2015 Four Continents Videos and Results Discussion | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents Videos and Results Discussion

ice coverage

Record Breaker
You're welcome, and thank you for appreciating the efforts that went into recording and getting these videos online.

I used to think Liza was the main driver for my YouTube channel (her Euros 2015 FS videos alone garnered over 20,000 views for me in a matter of days) -- but the Denis Ten SP video is going nuts. The publicly visible view count is currently 11,122 -- but my YT Analytics is telling me the estimated views are at 16,000 (and it's been stuck at that number for hours). Also, Ten's video over the last 60 minutes has 910 estimated views (which doesn't add to that 16,000 number, yet). Best I can tell, this video probably has over 30,000 views by now, once YouTube finally sorts it all out over the next day or two, as they have a strange method of 'verifying' view totals before they are actually added to the running total.

And not meant as a thread hijack, but for anyone interested in the analytical side of things -- from Jan 14th to Feb 10th (pre-4CC videos), top locations by views on my channel (not entirely up-to-date or accurate but still an interesting picture):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8FhmS7SlrItWF9JTXFpY01UQTQ/view?usp=sharing (detailed overview)

Thanks all for the interesting stats. :)

Stupid question:
How does YouTube Analytics know the ages of those viewing vids? :confused2:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Thanks all for the interesting stats. :)

Stupid question:
How does YouTube Analytics know the ages of those viewing vids? :confused2:

Good question. Not everyone who views the YouTube videos are logged into an account that can be tied to an age. Might be worth researching. :think: Google is excellent with information and analytics, so I assume they must be using some kind of methodology that returns somewhat reliable results? Although, numerous things can skew all the results to an extent... such as Hola (to hide/disguise location)...

Well, I've tried my best to turn a blind eye and/or ignore things as long as I could, but unfortunately, I will be adding a watermark to the rest of my 4CC videos -- at least the ones that are posted in real-time during the event. Apologies for the potential distraction in the videos, but I am trying to keep it as unobtrusive as possible, without making it too easy for others to meddle with it.

This is in response to at least a couple YouTube users who will immediately grab all my videos and re-upload on their own channel, within a few hours of me posting vids. This makes no sense to me? If a video is already on YouTube, there's no need to re-up it publicly on your own channel. Sigh... :eek:hwell:

I have no issues with folks sharing my videos with others, archiving my videos for their own purposes, or even providing alternate methods of sharing (preferably with a credit to the source if possible)... but I do not support the habit of grabbing dozens of videos (on a regular basis) from one YouTube user and re-upping on their own channel, without any mention of credit/source.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Good question. Not everyone who views the YouTube videos are logged into an account that can be tied to an age. Might be worth researching. :think: Google is excellent with information and analytics, so I assume they must be using some kind of methodology that returns somewhat reliable results? Although, numerous things can skew all the results to an extent... such as Hola (to hide/disguise location)...

Well, I've tried my best to turn a blind eye and/or ignore things as long as I could, but unfortunately, I will be adding a watermark to the rest of my 4CC videos -- at least the ones that are posted in real-time during the event. Apologies for the potential distraction in the videos, but I am trying to keep it as unobtrusive as possible, without making it too easy for others to meddle with it.

This is in response to at least a couple YouTube users who will immediately grab all my videos and re-upload on their own channel, within a few hours of me posting vids. This makes no sense to me? If a video is already on YouTube, there's no need to re-up it publicly on your own channel. Sigh... :eek:hwell:

I have no issues with folks sharing my videos with others, archiving my videos for their own purposes, or even providing alternate methods of sharing (preferably with a credit to the source if possible)... but I do not support the habit of grabbing dozens of videos (on a regular basis) from one YouTube user and re-upping on their own channel, without any mention of credit/source.

Agree! That's just bad manners.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

No need to apologize about watermarking, sabinfire.
Very sorry to hear that others are misappropriating your videos. :mad: :bang:

And thanks for your reply re the analytics.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I think the youtube users who has accounts is a reliable sample(not biased) that reflects the stats of all the people who watched your videos.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Yeah, I miss Eurosport too... "Easy as you'd like!" and "Clean as a whistle!"

Also, my text watermark is in white lettering, so it will blend in with the ice most of the time. :laugh:

foruiz

Final Flight
That's odd -- YouTube is only reporting Shoma's SP as being blocked in Germany. The video has over 6,000 view (300 in the last hour), so it would seem that many people are able to access the video. You are not the first person who has reported issues accessing some of these videos, though -- not sure what is going on.

Have you tried a different web browser? Maybe try Hola or a VPN, see if selecting a different country helps?

Hi! I have tried using my laptop and it is working. Thanks again!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
thank you sabinfire!! and such disrespectful of ppl who DL your videos and upload them as if its their own,no need to say sorry cause watermark doesnt bother at all :agree:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Thanks as always sabinfire. And I don't think anyone minds a watermark at all, esp considering the work you do :rock:

foruiz

Final Flight
thank you sabinfire!! and such disrespectful of ppl who DL your videos and upload them as if its their own,no need to say sorry cause watermark doesnt bother at all :agree:

Yeah, go ahead and put your watermark sabinfire! This will make those people think twice. I also do not get it when people re-upload the very same videos, it is just cluttering the website...