansell's soundtrack inspired by Swan Lake. Still, not a classical piece.
They had a classical program. Khachaturian is a classical composer, isn't he? :biggrin: Also, Romeo and Juliet by Prokofiev is definitely classical piece.

Are you kidding me? Manfred is soft and lyrical? A music classic lover like you should know better Meoima. Maybe you are confusing K&S SP with Manfred. This program is PERFECT for someone like V&T.

:yes: It is. :yes:

Meoima

Match Penalty
It wasn't Swan Lake but Black Swan, Clint Mansell's soundtrack inspired by Swan Lake. Still, not a classical piece.
They had a classical program. Khachaturian is a classical composer, isn't he? :biggrin: Also, Romeo and Juliet by Prokofiev is definitely classical piece.
their Khachaturian is a masterpiece.
Tchaikovsky was partially romantic composer and some of his music pieces are powerful and epic. Manfred or Francesca would be a great choice. Maybe Francesca even more.
i never see Tchaikovsky is powerful and epic, though. :biggrin: just my opinion.

Last edited:

Alchamei

Record Breaker

Oops, my mistake, Black swan, Swan lake, it's very similar. Yes, I didn't write about their SP last year but I mainly wanted to mention Black Swan, because it is partly classical but they made a modern program to it.