2015 Four Continents Free Dance Feb 13 Seoul time | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents Free Dance Feb 13 Seoul time

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The free dance will take place 13:30 to 16:00 on February 13 in Seoul, Korea, Seoul time
Live Ice Network Coverage at Feb. 12, 2015, 11:30pm Eastern Time

Entries

1 Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER CAN
FD A Street Car Named Desire, Overture from "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes," Si tu voi ma mere by Sidney Bechet, Dans les rues d'Antibes by Sidney Bechet; choreo by Carol Lane, Juris Razguliaevs, Christopher Dean

2 Alexandra PAUL / Mitchell ISLAM CAN
FD Come Rain or Come Shine by Frank Sinatra, The Way You Look Tonight by Frank Sinatra;choreo by A. Krylova, M.F. Dubreuil, P. Lauzon

3 Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE CAN
FD Spring from "Four Seasons" by Antonio Vivaldi arranged by Max Richter, Summer 1 from "Four Seasons" by Antonio Vivaldi arranged by Max Richter, Summer 3 from "Four Seasons" by Antonio Vivaldi arranged by Max Richter, Winter from "Four Seasons" by Antonio Vivaldi arranged by Max Richter; choreo by pasquale Camerlengo and Shae-Lynn Bourne

4 Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIU CHN
FD The Artist Ouverure (from "The Artist" soundtrack) by Ludovic Bource, Waltz for Peppy (from "The Artist" soundtrack) by Ludovic Bource, Peppy and George (from "The Artist" soundtrack) by Ludovic Bource; choreo by A. Krylova and P. Camerlengo

5 Yiyi ZHANG / Nan WU CHN
FD The Reprimand (from "Prince of Egypt" soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer, Deliver Us (from "Prince of Egypt" soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer; choreo by A. Krylova and P. Camerlengo

6 Yue ZHAO / Xun ZHENG CHN
FD Cartoon by Raphael Beau, Oblivion by Astor Piazzolla, Assassin's Tango (from "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" soundtrack) by John Powell; choreo by Xun Zheng

7 Emi HIRAI / Marien DE LA ASUNCION JPN
FD Peter Gunn theme performed by The Blues Brothers, Riot in the cell block No. 9 by The Blues Brothers, Shake Your Tail Feather by The Blues Brothers ; choreo by Diana Ribas

8 Cathy REED / Chris REED JPN
FD Moon River by Henry Mancini, Mr. Lucky by Henry Mancini, The Big Blow Out by Henry Mancini ; choreo by M. Zueva, M. Scali, and O. Epstein

9 Karina UZUROVA / Ilias ALI KAZ
FD choreo by A. Krylova

10 Pilar MAEKAWA MORENO / Leonardo MAEKAWA MORENO MEX
FD Life Is Beautiful (soundtrack) by Nicola Piovani; choreo by Marina Zoueva

11 Rebeka KIM / Kirill MINOV KOR
FD Phantasia (based on "The Phantom of the Opera) by Sarah Chang and Julian Lloyd Webber, The Phantom of the Opera performed by Lindsey Stirling; choreo by I. Zhuk and A. Svinin

12 Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES USA
FD An American in Paris; choreo by Igor Shpilband

13 Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER USA 7
FD Wedding Vows (from "Romeo and Juliet" soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski, The Cheek of Night (from "Romeo and Juliet" soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski, Come, Gentle Night (from "Romeo and Juliet" soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski, Forbidden Love (from "Romeo and Juliet" soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski; choreo by A. Krylova and P. Camerlengo

14 Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI USA 7
FD Rosen aus dem Süden (Roses from the South) by Johann Strauss, The Blue Danube by Johann Strauss; choreo by M. Zueva, M. Scali, C. Ballas

Last edited:

slider11

Medalist
Really anxious to see Hawayek and Baker again and hoping the Shibs made some changes that will lift them higher. Weaver and Poje likely have first but I'd love the Shibs pull to second. I'm also a Gilles and Poirier fan although I'm torn between them and Hawayek/Baker. Sorry, for me, Chock and Bates are an "also ran".

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Madison Chock (on new free dance costumes – see picture here in our Facebook album)

Love Madison's wine-colored dress... though not too sure about Evan's getup from the picture here -- will need to see it during the actual free dance first, I guess.

Alba

Record Breaker
Madison Chock (on new free dance costumes – see picture here in our Facebook album):
We wanted a fresh new look for the second half of the season. We love the black and white costumes but we wanted another pair that are a different style. These are sleek and modern and will show off our skating lines.
http://www.usfigureskatingfanzone.com/uncategorized/2015-four-continents-championships-4ccseoul/

I don't know what to think about these costume. On the picture they look bad, but maybe on the ice it's another story.

slider11

Medalist
I think it's playing on the American in Paris - red, white and blue theme. I like a simple costume so from that perspective I find it positive.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Zhang/Wu withdrew after the SD. Zhang aggravated an injury to her tibia.

Starting order and time schedule:

TIME SCHEDULE
ICE DANCE FREE DANCE
Friday, 13 February, 2015

13:30:00 - 13:36:00 Warm-up Group 1
13:36:30 - 13:44:20 1 Pilar MAEKAWA / Leonardo MAEKAWA MEX
13:44:20 - 13:52:10 3 Yue ZHAO / Xun ZHENG CHN
13:52:10 - 14:00:00 4 Karina UZUROVA / Ilias ALI KAZ​

14:00:00 - 14:06:00 Warm-up Group 2
14:06:30 - 14:14:20 5 Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER USA
14:14:20 - 14:22:10 6 Rebeka KIM / Kirill MINOV KOR
14:22:10 - 14:30:00 7 Emi HIRAI / Marien DE LA ASUNCION JPN
14:30:00 - 14:37:50 8 Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIU CHN​

14:37:50 - 14:52:50 Ice Resurfacing

14:52:50 - 14:58:50 Warm-up Group 3
14:59:20 - 15:07:10 9 Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI USA
15:07:10 - 15:15:00 10 Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER CAN
15:15:00 - 15:22:50 11 Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE CAN
15:22:50 - 15:30:40 12 Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES USA
15:30:40 - 15:38:30 13 Alexandra PAUL / Mitchell ISLAM CAN​

Resurfacing: 00:15:00 Warm-up: 00:05:00 Duration of Skating: 00:04:00 Judging First: 00:03:20 Judging Last: 00:03:20 Introduction: 00:01:00

Printed: 12.02.2015 21:20:00

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:popcorn: Let's get this show on the road after yesterday's surprising SD! I'll be able to watch it since I won't have to get up until later! :popcorn:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Oh this is rough- I would like to skip the first 2 groups entirely and still somehow magically see H/B :laugh2: Really stinks where they drew to go in the second group.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Oh this is rough- I would like to skip the first 2 groups entirely and still somehow magically see H/B :laugh2: Really stinks where they drew to go in the second group.

That is an absolutely horrid start order for H/B. They need to make up ground from their SD, too...

pandatours

On the Ice
I don't know what to think about these co: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77L6biixoBsstume. On the picture they look bad, but maybe on the ice it's another story.

It's not: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77L6biixoBs

I love the side detailing but I prefer their B&W costumes. The colors pop more here but the bottom of Madison's dress looks so tattered it's distracting and I don't love the way the top is cut on her. Evan's costume looks better on the ice but I feel like those pants and top neckline are doing him no favors. I think their new costumes draw the focus more to Evan, I find myself looking at him more than Madison in that run through whereas in the B&W costumes it was the other way around and more equal attention paid to both.