2015 Four Continents Practice reports | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents Practice reports

andyjo24

Medalist
If soyoun ends up getting low PCS for her LP (again) compared to her competitors I think I might just flip out. Given, her transitions leave much to be desired, the rest of her scores have left me perplexed. Same with Polina. :confused:

It's because of her low reputation. I hope she can go clean here and possibly podium to boost her rep. That will help her PCS in the long-run.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
after watching so youn's SP run through i aprreciated her arms and hands once more, i think she should wear gloves all the time :love:
and about satoko she seemed slow, apart from other reasons ppl mentiones it might be because camera was focused on her too close and we couldnt see how much ice she covered, at least its how it looked like to me :biggrin:

watch Satoko's sp fancam while pay attention to that ISU sign on ice (as a reference) and compare to other girls. and if a fancam is zoomed in very closely which usually means that the skater's motion is very easy to capture, indicating small ice coverage.

And, the 4CC's official cam angle is really not good.... I am waiting for fancams come out, but a good example that is captured in the official footage, is when Denis Ten does his step sequence, the cam pan out. and perhaps, we missed some detailed impact of his step sequence, but ice coverage is easily detectable and very impressive.

Last edited:

clippers8200

On the Ice
@Sanhocho has been kindly live tweeting the ladies SP run through right now!

To translate some:
-Polina Edmunds is skipping all jumps, but her choreography looks good.
-Berkeley Han fell on her 3L, her condition does not look good
-SoYoun had a monster 3S-3T, strong 3lz, couldn't hang on her 2A and fell (Video clip - https://twitter.com/Sanhocho/status/566072015367307264)
-Gabrielle Daleman - 3T/3T shadky, doubled her lutz, 2a
-Alaine Chartrand - 2a, fall on 3lz, fall on 3L
-Haejin - 3lz-2t, 3f, 2a - another clean run-through, spins look good
-Isadora Williams - 3s step out, singled her lutz, 2a, may be underrotated

Edit:
-Gracie skipped her combo, 3L and 2A good, as were her spins
-Cessario skipped jumps and did only choreography
-Miyahara - 3lz(!),3t(ur), 3f, 2a
-Hongo - 3t/3t, 3f, 2a clean
-Zijun - 3f/3t, 3l tight/hangs on, 2a

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker

yyyskate

Record Breaker
^^ SoYoun's first Sp run-through popped her lutz, all this season her lutz+spin sequence is not confident. she was nervous at the beginning, slipped a bit even in the opening choreo, then going into 3S-2T, if a russian girl could definitely saved that -3t. S landing is good, but as we know SoYoun, she wont, and botched spin after lutz....
I dont feel very well here...... cos my fav girls all did bad even including zijun (-2T)... i am too spoiled by Yuna...

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
when she isnt freaking out, her jumps still amazing, i am very well aware that she isnt consistent but look at that 3-3 combo, its huge, if thats not quality jump then idk what is

Warwick360

Medalist
Saying ladies sp was a let down sounds like such an understatement in my mind. :cry:

Can't believe I wasted the hours in the morning that I did following the scores. :slink:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I felt so sad about So Youn. But I hope she can pull a strong FS. Her jumps are just to die for.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sometimes I wish skaters would go full-out in the practices. Cause I know you perform how you practice. Okay, I'm not making sense here.

Last edited:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sometimes I wish skaters would go full-out in the practices. Cause I know you perform how you practice. Okay, I'm not making sense here.

How you practice is not how you always perform at least not for some skaters. Gracie seems to always leave her best on the practice ice. When it comes time to perform she gets tight and does what she did today. She should be running away with this competition but yet again made stupid inexcusable mistakes.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
If soyoun ends up getting low PCS for her LP (again) compared to her competitors I think I might just flip out. Given, her transitions leave much to be desired, the rest of her scores have left me perplexed. Same with Polina. :confused:

She did get low PCS, again. 25 while the upper bound was like 33. Eight skaters have higher PCS than her....

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Certainly not true and certainly not logical for many skaters.

burntBREAD

Medalist
She did get low PCS, again. 25 while the upper bound was like 33. Eight skaters have higher PCS than her....

?? Highest PCS was 30.14 (Gold), which is actually kind of low for the highest PCS, especially when you compare to the GPs or even Euros. (Gold got mid 7s maximum for her 5 categories).

GF2445

Record Breaker
?? Highest PCS was 30.14 (Gold), which is actually kind of low for the highest PCS, especially when you compare to the GPs or even Euros. (Gold got mid 7s maximum for her 5 categories).

Yeah. The question is do the the Russians actually have better presentation skills than what their scores show??
Again, i feel like the judges here are marking stricter and Europe is more liberal is spurting out 8's and 9's to the Russians.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah. The question is do the the Russians actually have better presentation skills than what their scores show??
Again, i feel like the judges here are marking stricter and Europe is more liberal is spurting out 8's and 9's to the Russians.

If the top skaters like Gracie make mistakes like she did here then her PCS will be lower. Also her PCS would be higher if she was consistent which she isn't.