The "Wishes" Thread - 4CC 2015 Edition | Page 2 | Golden Skate

The "Wishes" Thread - 4CC 2015 Edition

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
SHOMA FOR NUMERO UNO :biggrin::popcorn:

Seriously guys, I feel like he's going to be on the 4CC podium. For the Tens (Denis and Jeremy), please skate lights out or something. You guys have beautiful programs. Oh and Misha Ge too! Go get them fans, Misha :cheer: Give us that armography and drama!!!!!

So Youn, just don't...think about the pressure. Skate with your best, hun. I wish for Satoko to slay and silence the audience and get another standing ovation. Gracie to not fudge things up. Rika to shine as usual. Yuka to do clean programs. Oh and Polina to not get overscored (lol but I wish for this really).

will post my ice dance and pairs wishes later

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I hope they all do spectacularily.
The guys, I don't know if I've ever had a competition where I like so many of them. How can one choose?
I just want them all do do better than they did last time...then the judges will have to decide. :hopelessness:
I hope the US guys nerves don't desert them.
I hope Shoma has a great Senior debut and lights a fire under the seats of the rest of the seniors. \
I hope Mura lands his humungous 4T3T combos and wows us.
I hope Murakami does his best.
I want Han Yan to skate with confidence and I want to see his record 3A back in business.
I want Denis Ten to skate his interesting programs clean
I want Misha to remember about the time at the end of his program to avoid time violations
so many things I want to see. It's going to be very exciting.

GF2445

Record Breaker
I want a skater to do so well that a video of it would become viral and people will pay attention to skating for a little bit.

GF2445

Record Breaker

I want people to be commenting all over "i dont even like ice skating, but i love this program"

Only figure skating heathens call competitive figure skating 'ice skating'

Last edited:

dna5019

Final Flight
I want to see So Youn skate clean and with confidence. If she can do that, she has a shot at the podium. :cheer:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I want people to be commenting all over "i dont even like ice skating, but i love this program"

Only figure skating heathens call competitive figure skating 'ice skating'

Saw a lot of those comments last year, from heathen;) We can only hope that history repeats itself, with Jason or with another skater!

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I wish to see Jason win without a quad, just to see all the reporters have their heads explode.

I think I also wish we could see Jason give the old Jeremy Abbot salute and say "suck it haters" while sticking his tongue out as a response but I think the suggestion would traumatize Jason.

I also would love to see someone medal outside the traditional Asia vs North America. Maybe it is time for an Australian to get on the podium. Or Michael Christian Martinez maybe.

Random trivia: Even if Misha Ge wins, it would not be the first 4Cs medal for Uzbekistan. Tatiana Malinina won gold at the first 4Cs held. Since then everyone else has been from China, Japan, USA and Canada with one exception of a win by Yuna Kim.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Dream podium
MEN
1. Takahito Mura (go and defend your title!)
2. Han Yan (I really want to see him skate well)
3. Denis Ten

LADIES
1. Gracie Gold
2. Satoko Miyahara
3. Zijun Li

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Maybe it is time for an Australian to get on the podium.

:love: :love: :love: :love:

I would like to see Josh win, and Jason on the podium, and all of Team Australia to lay down super perfect performances and force the marks from those judges! Brendan to land all his quads, of course, both Salchow and toe, and spring a surprise! And Brooklee vs Kailani round two! And PB for Andrew!

GF2445

Record Breaker
:love: :love: :love: :love:

I would like to see Josh win, and Jason on the podium, and all of Team Australia to lay down super perfect performances and force the marks from those judges! Brendan to land all his quads, of course, both Salchow and toe, and spring a surprise! And Brooklee vs Kailani round two! And PB for Andrew!

I agree. I have brooklee and Kailani realistically ranked 13th and 14th in my mind so i would love to see them smash my expectations. I currently have Brendan slotting in 19th from his results this season so if he can get into the top 16 that would be an improvement and Andrew will need a lights out short program to male the top 24.

I want the best for them so i hope they all have a real breakthrough moment.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Misha beat Jason by a slim margin at CoR...could he do it again? I'm curious how they will compare if both are more or less clean.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wish to see Jason win without a quad, just to see all the reporters have their heads explode.

I think I also wish we could see Jason give the old Jeremy Abbot salute and say "suck it haters" while sticking his tongue out as a response but I think the suggestion would traumatize Jason.

I also would love to see someone medal outside the traditional Asia vs North America. Maybe it is time for an Australian to get on the podium. Or Michael Christian Martinez maybe.

Random trivia: Even if Misha Ge wins, it would not be the first 4Cs medal for Uzbekistan. Tatiana Malinina won gold at the first 4Cs held. Since then everyone else has been from China, Japan, USA and Canada with one exception of a win by Yuna Kim.

:rofl::rofl::thumbsup:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Misha beat Jason by a slim margin at CoR...could he do it again? I'm curious how they will compare if both are more or less clean.
I don't think clean Misha can match clean Jason. Misha doesn't pull the best GOE from his jumps (not that Jason's jumps are the most impressive either--but they're better than Misha's). Jason will also get better levels/GOEs for the spins. On the second mark, while Misha's skating is quite beautiful in its own way, Jason possesses qualities more beloved under COP (better speed, more complex transitions).

Still, maybe the results will prove me wrong. I mean, if you asked me a year ago if Misha could ever beat Jason (and a Jason who was more or less clean in the LP), I would've laughed and said no way.

GF2445

Record Breaker
O want Misha Ge in general to go viral.
He is truler a dancer. Needs a quad though.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I don't think clean Misha can match clean Jason. Misha doesn't pull the best GOE from his jumps (not that Jason's jumps are the most impressive either--but they're better than Misha's). Jason will also get better levels/GOEs for the spins. On the second mark, while Misha's skating is quite beautiful in its own way, Jason possesses qualities more beloved under COP (better speed, more complex transitions).

Still, maybe the results will prove me wrong. I mean, if you asked me a year ago if Misha could ever beat Jason (and a Jason who was more or less clean in the LP), I would've laughed and said no way.

Misha's definitely narrowed the gap, namely thanks to an improved hit rate on the 3A. But Misha beat a somewhat flawed Jason, especially in the SP --- he was some 6 points off his SB for this season and 11 points of his personal best. The FS was better, but Jason wasn't perfect there either.

But who knows -- ice is slippery.

Funny thing, is I think of Misha and Jason being the same age and he's actually 4 years older. Misha has such a youthful personality!

R.D.

Record Breaker
- Gold to come up with a convincing win to show that she is indeed one of the top contenders for a world medal this year. I know she is capable of it, she just needs to go out there and show everyone because her efforts so far this season might fall short (particularly with the Japanese ladies improving and Wagner seemingly "out for blood")

- Edmunds to medal. I know she is capable of this as well, but she needs to be on.

- Cesario to do well for herself

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
My dream podium would be in men: Yan, Nguyen and Ten (Denis) in what ever order. Oh, and I hope that Ge will do really well in this competition.