Rising gas prices making me sick | Golden Skate

Rising gas prices making me sick

Kara Bear

Final Flight
I need a rant.

I just rushed to my local gas station for the lowest gas price in town of 93.9 cents a litre. Everywhere else in town it is 96.9. But luckily theres a station down the road that waits usually a half a day to put their price up after every other station rises. So I got the bargin price of 93.9. Woooooeeeeeee :rolleye: :rolleye: :rolleye:

Supreme gas is over a dollar a litre. It makes me sick. Spending almost fifty dollars to fill up a very small two door car is pathetic!
:rolleye: :rolleye: :rolleye:

Arrrrrgggggg

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kara, I think the days of joy riding are gone.

Dee

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Yup, just yesterday I actually paid $2/gallon for gas! Ouch! I just hope this will actually lead to more energy-efficient cars on the roads, as it did in Carter's days. People who bought all those SUVs are certainly paying the price now!

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Oh, quit your whining. :laugh: When I lived in Europe, I paid about $4 a gallon. I can live with $2....

Laura :)

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
PrincessLeppard said:
Oh, quit your whining. :laugh: When I lived in Europe, I paid about $4 a gallon. I can live with $2....

I can't. End up spending like $100 in 2 weeks.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Gas is about $2.20 here in the valley. My hubby's truck fills up at about $45 bucks a pop..............42

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
PrincessLeppard said:

Europeans generally have a lot more choice. Our public transit system is terrible (this is from the Northeast, which is great in comparison to other countries). The governement never did anything to encourage people to use alternate transport. When I go to NY for a weekend, I always feel bad taking my car when there is AMTRACK. But AMTRACK costs so much (and I really don't like buses)! In Europe, it's different. Taking a train from Venice to Milan costs about the same as the tolls on that route if you go by car.

Kara Bear

Final Flight
hmmm, I wish I could convert gallons to litres in my head. I have no idea how much a gallon is. But I do know last summer when traveling in the State, it was hard to tell how much we were spending on anything. But when I got my credit card bill, I was amazed at how cheap our fill ups were down there!

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I US gallon - 3.785 litres (The English gallon was something like litres).

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Kara Bear:

Out here in BC, the price has already soared to $1.00 a litre for the high octane gas. We are paying about the same as you here in the lower mainland. I get my gas out in Abbotsford or Aldergrove - it's usually around 85 or 82 depending. That's the best bet around here.

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Ptichka, I did take mass transit a lot when I lived in Germany, it was much more convenient, since parking was so scarce. The cost was usually better, as long as it was a longer trip. The train from my little suburb to the city wasn't much of a bargain, but I didn't have to fight for parking, so there was that trade off.

I do wish the US had better public transportation. I liked riding the train.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I am paying nearly $2.30/gallon. I fill up twice a week. I need my car for business every day, all day long. Wouldn't that be a hoot to tell a client: "Let's take the bus to look at that house! I can't afford the gas prices!" :D :laugh: :eek:

2loop2002

Rinkside
Here in the middle of the US gas is about 1.95 per gallon for regular unleaded. My car also gets really good gas mileage, so I'm not in too bad of shape. :\

2loop

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I drive a Toyota Highlander, which I just love. It is scheduled to be released as a hybrid (gas/electric) next year, I believe. I will be among their first customers!

4dogknight

Final Flight
A couple of pertinent quotes from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit":

Judge Doom: A few weeks ago I had the good providence to stumble upon a plan of the city council. A construction plan of epic proportions. We're calling it a freeway.
Eddie Valiant: Freeway? What the hell's a freeway?
Judge Doom: Eight lanes of shimmering cement running from here to Pasadena. Smooth, safe, fast. Traffic jams will be a thing of the past.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eddie Valiant: So that's why you killed Acme and Maroon? For this freeway? I don't get it.
Judge Doom: Of course not. You lack vision, but I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night. Soon, where Toon Town once stood will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food. Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see. My God, it'll be beautiful.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One last thought: there realy was a Pacific Electric Red Car in the Los Angeles area. Unfortunately, the 'big' oil companies put the line out of business, or so the story goes.
Below is a link to the history of The Red Cars of Los Angeles

http://www.usc.edu/isd/archives/la/historic/redcars/

4dk

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This morning driving to work, I looked at the corner gas station sign and it seems like the gas had jumped 10 cents just from Sunday. It was $1.93.9 a gallon. I was in such shock, I almost hit the guy ahead of me:eek: :eek:

Dee

Becca84

Rinkside
Looks like gas is a little cheaper here at $1.91 a gallon, but that was a 10 cent jump in a week. We're predicted to be paying over $2 by next month, but thankfully our state (Attorney General, I think) wants to start looking at why prices are so high & hopefully do something about it. These higher prices really are terrible (& it's not the summer hike yet) & I'd really love a hybrid car!

ElizabethM123

Spectator
Here, in Illinois, the gas stations around my house are charging between $2.09 and $2.39 a gallon for gas. (YIKES!!!) Considering I drive a Dodge Durango - yes it's a big SUV - and I get all of 10 miles a gallon on a good day, it means I will simply be driving less or eating weenies and beanies more frequently!

I am also having to pay for my teenage daughter's car's gas until she gets a job this summer so with the gas prices changing every day, it could get real interesting!

Still... the car's are paid off and it's easier to pay higher prices for gas than think about having two new car payments a month if we traded them in for something smaller. Besides... I love the cars!

Be patient... prices have to drop someday!

I think that gasoline prices in the U.S. ($2.05 here in Detroit today) have historically been kept artificially below world market prices by deals between the U.S. government and the rulers of oil producing countries, most prominently Saudi Arabia.

Don't worry, they'll be back down before the November presidential election.

Mathman