2015 Europeans Gala | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2015 Europeans Gala

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
michal in a suit, what more could i ask for?! he is just so charming, modern day prince, i wish he would stop being inconsistent :drama: cause he has got it :cry:
i loved the sister's duel but michal shouldnt be a judge, ever!! :laugh2:
and i agree that liza's dress was a bit revealing, as nicky said i am glad it stayed on :slink:

turgon97

On the Ice
Does anyone know what Ondrej did on the side, off-camera, whilst Vale performed her layback? Judging from the cheers, a jump or something sexy maybe?

Barb

Record Breaker
I dont see problem with Liza´s dress, she looks beautiful. And wow, she is a machine with that jumps, interesting that one of the most talented jumpers in the history has breast, usually it seems a problem with the jumps.

adelia

Record Breaker
I dont see problem with Liza´s dress, she looks beautiful. And wow, she is a machine with that jumps, interesting that one of the most talented jumpers in the history has breast, usually it seems a problem with the jumps.
It is a problem when the weight distribution is mostly on the upper body but Liza is well-proportioned. She has a very strong lower body and of course perfect technique.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
And honestly, Liza's breasts/hips aren't prominent at all by regular standards. We're sitting here commenting because it's strange for a figure skater to have 'em at all. :laugh: The only "unique" thing about her body type, from what I can see, is that she's very tiny for a Russian girl. But put her in a line of some shorter Asian girls--normal people, not figure skaters--and she'd just look like a more athletic version of them.

LRK

Record Breaker
At the competition where Liza was injured last spring, she actually wore a dress that I thought was very pretty - it was in black and red. (Yes, I liked it even though it was black.;)) I don't remember if she wore it in the short or free - but I wonder where it got to?

ETA - Oh, I like Sandpiper really like her FP dress - I feel it really suits the theme of the program, and it's a nice colour too, and looks good on Liza!:)

Last edited:

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Liza looked just fine and even stood out because everyone else seemed to wear a black costume or change costume in the middle of their exhibition program.
By the way, is it just me or was it painfully difficult to follow this exhibition gala? It was like trying to watch over the heads of a bunch of really tall guys, the cameraman just insisted on not showing you what was happening.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
One, Liza has a round face, and because the face is the first thing most of us notices, it doesn't make her look slim even though she is.
The 1st thing that caught my attention is her eyes - they are so incredibly smokey and exotic! I can't even tell you what her cheeks or chin look like if you offer me $5000. :laugh:
But gosh, I want those eyes.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I am truly amazed by Valentina and Ondrej whole performance during Europeans - the style, connection, placement and true,real joy from skating and moreover - from skating together, supporting each other and giving 100 percent into each performance.

It's all in the simple gestures, some little things we usually don't see when there are big elements - looking in each other's eyes during transitions between elements or how Ondrej supports Valentina all the time, the way he extends his hand to her or puts her down from lifts (I know this is probably stupid...). They are a real team, with great understanding about each other - "a match made in heaven" as Eurosport guys said, couldn't agree more.

And one thing they said during Valentinaand Ondrej's EX program is worth to put out, because it regards veeery rare thing in pair skating nowadays I think - "There's a man dancing with the lady...With a lady who inspires you and dances with you...And there's something special in the way they work together"

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Apologies for not getting the chance to write this after watching the Gala on Monday (if you have been in the GP Series forum recently, you will see why!)

Mae-Berenice Meite. When you do a routine using the music from Burlesque, you have to be wearing a costume that suits the theme. Akiko Suzuki got it right with her gala costume in 2011/12. Adelina Sotnikova got it right with both her FS and Gala costumes in 2012/13. But this season, the girls using music from Burlesque have got it all wrong.

When you think of burlesque dancers, you do not think of jump suits! I used to think Elene Gedevanishvili’s FS jump suit was bad. But Mae-Berenice’s Gala jump suit is even worse! Put it like this: it reminds me of one of those diagrams showing the muscles of the human body!

Sara and Adria. I’ve already said a few times this season how much I love this routine, be it in it’s SP or Gala form. So, I don’t know what to add this time!

Sergei Voronov. Sorry, but can somebody explain his costume. Because I cannot understand why he has wrapped his upper torso in a whole roll of black sticky tape. Like, I know times are getting tough in Russia at the moment, but if he had ripped his t-shirt, surely he could have afforded to buy a new one rather than try to stick it back together.

Anna Pogorilaya. Again, I’ve said many times this season how much I love this routine. For me, it is this Gala routine that has really transformed Anna from yet another talented Russian teenager into a real skating star. So, I am so glad she decided to use it at Europeans rather than .

Valentina and Ondrej. You all know that I love Vale, and wish she had carried on her singles career. You all know that I used to like Ondrej, but went off him for the way in which he ditched Stefania. But, even with these prejudices, I just love this couple. Their skating is just beautiful, and has come so far from that disastrous SP at the Warsaw cup. My only complaint is that the director stuck with a shot of Valentina just standing there towards the end of the routine (can’t blame him – she’s gorgeous!!! :love: ), when it was obvious from the cheers of the audience that Ondrej was doing something spectacular at the other end of the rink.

Florent Amodio. Have to be honest, I was surprised that he kept his shirt on the whole time! I was expecting it to disappear half-way through the routine! And I loved the way he acted as if the fall was all part of the act. Ever the showman!

Don’t understand the music choice at all. The James Brown medley works. “Uptown Funk” works (and I don’t even like the song!) But together?! NO!!!!! It was obvious that Florent had a James Brown medley prepared for this season and then heard “Uptown Funk” and thought “Oooh! I like this song. Let’s bolt it onto the end of my Gala number!”

Anita Oestlund. Didn’t get to see much of her because Eurosport came back from ads late (does anybody know where to find a video of the whole routine?) But, from what I did see, she looks promising.

Elena Radionova. When nox1 said that Elena was doing her “Amie/Enemie” programme, I thought “Which one is that? I hope it’s the one with the hood” So, I put it into Google, and I not only found out it wasn’t the routine I prefer, but I also got a surprise. I never realised that was Nâdiya singing that song! I absolutely loved “[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N19FeqNfzU"]Tired Of Being Sorry
”, the duet she did with Enrique Iglesias (was that really 7 years ago???!!!)

I’ll be honest, I’m not really fussed on this routine. I think it is too grown-up for Elena. The Whitney Houston routine (AKA “the one with the hood”) was more suited for a girl of her age and personality. That said, I prefer the dress Elena wears at the end of the Nâdiya routine to the one she wears at the end of the Whitney Houston routine. The white dress in the latter is just a bit too revealing for a girl so young.

Michal Brezina. OK, so I’m probably a bit biased, because I have always tended to have a soft spot for the Czechs. And I have always been a fan of Michal. But everything about this routine was just perfect for Michal. Never heard Paul Anka’s version of “Wonderwall” before, but I loved it!

Anna and Luca. Was it just me, or was anybody else thinking of Virtue / Moir while watching Cappellini / Lanotte during the gala? Because, for me, this routine had their names written all over it! Are Tessa and Scott still involved with Marina’s set-up, because I am starting to wonder if they had a hand in coming up with this routine. Or, is it a routine that Marina prepared for Tessa and Scott, but then got handed over to Anna and Luca when the Canadians decided not to compete this season.

Maxim Kovtun. No! No! And thrice, No!

Joshi and Vicky. Absolute genius!!! But, I feel so sorry for the TV director, as it must have been a nightmare trying to decide who to have on camera. And, unsurprisingly, we didn’t get as good an impression of what was going on as those in the audience would have. If it was me, I would have used the camera up behind the audience for the whole routine, as then you would have got to see what everybody on the ice was doing.

Gabriella and Guillaume. There is only one word to describe this routine: HOT!!! I know I have tended to find Greek girls attractive, but Gabriella is something else. :love: I’m not by any means religious, but she can take me to church any day! ;)

Liza Tuktamysheva. I was so disappointed, and angry, when I saw some of the comments on here about Liza’s gala routine. As sabinfire said, everybody loved it when she did it at the GP Final, so why does everybody seem to hate it now? The only explanation I can think of is that the members that are complaining now are jealous of Liza for being so beautiful.

That said, I didn’t enjoy this performance of it as much as I did during the GP Final or Russian Nationals. For the simple reason that the ice in Sweden had got too chopped up this time, and left a mess of everything when Liza went rolling around on the ground! :laugh:

Yuko and Alex. Beautiful. Simply beautiful. But, it always is with them. I am so glad they came back this season rather than retire quietly.

Javier Fernandez. I do not understand why some members are getting fed up with this routine. I absolutely love it!!! I normally hate things as camp as this, but this routine is absolute genius. It is fun, it tells a story, it has props. What more can you ask for?! OK, so we have seen it many times, but I did notice that he has changed the end since last season. But, there was one thing I didn’t like about this performance. For the first time, I saw the join in the cape before he tore it. Like, it is a major let down when you realise that SuperJavi is using velcro! :laugh:

Overall, an enjoyable Gala. But, I just wish it had been a bit longer, so that we got to see a few more skaters!

CaroLiza_fan

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I’ll be honest, I’m not really fussed on this routine. I think it is too grown-up for Elena. The Whitney Houston routine (AKA “the one with the hood”) was more suited for a girl of her age and personality. That said, I prefer the dress Elena wears at the end of the Nâdiya routine to the one she wears at the end of the Whitney Houston routine. The white dress in the latter is just a bit too revealing for a girl so young.
Of the two routines, I actually prefer this one. The contrasting image of Elena with the quill, and then being all modern and rocking out... I thought it fit very well with the song (a pop song based on a classical theme).

That said, I didn’t enjoy this performance of it as much as I did during the GP Final or Russian Nationals. For the simple reason that the ice in Sweden had got too chopped up this time, and left a mess of everything when Liza went rolling around on the ground!
Thankfully, Liza had the sense to shake it off with the spin. ;)

CutieP

On the Ice
The Whitney Houston routine (AKA “the one with the hood”) was more suited for a girl of her age and personality. That said, I prefer the dress Elena wears at the end of the Nâdiya routine to the one she wears at the end of the Whitney Houston routine. The white dress in the latter is just a bit too revealing for a girl so young.

What?!?:eek: Lena's white dress is revealing and Liza's dress is not. Now you're just being inconsistent. Lena is actually wearing an old-fashioned swimsuit kinda thingy underneath.

Makes her look like a light feather gently drawing on the ice. Very beautiful!:love:

I agree about Javi and Kovtun. Generally nice review.

And the person whose exhibition we were missing was Kiira Korpi. So that's your answer, that's why it felt too short! :)

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Anita Oestlund. Didn’t get to see much of her because Eurosport came back from ads late (does anybody know where to find a video of the whole routine?)

On my hard drive? ;)

Liza Tuktamysheva. For the simple reason that the ice in Sweden had got too chopped up this time, and left a mess of everything when Liza went rolling around on the ground! :laugh:

Perhaps she could have made snow angels while laying there? :love:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I am truly amazed by Valentina and Ondrej whole performance during Europeans - the style, connection, placement and true,real joy from skating and moreover - from skating together, supporting each other and giving 100 percent into each performance.

It's all in the simple gestures, some little things we usually don't see when there are big elements - looking in each other's eyes during transitions between elements or how Ondrej supports Valentina all the time, the way he extends his hand to her or puts her down from lifts (I know this is probably stupid...). They are a real team, with great understanding about each other - "a match made in heaven" as Eurosport guys said, couldn't agree more.

And one thing they said during Valentinaand Ondrej's EX program is worth to put out, because it regards veeery rare thing in pair skating nowadays I think - "There's a man dancing with the lady...With a lady who inspires you and dances with you...And there's something special in the way they work together"

Hear, hear. :) I'm looking forward to see them in the upcoming World.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What?!?:eek: Lena's white dress is revealing and Liza's dress is not. Now you're just being inconsistent. Lena is actually wearing an old-fashioned swimsuit kinda thingy underneath.

I know what you're getting at, but I'm talking about revealing in a different way.

How should I put this? Do you remember when I made this post a couple of weeks ago? Well, one of the occasions I was talking about in the 3rd paragraph was when Lena was one of the times wearing that white dress earlier in the season. Although it undoubtedly shows more flesh, Liza's dress doesn't do that.

Makes her look like a light feather gently drawing on the ice. Very beautiful!

Good analogy!

I agree about Javi and Kovtun. Generally nice review.

Awww!!! Thank you!!!

And the person whose exhibition we were missing was Kiira Korpi. So that's your answer, that's why it felt too short! :)

Well, I was actually thinking about maybe 3 or 4 more skaters. But, I totally agree that Kiira should have been there, but you can't help being unwell.

It still breaks my heart how Kiira's Euros ended after such a great start. :cry:

Perhaps she could have made snow angels while laying there? :love:

:laugh: Very good, sabinfire. Very good!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited: