2015 Junior Worlds Ladies Short Program March 4 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Junior Worlds Ladies Short Program March 4

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So 43 skaters...how long is this short program going to take......

Each skater takes 8 minutes so 8X43= 344 minutes = 5 hours and 45 minutes plus four ice resurfacing of 20 minutes each...Probably like 7 hours. That's a long time to sit through a program.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
if isu skating channel broadcasts hopefully we will be able to stop the video and continue, fast forward, rewind etc without missing anyone

stryke

On the Ice
The Junior Worlds official site times it as taking just under 7 hours.

So, we're going to have to sit through 7 hours of SPs.... does anyone have a time converter? :slink:

Would be helpful to know where you live but here are the start times for around the world: 0330 Eastern USA, 0830 GMT, 1030 local Tallinn, 1230 Moscow, 1730 Japan.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The Junior Worlds official site times it as taking just under 7 hours.

Would be helpful to know where you live but here are the start times for around the world: 0330 Eastern USA, 0830 GMT, 1030 local Tallinn, 1230 Moscow, 1730 Japan.

FWIW, six-and-a-half hours ;) are allotted on the ISU schedule as of Feb 12. 10:30 to 17:00.

(And the official site says the same on the schedule page that I see.)

Last edited:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Okay! I cannot wake up at 3:30 AM, and will be in probably be in school... so.... I'll try to catch Higuchi? And everyone after her?

GF2445

Record Breaker
:drama: 7 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!

There was a reason why the whole Minimum TES was created!!!

On the other hand, it's encouraging to see so many young skaters being able to represent their nation at an international level.
I suppose there is a reason why alot of TV networks only show the free skate these days.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

On the other hand, it's encouraging to see so many young skaters being able to represent their nation at an international level.
I suppose there is a reason why alot of TV networks only show the free skate these days.

Well if the minimum TES didn't exist, we'd probably looking at like 10 hours instead. :p

Flaya

Match Penalty

Was it always any different?

If we were going to watch short program, it would only include the best of the best and not everyone.

I think the current TES for Juniors are pretty much where they should be. I wish they would lower them for Senior Worlds, I miss a lot of countries not being able to make it anymore. ;)

cl2

Final Flight
Maybe I was thinking of the guys...still 6 hours is a long time. :)

Take pity on the judges too! By the end of 6-7 hrs of judging, I'd imaging anyone would be really sick of having to decide between +1's or +2's or 6.5's or 6.75's...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Take pity on the judges too! By the end of 6-7 hrs of judging, I'd imaging anyone would be really sick of having to decide between +1's or +2's or 6.5's or 6.75's...

Oh I do. Can't imagine the fatigue.....hopefully they stay well-hydrated. :)

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
Oh I do. Can't imagine the fatigue.....hopefully they stay well-hydrated. :)

:rofl: Sorry, this was just too funny. I imagined them in my head taking sips of water uniformly. :laugh2:

EDITED TO ADD: Mrs. P, you are so thoughtful and caring.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Not to mention they will probably start to freeze in their extremities no matter what they try, and given the best they'll be able to do is probably munch down a few sandwiches or soups during Zamboni breaks, they'll be getting very hungry...