2015 U.S. Nationals Gala | Golden Skate

2015 U.S. Nationals Gala

ice coverage

Record Breaker
It's on right now on NBC. Anyone watching?

I am. :)

Josh's exhibition skate is the same music as his SP?

He just took a hard fall.

Same music :) ... swoon ... such a lovely program. :)

Easy to forgive Josh's falls in the ex. Last Sunday must have been a complete whirlwind: the excitement/effort/emotion/drama of going for the gold; winning the bronze :bow:; the medal ceremony and presser ... then rehearsal for the gala and then the gala itself. Whew!

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Aw that Super Bowl segment was cute!

Interesting that Chris is rooting for the Seahawks. Not surprised about Josh since he's from there.

Who did Jason say he was rooting for (i.e. the team not in the Super Bowl?) I thought he said the Broncos...but he said it so fast I couldn't hear!

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Interesting that Chris is rooting for the Seahawks.

Who did Jason say he was rooting for (i.e. the team not in the Super Bowl?) I thought he said the Broncos...but he said it so fast I couldn't hear!

Da Bears, of course. ;) :laugh:

amusedstranger

Rinkside

Interesting that Chris is rooting for the Seahawks. Not surprised about Josh since he's from there.

Since the Bears and Broncos aren't in it, a good game and no overtime! :laugh2:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I guess we're not going to see Max's ex. (But I totally understand why Jeremy's was shown.)

Stupid question:

At the end of the gala, does one skater say something to the crowd on behalf of all of them? Or does everyone get a chance to speak?

I ask because someone had tweeted a gala photo that seems to show Max holding a microphone:

Wow, such a fast turnaround :bow:. Thx, sabinfire. :)

icebeauty

On the Ice
oh gosh, that skate by Adam was exquiste. just BEAUTIFUL and pure artistry...and look, a 3A in the gala! (he's really skating with no fear now, and i hope that continues)

sabinfire, thanks for sharing videos this week, I hope you can get all the gala videos up too :)