2015 Four Continents Videos and Results Discussion | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents Videos and Results Discussion

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I think things will definitely shuffle around! I could totally see some switching around within the final two groups. Should make for some exciting skating. :)

Jason and Nam, Joshua and Adam have the potential to move up, Misha is within striking distance of the podium. So exciting.

knghcm

On the Ice
As much as I love Jason, I don't think he would medal with this SP score (damn the quad!). I'd love to see a Denis, Misha, and Shoma podium. I thought European guys were cute but the 4CC guys definitely hold their own.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Why are some videos (for ex. Shoma and S/H) not availible on the mobile phones? :mad:

Rissa

Record Breaker
Thank you for the uploads, sabinfire, thanks to you I could watch the event!

LRK

Record Breaker
I think things will definitely shuffle around! I could totally see some switching around within the final two groups. Should make for some exciting skating. :)

Mrs P, the only reliable thing about the men - is how unreliable they are. I've missed several LPs this season - for whatever reason - and whenver I have, I've taken a look at the results and gone "WTH happened here?!" Last at Euros' - I think in the top ten - or eight maybe - only Javi retained his position. I may be mistaken, but my point is that hardly anyone was where they were after the short! I think Denis has a pretty good chance of staying where he is - because of his lead, he does have some margin of error; and if he has actually entered Second Half of the Season Mode, he probably won't even need it. Other than that, though... Anything can happen. And probably will.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Why are some videos (for ex. Shoma and S/H) not availible on the mobile phones? :mad:

Not sure. What country are you from? YouTube has an auto-block (due to copyrighted music) on those videos in a few small countries.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Didn't have time last night, but I fixed the list here to include all the videos on my YouTube channel:

Men's SP: (no commentary)

Denis TEN (KAZ) ...

My YouTube channel for all videos:

https://www.youtube.com/user/sabinfire/videos

sabinfire, thanks so much for everything. :bow:

You already put an incredible amount of energy into uploading the videos, so IMHO, we should be more than grateful for a post simply with a link to your channel and a general comment that all the Men's SPs can be found there. (Or for future segments, if we should be so lucky, Groups 1 and 2, for example ... and then 3 and 4 ... or whatever.)

Posting all the individual links (while much appreciated) is spoiling us even more than you already have spoiled us.
Your care in labeling your vids so clearly (thank you) makes them easy to find within your channel.

Only trying to save you a little time. Not complaining by any means, of course. :bow:
I just feel guilty that you are singlehandedly devoting countless hours per competition to provide such a comprehensive video library.
Thanks again.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Thanks. I had started making the list last night so wanted to complete it -- but you're right, it seems that just linking to my YouTube channel would be adequate at this point, since my Denis Ten SP upload received hundreds of views in the first few minutes it was posted (with no announcement/links from me beforehand) ... so folks are obviously watching for them.

My YouTube channel (while created in 2006) has only been posting skating videos for the last month or so, usually takes some time to build up followers and a reputation as a channel that will have frequent updates... hence my lists here, and so on, just to be sure that folks can find what they are looking for as soon as it is available.

It is a lot of work, but thankfully I'm watching the competition at the same time -- so it's more or less multi-tasking than anything else. I will probably just follow your advice going forward into 4CC's, to simplify things on my end at least...

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Jason's SP on icenetwork is available (at least for now) without a paid subscription. No commentary.

Love Jason, but interesting that his SP is available for free -- whereas IN hasn't even isolated Josh's SP as its own video separate from the other men's. :think: (D. Ten, Uno, and Yan are the only other isolated vids from the Men's SPs.)
I guess IN wants to capitalize on the interest in Jason's quad as well as his general popularity.

Thanks. I had started making the list last night so wanted to complete it -- but you're right, it seems that just linking to my YouTube channel would be adequate at this point, since my Denis Ten SP upload received hundreds of views in the first few minutes it was posted (with no announcement/links from me beforehand) ... so folks are obviously watching for them....

Amazing :) ... hundreds of views without giving any alerts. :bow: Everyone is so thirsty for your new vids. :yes: :popcorn: Thanks again.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Jason's SP on icenetwork is available (at least for now) without a paid subscription. No commentary.

Love Jason, but interesting that his SP is available for free -- whereas IN hasn't even isolated Josh's SP as its own video separate from the other men's. :think:

Nice that they made Jason's SP available for free.

Wish IN would get their act together on their schedules, though. Here's what is showing now for 4CC:

SCHEDULED (ALL TIMES EASTERN)

Tomorrow at 11:30pm Free Dance
Tomorrow at 3:00am Ladies Short Program
2/14/2015 12:30am Pairs Free Skate
2/14/2015 3:30am Men's Free Skate
2/14/2015 10:30pm Ladies Free Skate

Uhh... Free Dance is tonight at 11:30pm EST? Not tomorrow. Hope no one is relying too heavily on IN's posted schedule.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Didn't have time last night, but I fixed the list here to include all the videos on my YouTube channel:

Men's SP: (no commentary)

My YouTube channel for all videos:

https://www.youtube.com/user/sabinfire/videos

Thank you sabinfire for the tremendous jobs again. With your help, I could enjoy the whole events. I'm especially loving the men's one because not only many skaters brought their A-games, but also I can get to have some hope that men's events at the Worlds could be as entertaining as this one. The men's event at Euro was lackluster with a lot of splatfests, so I was kind of getting to loose my interest in men's discipline since Machida retired. I didn't see the men's FS event at Euro yet because I've heard enough of how bad it went. However, this one was different, and I watched the last two groups' performances in a good quality. Thanks again.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Thank you sabinfire for the tremendous jobs again. With your help, I could enjoy the whole events.

Amazing :) ... hundreds of views without giving any alerts. :bow: Everyone is so thirsty for your new vids. :yes: :popcorn: Thanks again.

You're welcome, and thank you for appreciating the efforts that went into recording and getting these videos online.

I used to think Liza was the main driver for my YouTube channel (her Euros 2015 FS videos alone garnered over 20,000 views for me in a matter of days) -- but the Denis Ten SP video is going nuts. The publicly visible view count is currently 11,122 -- but my YT Analytics is telling me the estimated views are at 16,000 (and it's been stuck at that number for hours). Also, Ten's video over the last 60 minutes has 910 estimated views (which doesn't add to that 16,000 number, yet). Best I can tell, this video probably has over 30,000 views by now, once YouTube finally sorts it all out over the next day or two, as they have a strange method of 'verifying' view totals before they are actually added to the running total.

And not meant as a thread hijack, but for anyone interested in the analytical side of things -- from Jan 14th to Feb 10th (pre-4CC videos), top locations by views on my channel (not entirely up-to-date or accurate but still an interesting picture):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8FhmS7SlrItWF9JTXFpY01UQTQ/view?usp=sharing (detailed overview)

Top 10 locations by views:

US
Japan
Russia
Canada
South Korea
Latvia
Sweden
UK
Italy
France

foruiz

Final Flight
Not sure. What country are you from? YouTube has an auto-block (due to copyrighted music) on those videos in a few small countries.

I am in Japan, I can't seem to view Shoma's SP too.

Thank you sabinefire for compiling the videos. I was not able to tune in live.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I am in Japan, I can't seem to view Shoma's SP too.

Thank you sabinfire for compiling the videos. I was not able to tune in live.

That's odd -- YouTube is only reporting Shoma's SP as being blocked in Germany. The video has over 6,000 view (300 in the last hour), so it would seem that many people are able to access the video. You are not the first person who has reported issues accessing some of these videos, though -- not sure what is going on.

Have you tried a different web browser? Maybe try Hola or a VPN, see if selecting a different country helps?

yyyskate

Record Breaker
from your stats, something interesting. there are 2 age group peak of Japan, and mainly female (Japan's 2 super stars, Dai and Yuzuru)
And for Korean, majority views are within the young age group and have the highest male percentage of all countries. (Yuna:biggrin:)