Favorite/important Moments from 4CC | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Favorite/important Moments from 4CC

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Okay, now that it's over, I can post my favorites:

Joshua Farris everything (this is a good start).
Gracie Gold bombing (from running into the boards to the Big Teddy Bear Incident.)
The long 2+ minute awkward K&C for Weaver/Poje's SD.
Satoko Miyahara's stone-face at her FS scores in K&C.
Garielle Daleman's diva reaction to SP scores in K&C.
Garielle Daleman thinking she was in first place in K&C.
Kaitlin Kawayek & Jean-Luc Baker (GIF).
Ridiculous reactions to Denis Ten's SP and his marks in general for both programs.
The nasty backlash to Polina Edmunds 4CC win.
The commercials/music played on repeat for 4 days in the arena.
The announcer pronounciation of Samantha Cesario's name (laughing in the K&C).
The judges handing out 15.31 for this first jumping pass by Han Yan. :eek:hwell:
Kalilani Craine's gala.
Denis Ten's straitjacket.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I slept like the whole day away!! Probably can't mix the video until Tuesday now. At least I got back on my computer today. I don't remember sitting down at it in over a month and am always on my phone.

I really struggle with getting the correct resolution when I upload to YouTube. Everything looks good on my computer (Sony Vegas) but then looks terrible once I upload it. :slink:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I slept like the whole day away!! Probably can't mix the video until Tuesday now. At least I got back on my computer today. I don't remember sitting down at it in over a month and am always on my phone.

I really struggle with getting the correct resolution when I upload to YouTube. Everything looks good on my computer (Sony Vegas) but then looks terrible once I upload it. :slink:

I'm sure a large part of it is YouTube encoding/conversion, since I have the same problem as well.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Lots of moments from Chinese skaters:

Sui/Han's throw 3F in the SP, plus her pointing at him afterwards. Always in character. :)
Pang/Tong's LP, the moment when she drifts away from him in the spiral. :cry:
Peng/Zhang's ridiculous lift in the LP, especially the final position where he skates around like it's nothing.
Zijun Li's incredible layback. This is why I favour the "arms down, low free leg" position.
The way Han Yan ended his LP. What an entertainer.

From other skaters:
Rika and Sam: Battle of :drama: Carmen faces.
I second the votes for Denis and Josh. :yes:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Brendan goofing around after his SP :yay:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Shibs short dance. I love this. It may be my favorite program from them, although I did like their short dance the year they won World Bronze.

I think it was important, because international judges validated what we saw from Nationals... they are closing the gap.

I'm don't like their LP quite as much, but progress was needed, and they delivered.

And... I'm still harping on this point... I think they were lowballed in PCS during that short.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
this seems like the most suitable thread so, from misha's instagram
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
he really took advantage of that selfie stick, didnt he :laugh:

magicrider

Rinkside
Duhamel and Radford's SP, and their genuine joy in their craft at any time!
The return of Pang and Tong.
The Four Seasons LP of Weaver and Poje.
The overwhelming happiness of Dennis Ten!

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This took me about 4 hrs to edit:bang: Should I keep going? It's going to be like 6-7 mins long by the time I get W/P, Joshua, D10, C/B etc edited in. I've already added stuff to the intro since I edited this version but does anyone even like watching videos like this?

EDIT: This is the final copy :)
http://youtu.be/1quArl_lw-0

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
This took me about 4 hrs to edit:bang: Should I keep going? It's going to be like 6-7 mins long by the time I get W/P, Joshua, D10, C/B etc edited in. I've already added stuff to the intro since I edited this version but does anyone even like watching videos like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7pGCE05eXA
I think you wove together the music and the visuals quite well. :) Especially for Samantha, P/T, and Polina (yes, I don't like her LP, but I can appreciate how you put it together with the music).

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks Sandpiper. I'm struggling to find music for the Denis and Joshua section :bang: