2015 Junior Worlds Pairs Short Program March 4 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 Junior Worlds Pairs Short Program March 4

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Estonians do not usually boo, but there was quite a lot and everyone was really surprised ...BB got loads of applause after their skate...

Reynnou

On the Ice
How did they do? Score too low or high?

Low, they scored 44.45 (7th place). They only got 22.48 in TES, the lowest so far.

Their 3Twist wasn't good but the rest was fine... They were my favorite, the program is really pleasant.

Last edited:

NaVi

Medalist
Being in the arena i have to say neither me nor the crowd agree with this score... B/B

Estonians do not usually boo, but there was quite a lot and everyone was really surprised ...BB got loads of applause after their skate...

Well, 25% of Estonia is ethnic Russian and I'm sure many Russians came to watch... but if you think it was too low I'll take your word for it(until video comes out).

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Finally, the final group is ready to run! :cheer: The stars are all in the group. Though, I'm really enjoying performances by the juniors so far. They are not as polished as seniors, but still give me a great pleasure in their presentation and I can see them really trying to build a career. So far, I like the first US team and Japanese team the most regardless of their placement.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How odd that PAIRS, of all things, is what is keeping USA juniors together. Liu/Johnson were the only American skater/team to make JGPF too.

And were they the only juniors to make junior nationals on a bye? Because they were in the JGPF?

And it's strange because in seniors, it the weakest of the 4 disciplines.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Well, 25% of Estonia is ethnic Russian and I'm sure many Russians came to watch... but if you think it was too low I'll take your word for it(until video comes out).
the live impression might be different, you often miss technical details... But yes, until i rewatch it i cannot speculate. However, we did enjoy their skate!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
b&b low score

If one of them singled the lutz, it is 0 points.

And I thought he lost his pivot on the ds, which loses you a lot these days. Best step sequence so far though, I thought.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
And were they the only juniors to make junior nationals on a bye? Because they were in the JGPF?

Yes, that is correct. Liu/Johnson are very promising though. Their twist is huge (and apparently they want to do a quad in the future) and they have great lifts as well. Like the rest of Team USA however, the jumps are still a work in progress. But happy they landed them here for the most part.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Nothing about ethnicity - it WAS far too low a score for BEKLEMISHEVA / BOBROV! :mad:

By the way, am I going mad, or was there somebody shouting cues to the Canadians on the ice after them? I noticed it during the side by sides towards the end of the routine. A male voice would shout, and Orr and Simpson would change position immediately.

Is this allowed?

CaroLiza_fan

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker

Yep. Karen Chen was 1st alternate in Ladies and Parsons/Parsons and McNamara/Carpenter were 1st and 2nd alternates in Ice Dance.