Russian Junior Nationals, 4-7 Feb 2015, Joshkar-Ola | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Russian Junior Nationals, 4-7 Feb 2015, Joshkar-Ola

Meoima

Match Penalty
Tsurskaya is obviously talented, but the front half of her program is distractingly empty. I understand the need to maximize scoring potential, but it really isn't pleasing to watch.
and she still skates very slowwwww....

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Dmitry managed to climb up from 11th to 3rd place...that's commendable, but I suppose they might end up sending Adian over him to Junior Worlds anyway. And the adorable 12-year-olds Petr and Ilia did a very respectable job as well! I see another rivalry brewing in a few years...

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Nugumanova has won my heart! I loove this girl and this SP! Oh, so sad she is not eligible for next year's JGP...

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
I am crushed because she's not even eligible for the next Olympic. :cry:

On the other side it's good, because there are many ladies who really wants to compete at 2018 olympics - Radionova, Medvedeva, Pogorilaya, Sotskova, Sakhanovich, Proklova of course Tuktamysheva and we still can't forget Lipnitskaia and Sotnikova. I know it is still 2015 but I already feel sad for those who won't go there. After 2018 there will be new generation I think. Hopefully with Nugumanova and Gubanova.

MalAssada

Medalist
Where did my post go? :scratch: Let me know if it was considered against the guidelines.

EDIT: Right, I posted it in the wrong thread :slink:

Here it is:

It pains me to see Sima not have a clean SP since before JGPF. I absolutely adore her, but her SP leaves me cold and this layout didn't work with the music. The elements she enters do not match the variations of the song... I like the fact that it is more balanced, yet cold program vs cold program, at least get the one that awards more points... I know it sounds weird coming from me, who complained about all jumps in second half. I just like her FP much more.

She was interviewed recently and mentioned being upset about losing (Junior Worlds, I think). I watch her programs and think of the first JGP and just :bang: because she has not reached her full potential.

Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
It pains me to see Sima not have a clean SP since before JGPF. I absolutely adore her, but her SP leaves me cold and this layout didn't work with the music. The elements she enters do not match the variations of the song... I like the fact that it is more balanced, yet cold program vs cold program, at least get the one that awards more points... I know it sounds weird coming from me, who complained about all jumps in second half. I just like her FP much more.

She actually had a clean SP in JGP Slovenia. I think that's where she posted her highest SP score this season.
ps. I also agree with your thoughts on Sima's SP. It also screams points! points! points!

MalAssada

Medalist
Yep, in Slovenia and one in a Cup of Russia :) From JGPF on, though, they weren't clean.

Sophie-Anna

Medalist

I agree. In her SP I don't see much connection with her music. I remember Sima said in summer she liked that music when she saw Sasha Cohen's SP on the same music. I remember that Sasha's program well and it was really great. I know that was 6.0 era, but Eteri could work with this music more. But Sima has pretty good FP this season, at least I like it.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Yep, in Slovenia and one in a Cup of Russia :) From JGPF on, though, they weren't clean.

woops I guess I didn't read your comment clearly... :eek::

let's just hope that she can get through whatever is blocking her from doing a clean program before JW then

MalAssada

Medalist
Agreed! She's still my favourite junior girl and I would love to see her become World Junior Champion :)

Country
Russia
Dmitry managed to climb up from 11th to 3rd place...that's commendable, but I suppose they might end up sending Adian over him to Junior Worlds anyway. And the adorable 12-year-olds Petr and Ilia did a very respectable job as well! I see another rivalry brewing in a few years...
Adian will be at JrWorlds.
He won all the other pretenders at SrNats (Adian was 3rd, Petrov, Aliev, Samarin were 9th to 11th) and has "bye" from JrNats to JrWorlds because JrNats is very close to Euro.

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
And how we can now that they will send Adian to Junior Worlds? Because he was competing just for seniors this season. I doubt they will send him to senior Worlds but what if he will stay home without any Jr. or Sr.Worlds?

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
And how we can now that they will send Adian to Junior Worlds? Because he was competing just for seniors this season. I doubt they will send him to senior Worlds but what if he will stay home without any Jr. or Sr.Worlds?

He said he wants to go to JW and they most likely send him as he was 3rd at Senior Nationals

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
What an amazing showing from the girls. :clap:

Nugumanova: Simply incredible. She doesn't yet have the speed or strength of the older girls, but she makes up for it with musicality and the pure joy she radiates. The way she dances on those steps... they're not transitions for the sake of transitions--they actually function with the music.

Gubanova: Also an incredible talent, though I wish she'd opted for a different program. At times, it does seem like a little girl playing dress-up (at this stage, I think she should simply be young). Fabulous spins.

Sakhanovich: A pretty solid effort, but with how competitive things are, one mistake and you're out... :no: I wonder if this might be the wrong program for her? Some of the expressions look rehearsed.

Medvedeva: She's such a lovely skater... but I will never be able to get behind this layout. Maybe she should choose music that really, really builds toward the end, so that all jumps in the second half will work.

adelia

Record Breaker
Well, Samarin earned his place at JWs. And while I much prefer Aliev's skating to his, I think it would be an even bigger injustice if he was the one who was replaced by Adyan.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Oh my, does this mean Loboda/Drozd are out of JW team? I hope not, cause they are silver medalists of JGPF and are better than E/B ... and I have a soft spt for them..