2015 Junior Worlds Short Dance Mar 5 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Junior Worlds Short Dance Mar 5

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Good start to the competition. First couple in position ready to start, and no music.

They were waiting there a good minute before the start was aborted!

With this happening, perhaps it is not surprising that there was a fall from Carlo in the early stages. The start was probably playing on his mind.

Hopefully this will be the only technical glitch of the day...

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Does anyone know which results you need to get to have 2 or 3 slots in this comp ? If it helps, I'm looking for the results necessary for France to keep 2 slots next year (I think 3 slots are impossible but I'd still welcome the info). Thank you !

Per ISU Rule 378, paragraph 2:

For two slots next yr:
The sum of the placement points of the two French couples this yr must be no more than 28 points.​
For three slots next yr:
The sum of the placement points of the two French couples this yr must be no more than 13 points.​

Note:
- Competitors who were entered for the Short Program/Short Dance, but did not qualify for the Free Skating/Free Dance, will be awarded 18 points for Single Skating and the number of points equal to their placement in Short Program/Short Dance for Pair Skating/Ice Dance (however if this placement is lower than 18, only 18 points will be awarded).
- Competitors who qualified for the Free Skating/Free Dance, but were not placed higher than 16th place in the final result will be awarded 16 points (or the number of points equal to the number of Competitors if the number of Competitors entered is less than 16 in cases of withdrawals not specified in the paragraph below).

So in this case, those who place below 20th in the SD (and thus do not qualify for the FD) will receive 18 placement points. And those who place 16th or below overall will receive 16 placement points.​

ArtistryOnIce

Rinkside
Per ISU Rule 378, paragraph 2:

For two slots next yr:
The sum of the placement points of the two French couples this yr must be no more than 28 points.​
For three slots next yr:
The sum of the placement points of the two French couples this yr must be no more than 13 points.​

Note:
- Competitors who were entered for the Short Program/Short Dance, but did not qualify for the Free Skating/Free Dance, will be awarded 18 points for Single Skating and the number of points equal to their placement in Short Program/Short Dance for Pair Skating/Ice Dance (however if this placement is lower than 18, only 18 points will be awarded).
- Competitors who qualified for the Free Skating/Free Dance, but were not placed higher than 16th place in the final result will be awarded 16 points (or the number of points equal to the number of Competitors if the number of Competitors entered is less than 16 in cases of withdrawals not specified in the paragraph below).

So in this case, those who place below 20th in the SD (and thus do not qualify for the FD) will receive 18 placement points. And those who place 16th or below overall will receive 16 placement points.​

Thank you so much !

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
First British couple were good.

(Well, only British couple if you consider that the girl in the other couple is Russian and the guy is Canadian!)

Very interesting combination of music. Michael Jackson to start, then Mas Que Nada with William doing his thing over the top of it.

AND THE AUDIENCE WERE SINGING "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" WHEN THEY WERE COMING OFF THE ICE!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROBYNNE!!! :cheer: :party2: :hb:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Second British couple also had an interesting choice of music. "Lady Marmalade" (version from "Moulin Rouge") followed by "Wings" by Little Mix

Ekaterina looks a lot older than 17! :eek: (That red dress she is wearing is really beautiful, by the way!)

Thoughts after the first group:

Hard to pass judgement on the Swiss couple, given the technical problems. But, I DEFINITELY want the other 3 couples to go through!!!

If this is the standard of the first group, this is going to be a very competitive competition!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Florentina

On the Ice
The last two couples were looking quite good, especially considering that this is the first group. I especially enjoyed the Koreans, Korea is really investing in the other figure skating disciplines. Anyone know anything about the background from these two? I saw Megan Wing and Aaron Lowe, but that's about it that I could figure out

TMC

Record Breaker
I love this Estonian team :love:

Their costumes are gorgeous and Denis gives great face.

Plus he lists as his hobbies "diplomacy, politics" :cheer:

Florentina

On the Ice
This is why it's worth watching the earlier group. Look at that joy and happiness! :love: Home ice, great skate, massive PB! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The last two couples were looking quite good, especially considering that this is the first group. I especially enjoyed the Koreans, Korea is really investing in the other figure skating disciplines. Anyone know anything about the background from these two? I saw Megan Wing and Aaron Lowe, but that's about it that I could figure out

Don't know anything about any of the first group apart from what is in their ISU Bios.

I suppose the reason these couples were in the first group is that they are all new to the international stage. But, the high standard has continued into the second group with the local couple.

This IS going to be a high quality competition!!! :biggrin:

If it continues like this, it's going to be heartbreaking for whoever gets knocked out.

(Are we the only ones watching this?! If we are, I feel sorry for those that are missing out!!!)

CaroLiza_fan

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Don't know anything about any of the first group apart from what is in their ISU Bios.

I suppose the reason these couples were in the first group is that they are all new to the international stage. But, the high standard has continued into the second group with the local couple.

This IS going to be a high quality competition!!! :biggrin:

If it continues like this, it's going to be heartbreaking for whoever gets knocked out.

(Are we the only ones watching this?! If we are, I feel sorry for those that are missing out!!!)

CaroLiza_fan

Unfortunately I can't seem to get the link to work, even with Hola. But I am enjoying the PBP commentary. :)

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OK, this is getting rediculous. The Lithuanians were great as well!!!

Mind you, I would score them down just for that silly cream thing down the side of Guoste's dress, and the flowers!

That would have been a beautiful plain black dress without them.

(Hey, listen to me thinking I'm Gok Wan! :laugh: )

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Yet another good couple, this time from Austria. But, with the standard of the competition this high, they are really going to suffer for Christine falling early on.

Does anybody know anything about Christine or her background? The ISU Bio says they were both born in Vienna, but that is a VERY typically English name for an Austrian!

CaroLiza_fan

Florentina

On the Ice
This was the first disappointing performance to me. Shame about the fall, because afterwards you could see them fighting hard.. But it's still a great competition only the second really obvious mistake..

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I feel like I'm on Twitter watching live tweeting except that the speed at which posts are being produced are slower due that we can write more and such.

Florentina

On the Ice
Armenian couple was nice too. She's a star and he's her background. Shame that they lost their speed at bit towards the end. In the beginning they were able to attain quite good speed but the step sequence really slowed them down

Last edited:

SamuraiKike

Medalist
2nd Tier Canadian team, I mean armenian team looked quite solid , surpsring cause he looks a bit um heavier than usual for Ice dance.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Have to be honest, I found the Armenian couple boring to watch. But, if the TES box is anything to go by, they will probably take the lead!

CaroLiza_fan