2015 Europeans Men's Free Skate, Jan. 30 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 Europeans Men's Free Skate, Jan. 30

Ava Moore

On the Ice
Kovtun will finish on the podium if he doesn't fall.

I'm rooting for Samohin. Very entertaining personality.

Depends on whether Menshov decides to break out the voodoo doll or not. :laugh:

I really, really like Javi, Sergei and Michal, you see. :yes: I think Michal's really sick of potatoes, so getting on the podium would be good for him, and I'd love for Sergei to have a repeat podium appearance because I have a soft spot for "old men" like him. ;)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Depends on whether Menshov decides to break out the voodoo doll or not. :laugh:

I really, really like Javi, Sergei and Michal, you see. :yes: I think Michal's really sick of potatoes, so getting on the podium would be good for him, and I'd love for Sergei to have a repeat podium appearance because I have a soft spot for "old men" like him. ;)

I prefer the term "silver foxes" myself. ;)

Ava Moore

On the Ice
Hey, I like that term! Silver foxes…sounds great! :biggrin: Wonder if your "Russian silver foxes" are all males, or also extend to females? ;)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Although the term is generally used for men, Yuko and Alena can be silver foxes in my book, too!

ArtistryOnIce

Rinkside
French Eurosport said that Chafik Besseghier has withdrawn, he has hurt his knee and is supposed to do the Universiade next week.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
But Kostya, Zhenya and Sergei are cute! :rofl:

:agree:

:no: I wonder if it was from the SP..Hope he gets better soon

He posted a photo of his knee and a message on his Facebook page.

Je suis malheureusement contraint de faire forfait pour le programme long des ch'Europe après une mauvaise chute sur le genou hier, nous avons essayer ce matin avec les médecins de soulager la douleur mais ça ne suffira pas , je vous tiendrai aux courant de mon retour sur glace merci à tous pour vos encouragement et soutiens durant la compet chaf !

"Unfortunately, I am forced to forfeit the long program ch'Europe after a bad fall on the knee yesterday we try this morning with doctors to relieve pain but it will not, I will keep you informed of my return to ice thank you all for your encouragement and support during the chaf compet!"

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
:agree:

He posted a photo of his knee and a message on his Facebook page.

Je suis malheureusement contraint de faire forfait pour le programme long des ch'Europe après une mauvaise chute sur le genou hier, nous avons essayer ce matin avec les médecins de soulager la douleur mais ça ne suffira pas , je vous tiendrai aux courant de mon retour sur glace merci à tous pour vos encouragement et soutiens durant la compet chaf !

"Unfortunately, I am forced to forfeit the long program ch'Europe after a bad fall on the knee yesterday we try this morning with doctors to relieve pain but it will not, I will keep you informed of my return to ice thank you all for your encouragement and support during the chaf compet!"

So it was during practice. Thank you for the translation!

LRK

Record Breaker
Aw, is anyone out there a fan of Kovtun? It's okay to say you like him. Really.

Yes, I'm starting to really feel for him too! I'm so glad you put in a word for him. If he had had programs I liked better, I might have started to cheer for him because I felt sorry for him. Maybe next year?:)

In my case, I want the podium to stay the same because I like the three on there better, and I'd like all three of them to skate really, really well!:)

LRK

Record Breaker
Although the term is generally used for men, Yuko and Alena can be silver foxes in my book, too!

Silver vixens? :)

Also, thanks for the news about Chafik - really sorry to hear that, but, at least that explained his awful skate.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just a wee reminder that the European Championships will continue in about 20 minutes with the Men's Free.

I'm going to do like yesterday and watch the official TV4 streaming link with Hola. (And have the Sportbox link open in another window as backup for whenever ads come on!)

For those that won't be watching this way, day.to has 2 links for the skating.

Here are the links:

Russian livestream 1 (currently showing Ice Hockey)

Russian livestream 2 (currently showing Ice Hockey)

Unfortunately, Eurosport's coverage does not start until 20:00 CET (19:00 GMT).

Here are some links for when it does:

Eurosport 2 International livestream

British Eurosport 2 livestream

However, at the same time, ESP1 will be showing LIVE ski jumping from Willingen. As I would only be seeing 3 skaters before tea time anyway, and it is easier to watch ski jumping over a family meal than it is to watch figure skating, I'll not bother joining the Men's FS until the ESP2 coverage starts. Plus, I still have to finish the Pairs SP.

Hopefully the videos of the early groups of the Men will appear before the morning...

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

paulusfr

On the Ice
Good luck to Adian. He is not ready to compete because of diseases, but nevertheless he can show good skating.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just a wee reminder that the European Championships will continue in about 20 minutes with the Men's Free.

I'm going to do like yesterday and watch the official TV4 streaming link with Hola. (And have the Sportbox link open in another window as backup for whenever ads come on!)

For those that won't be watching this way, day.to has 2 links for the skating.

Here are the links:

Russian livestream 1 (currently showing Ice Hockey)

Russian livestream 2 (currently showing Ice Hockey)

Unfortunately, Eurosport's coverage does not start until 20:00 CET (19:00 GMT).

Here are some links for when it does:

Eurosport 2 International livestream

British Eurosport 2 livestream

However, at the same time, ESP1 will be showing LIVE ski jumping from Willingen. As I would only be seeing 3 skaters before tea time anyway, and it is easier to watch ski jumping over a family meal than it is to watch figure skating, I'll not bother joining the Men's FS until the ESP2 coverage starts. Plus, I still have to finish the Pairs SP.

Hopefully the videos of the early groups of the Men will appear before the morning...

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Thanks for the links! And thanks to my family for FINALLY fixing our wifi, I can FINALLY watch livestreaming on my laptop with minimum buffering! :yay: