2015 Europeans Pairs Free Skate Feb 1 | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2015 Europeans Pairs Free Skate Feb 1

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
They received 6.5 points for their 3STh at GPF. The judges love it. They were 6.56 points behind first overall. Their PCS would have been higher without that awful end to the program, too. No question they would have won if they had done it.

Not to mention the -1.00 point deduction for the fall. It's obvious, it cost them the victory. Ksenia could have been a bit classier about it (especially when she herself messed up), but oh well.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
That's the thing though - in pairs a sequence should actually be getting a bonus (or at least not a 20% deduction) considering the added difficulty to keep the sequence in unison.
I'd have it 3T-3T > 3T-3T+SEQ > 3T-2T-2T. (A sequence can't be harder than an outright 3-3, right? Since you can rebalance if the landing of the first jump is bad.)

bramweld

Record Breaker
Stolbova should have been more professional. Not good.

First, Stolbova has always been like this, so I don't really get the surprise. Second the pressure Russian figure skaters endure is phenomenal, how they do so well is a mystery in itself.

viennaskater

Medalist
First, Stolbova has always been like this, so I don't really get the surprise. Second the pressure Russian figure skaters endure is phenomenal, how they do so well is a mystery in itself.

Well I didn't know she has always been like this, so I WAS unpleasantly surprised. And ALL figure skaters endure pressure. How can it only be Russians??

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I'd have it 3T-3T > 3T-3T+SEQ > 3T-2T-2T. (A sequence can't be harder than an outright 3-3, right? Since you can rebalance if the landing of the first jump is bad.)

Agreed but in pairs a sequence IMO should be worth slightly more than in singles give the need to maintain unison.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was afraid there was going to be another "death stare" moment from Stolbova after that unfortunate toe pick fall for her partner Klimov. I really felt bad for him.

Very happy for Kavaguti/Smirnov and the 3rd Russian team (looking very promising). So impressed with Valentina's pairs' partnership!

Last edited: