2015 U.S. Nationals Gala | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 U.S. Nationals Gala

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Thx, sabinfire. :)

I apologize for being that person lobbying for a particular vid, but I would love to see the Shibutanis' ex immortalized. It was gorgeous.

But if not of interest to you, then please forget that I said anything. You already are so generous with your time and efforts. Thanks again for your countless offerings.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Totally shallow, but I really like Ashley's gala dress. Ariana Grande probably could learn a thing from her about wearing classy outfits that are still sensual.

LOL.

Johnny's outfit OTOH. :unsure:

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I apologize for being that person lobbying for a particular vid, but I would love to see the Shibutanis' ex immortalized. It was gorgeous.

Definitely of interest. I just thought I might have seen it posted here somewhere before, but I'm probably thinking of having seen this particular Gala from the Shibs at a previous event, pre-Nationals. Will be next.

(removed link due to infinite geo-blocking)

Google Drive version for Jason Brown's gala (1080p HD, downloadable)

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
There are definite versions of the Gala out there but probably not in HD...

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Bah, Cotton-Eye-Joe is a serious track, blocked in like 100 countries on YouTube.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker

Seriously, look at this:

Afghanistan, American Samoa, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Brunei, Cambodia, China, East Timor, Egypt, Fiji, Georgia, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Macao, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia - Federated States of, Moldova, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United States, United States Minor Outlying Islands, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, West Bank, Yemen

Afghanistan??? West Bank??? :eek:

Jason Brown is up on Google Drive now, downloadable.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Definitely of interest. I just thought I might have seen it posted here somewhere before, but I'm probably thinking of having seen this particular Gala from the Shibs at a previous event, pre-Nationals. Will be next. ...

Thank you so much :) for Jason ... and no rush (obviously) re the Shibs, if someone else takes precedence for you.

Can't thank you enough.

Totally shallow, but I really like Ashley's gala dress. Ariana Grande probably could learn a thing from her about wearing classy outfits that are still sensual.

LOL.

Johnny's outfit OTOH. :unsure:

And I rather liked Karen Chen's super-sparkly dress.

(Although Johnny's look was like a caricature of himself, the good news :) is that no air time was wasted discussing what W/L were wearing.)

On another topic, I thought NBC dropped the ball by not mentioning (in just a general way) that NBC will be covering Worlds with two telecasts. And they said not a word about Four Continents, which NBC also is covering and which is the next big event for Team USA.

Fine that they voiced and showed plugs for NBC's Euros coverage, but it should have been a no-brainer to give a softer sell that NBC viewers will be able to see the Nats medalists compete again at two big upcoming international competitions.

Last edited:
My favorite was Scimeca and DuPage. It was so beautiful (to me). :)

One problem with lyrics is that when the commentators talk over the performance you can't hear the music or the commentary. Commentators should be aware of that.

sabinefire said:
Afghanistan??? West Bank??? :eek:

And if you live in United States Minor Outlying Islands, don't even think about it! :laugh:

flutzy13

On the Ice
Stupid question:

At the end of the gala, does one skater say something to the crowd on behalf of all of them? Or does everyone get a chance to speak?

I ask because someone had tweeted a gala photo that seems to show Max holding a microphone:

:)

Max introduced his little sister Maddie and her partner max. It was cute. Ashley introduced Adam. A few other skaters might have been interviewed briefly by the arena MC Rusty. No one really spoke for all the skaters.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Max introduced his little sister Maddie and her partner max. It was cute. Ashley introduced Adam. A few other skaters might have been interviewed briefly by the arena MC Rusty. No one really spoke for all the skaters.

Ohhhh, thanks so much for explaining, flutzy.
Sounds very cute. And very cool :cool: for the Aaron family to have that memorable moment (along with the Settlage family). :)

LOL that I didn't recognize Maddie and Max S. from behind in the blurry Instagram. So accustomed to seeing her hair in a bun instead of a ponytail.

I yanked Jason gala from YouTube, since only 10 people in the world can see it.

Evidently, Coldplay is not blocked anywhere...

2015 U.S. Nationals - Shibutani's Gala (1080p HD)

Many thx for the Shibs, sabinfire. Amazing video quality.

And thx for the new link to Jason. (I have removed the old link from my post above that was a reply to one of yours.)

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I forgot about this. Did they air Andrew Torgashev's ex by any chance? I would love to see it!

jimeonji

Final Flight
I forgot about this. Did they air Andrew Torgashev's ex by any chance? I would love to see it!

no, sadly - they only aired the top 3 and Jeremy. I have heard that IN is putting up the entire gala on Tuesday, though.

Cleo

On the Ice
No pewter medalists on the Gala broadcast. Would have liked to have seen all of them plus the junior & novice winners. :eek:hwell:

sabinfire or anyone else: is there a video of Alexander Johnson's FS? I'd love to see it as I heard he skated pretty darned well. :biggrin:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Bah, Cotton-Eye-Joe is a serious track, blocked in like 100 countries on YouTube.

Cotton Eyed-Joe ended up banned (or rumored to be and never played again) at school dances at my high school. They played it once, hicks cleared the floor swing dancing, DJ kept playing country. . . jocks got pissy, fight broke out, no more Cotton Eyed-Joe.

knghcm

On the Ice
I keep having a stupid grin throughout Jason's ex program. This is why this kid will be the future of figure skating; he's so versatile and his skating can match any kind of music. As much as I appreciate their style of skating and am glad to see the diversity in the US men's field, Josh and Adam's ex had the same melancholic music and although they performed that "internal" style masterfully, I couldn't imagine them performing the programs that Jason has.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I keep having a stupid grin throughout Jason's ex program. This is why this kid will be the future of figure skating; he's so versatile and his skating can match any kind of music. As much as I appreciate their style of skating and am glad to see the diversity in the US men's field, Josh and Adam's ex had the same melancholic music and although they performed that "internal" style masterfully, I couldn't imagine them performing the programs that Jason has.

I absolutely despise that song (so I'm sort of happy to hear it's banned in like 100 countries, LOL). But I give credit to Jason for doing that program well. My husband noted that he likes that he doesn't let up on the energy and the performance from start to finish.

The crowd was eating it up. The applause was so loud!