2015 U.S. Nationals Gala | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 U.S. Nationals Gala

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I absolutely despise that song (so I'm sort of happy to hear it's banned in like 100 countries, LOL). But I give credit to Jason for doing that program well. My husband noted that he likes that he doesn't let up on the energy and the performance from start to finish.

The crowd was eating it up. The applause was so loud!

Actually watched the gala, and kept the sound on during Cotton Eyed Joe.:slink: I have to admit that the crowd loved it. Maybe Kori and Rohene do know a little more than I do?:scratch::laugh2:

Scovies

Final Flight
I yanked Jason gala from YouTube, since only 10 people in the world can see it.

Evidently, Coldplay is not blocked anywhere...

2015 U.S. Nationals - Shibutani's Gala (1080p HD)

Does anyone know who choreographed this? Slow, lyrical programs can be hit-or-miss with me, but good lord, this is breathtaking. The Shibs really need to hire this person for next year's programs (or, if it was Zoueva, demand she give them something of this quality for their competitive programs!)

Seriously, wow. Thanks for much for uploading it, sabinfire.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Does anyone know who choreographed this? Slow, lyrical programs can be hit-or-miss with me, but good lord, this is breathtaking. The Shibs really need to hire this person for next year's programs (or, if it was Zoueva, demand she give them something of this quality for their competitive programs!)

Seriously, wow. Thanks for much for uploading it, sabinfire.

Peter Tchernyshev choreographed the Shibutanis' ex.

Forgot to say earlier that in addition to the program as a whole, I loved Maia's costume -- gorgeous.

Thx again to sabinfire for the video.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Definitely of interest. I just thought I might have seen it posted here somewhere before, but I'm probably thinking of having seen this particular Gala from the Shibs at a previous event, pre-Nationals. Will be next.

(removed link due to infinite geo-blocking)

Google Drive version for Jason Brown's gala (1080p HD, downloadable)

I'm still a bit not sure if I like this program, but my gosh, is it just me, or does he just float effortlessly into that huge Russian split at the start? :shocked:

:love: :love: :love:

But oof, that fall onto his hip off the 3F...:no: careful, Josh!

knghcm

On the Ice
I'm still a bit not sure if I like this program, but my gosh, is it just me, or does he just float effortlessly into that huge Russian split at the start? :shocked:

:love: :love: :love:

But oof, that fall onto his hip off the 3F...:no: careful, Josh!

Me too when watching Jason's program. That split seems like it was slo-mo. He just floated for seemingly forever.

Scovies

Final Flight
Peter Tchernyshev choreographed the Shibutanis' ex.

Forgot to say earlier that in addition to the program as a whole, I loved Maia's costume -- gorgeous.

Thx again to sabinfire for the video.

Thank you!

I remember the Eurosport commentators being really taken with this EX as well. It's just gorgeous. I'm really frustrated that the Shibutanis are being hamstrung by blah programs, but IMO, they're the best ice dance team the U.S. has now that Meryl and Charlie are out of the picture. They've just never had good enough programs to show that. They need to run (not walk) to a new coach, because Zueva seems content to let then languish is classical boringness when they're so much better than that. This EX is proof of that.

TMC

Record Breaker
I keep having a stupid grin throughout Jason's ex program. This is why this kid will be the future of figure skating; he's so versatile and his skating can match any kind of music. As much as I appreciate their style of skating and am glad to see the diversity in the US men's field, Josh and Adam's ex had the same melancholic music and although they performed that "internal" style masterfully, I couldn't imagine them performing the programs that Jason has.

Have you seen Josh's SOI group performance to The Walker? That's the first time I saw Josh really letting loose, and he seems to be enjoying himself so much :love:

salchowx4

On the Ice
Yeah, the Shibs were the best of the night. All the dancers had great programs, but theirs gave me chills.

Don't care for Ashley or Gracie's ex programs this season, but they both gave the performance 100% this time which was great to see.

Jason's program is smartly choreographed. Perfect match. And, as usual, he gave it everything he had. Such a crowd pleaser.

Johar

Medalist
It was supposed to be on 4-6 NBC but when i turned it on at 4 it was ending. Huh????

ice coverage

Record Breaker
It was supposed to be on 4-6 NBC but when i turned it on at 4 it was ending. Huh????

One of the very first versions of the NBC schedules (published before Skate America) might (IIRC) have said 4:00-6:00 for the Nats gala, but the time was changed to 2:30-4:00 when updated schedules were posted early in the season.

No pewter medalists on the Gala broadcast. Would have liked to have seen all of them plus the junior & novice winners. :eek:hwell: ...

Johar's post reminded me to comment that the gala got only ninety minutes of air time this year. In past years, I think it got two hours. :(

(I suppose NBC's Saturday shows related to the Super Bowl could have been the reason for less gala coverage this year.)

BTW, flutzy or anyone else who attended in person, do you happen to remember the music for Max Aaron's ex? And for Maddie/Max's??

Last edited:

knghcm

On the Ice
Does anyone have the video of the skaters being asked which football team they root for?

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Does anyone have the video of the skaters being asked which football team they root for?

http://youtu.be/T-3bbJ1aUBE

Emily Chan basically skated a version of her SP in the Gala (same music and all, still great), Polina Edmund's Gala was interesting to watch, commentators were super-annoying and talked over entire Gala performances... even Weir/Lipinski did a better job.

Last edited: