2015 Worlds Men Short Program March 27 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 Worlds Men Short Program March 27

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Sidenote: Too much H2O can be deadly due to the drop in sodium levels :slink: So I wouldn't risk it with water either when it comes to the Men's.......:hopelessness:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Just wondering, why do you guys joke about a drinking game? And why?

If there was one, I'd participate with shots of ice-cold lemonade or water.

Well you see, sometimes shots just taste and feel better when you have an excuse to drink it. Sorta like birthday cake vs regular cake.

Since we can't have real reasons all the time, we invent fun excuses to take drinks.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Just wondering, why do you guys joke about a drinking game? And why?

If there was one, I'd participate with shots of ice-cold lemonade or water.

Namely because there are so many cliches in forum discussion that if you were to take a shot for every time they came up, you would get trashed (or at least quite buzzed if you can hold your liquor.) :laugh:

But yeah, there's danger of drinking too much lemonade (sugar crash) or water (drop in electrolytes as ShiroKJ pointedout) so that works too. :)

In my husband's case, he ends up screaming "Why the $**# are they talking about the quad again?" when he hears commentators bring it up over again. It's quite amusing, actually.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Is there anything I can drink that's safe and legal?

Water is probably safe for the most part, LOL. Well, unless your idea of a shot of water is one in a pint glass. :)

Aw, pint glasses make me miss microbrews again. Why do I live in a place with so much beer/cider/liquor/wine options? :hurryupbaby: :drama:

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I want Denis Ten to put it together tonight. I would really like to see Jeremy Ten do well and at least make the long. I would like to see Nam do well as well and for Canada to keep it's 2 spots.

After that I'm just hopeful for good skating. I love Fernandez's short program the most I think.

Most of all I want what I always want: A well skated, well judged event. And as little Carmen and POTO as possible. (and after the dance short: no paso!)

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Um....make several different liters of smoothies (green/fruit/protein) and do smoothie shots :laugh: Fun and nutritious!

....that works. I can legally drink in seven years and I'm taking calculus in two, to add onto that discussion in the ice dance thread....

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
The men's event will end at around 9am my time (If I'm doing the math right). The only think I'm likely to be drinking is hot tea.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Namely because there are so many cliches in forum discussion that if you were to take a shot for every time they came up, you would get trashed (or at least quite buzzed if you can hold your liquor.) :laugh:

But yeah, there's danger of drinking too much lemonade (sugar crash) or water (drop in electrolytes as ShiroKJ pointedout) so that works too. :)

In my husband's case, he ends up screaming "Why the $**# are they talking about the quad again?" when he hears commentators bring it up over again. It's quite amusing, actually.

Exactly which cliches are you talking about.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Really? I was actually interested in Ice dance this season with all the placement changes and no clear favourites. Men were actually pretty sloppy on the GP... and Worlds won't have Machida or Chan, so it's a bit watered down. But the men have certainly had their drama.

I'm hoping for a solid set of SPs... I expect sloppy freeskates, but hopefully less from year to year as the men get more and more accustomed to harder difficulty.

Yeah, CSG, I've just not been in it this season.

You know I really like Ice Dance, but also season long, I kept comparing to the staggering programs delivered time and again by V/M and D/W. Nothing we have seen this season comes remotely close to that. I suppose I've just been spoiled. It's like being served up the finest steak for the past quad, and suddenly I'm on a diet of really good hamburgers. I've had a mild rooting interest in W/P, just because they were so close last year. Then I developed a bit more like for C/B, but really just because I got tired of the trashing they got from people who form their perceptions from Dancing with the Stars. I'm more interested in what P/C can become, rather than what they are right now.

In pairs, I believe the Canadians absolutely deserved the title, but that's based on their changing the sport with increased athleticism, and not because I'm in love with the programs. They just don't suit my eye.

Ladies. I'm bored with the entire lineup of Russian babies with tiny jumps. I will say I was impressed with Liza's short program here, and her jumps are definitely better than the norm, but you could have played almost any music to it. It was an awesome display, but not a great program. The Japanese are worse. The Americans are headcases. The Canadians... even moreso.

The men are the only place where I think I can see something truly memorable, and if so, I expect that will come from Denis Ten and Josh Farris. Yuzu is coming off injury; the Europeans are not my cup of tea. So, who's left for me?

Yikes, what a negative post... but you asked. Maybe I'm just tired from staying up late. I'm crabby, and I need a nap.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Yeah, CSG, I've just not been in it this season.

You know I really like Ice Dance, but also season long, I kept comparing to the staggering programs delivered time and again by V/M and D/W. Nothing we have seen this season comes remotely close to that. I suppose I've just been spoiled. It's like being served up the finest steak for the past quad, and suddenly I'm on a diet of really good hamburgers. I've had a mild rooting interest in W/P, just because they were so close last year. Then I developed a bit more like for C/B, but really just because I got tired of the trashing they got from people who form their perceptions from Dancing with the Stars. I'm more interested in what P/C can become, rather than what they are right now.

What are you talking about? P/C's Mozart FD is one of the best FDs EVER.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, if we were really healthy, for the Jason quad game, we would do push-ups or jumping jacks. I'll count.:rofl:

When I was a teenager, 18 was the legal drinking age. These replies about the drinking age make me feel old on two counts....:slink:

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
I just need Yuzu to win. Pairs was bleh to me (not interested without S/S and V/T), don't follow dance much, ladies was okay, but I've been absolutely WAITING for the men's event. Also for Taka-chan to do his best performance in a long time; I just love him so much.