2015 Worlds Men Short Program March 27 | Page 77 | Golden Skate

2015 Worlds Men Short Program March 27

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's tough to be young in the era of social media. Rude and offensive is the new polite and respectful. Just "keeping it real" here. ;)

Jason and Joshua? -- yuck, they're PC (the unpardonable sin).

You *are* joking right?:scratch:

rollerblade

Record Breaker
This has probably been remarked upon earlier (I'm only now catching up and watching), but :unsure: at Kovtun's PCS. He received higher PCS than Jason? By less than one-tenth of a point, but even so. :slink:

I accept the reality that PCS increases alongside TES much of the time, but he didn't even have the technical goods today. Strange to see when other men were lowballed on PCS because their jumps were not up to par today (i.e. Josh Farris). Kovtun even received higher PCS than Kozuka, and Kozuka had higher TES. It's very puzzling.

Just think of where he would place if his jumps were clean. Even with +0 GOE, that is 49.47 TES (10.3 for 4T, 8.5 for 3A... are all his jumps in the first half?), putting him < half point behind Yuzu in TES!

That said, if he had gone clean, I think his PCS would be lower than what he actually received for a very flawed program. I don't think judges will put him above Javi, but he would still be in a very solid 3rd place.

tori

Spectator
I saw the video and the flag. The flag they are holding is Tairyoo-bata (大漁旗), literally meaning big-(fish)catch flag. You can see the letters 大漁(big catch) on the flag. It is a traditional (far longer in use for centuries than the Imperial Japan's military flag) Japanese fisherman's flag flown by fisherman's boats to pray for a great catch of fish, and thus a symbol of celebration for them. People put them on fisherman's boat, and also display them for festive and celebratory occasions. And, if you carefully see the flag, also the letter がんばっぺ女川(Ganbappe Onagawa) can be seen. "Ganbappe" is a regional dialect of "Ganbaroo", meaning "Cheer up". Onagawa is the name of the town, a port town located in Miyagi prefecture, severely affected by Tsunami in the great earthquake 4 years ago. You may know that Yuzuru is from Sendai, the same Miyagi prefecture, and that he is so dedicated to the region damaged by the Tohoku great earthquake. And for Tohoku people, Yuzu is like the symbol of resilience, and hope. I assume they came all the way from Onagawa town of Miyagi Prefecturehe to cheer for their symbol of resilience: Yuzuru. I do understand the resentment Chinese and Korean people may have against Japan, but I feel so sad that their Good-catch flag and their cheer for Yuzuru is misinterpreted as an intentional insult against Chinese citizens or pro-Imperialism when their intention is certainly not.

peg

Medalist
I'll shut up then.

I'm somewhat a perfectionist in a way. So if I do things wrong, sometimes I get mad at myself or scold myself because there was no excuse for me to do that mistake.

I understand perfectly well why people are feeling that way.

As a reformed perfectionist myself, I can assure you that beating up on yourself does nothing to improve the situation. Mistakes are part of being human - for all of us.

Last edited:

alia jackson

Record Breaker
I saw the video and the flag. The flag they are holding is Tairyoo-bata (大漁旗), literally meaning big-(fish)catch flag. You can see the letters 大漁(big catch) on the flag. It is a traditional (far longer in use for centuries than the Imperial Japan's military flag) Japanese fisherman's flag flown by fisherman's boats to pray for a great catch of fish, and thus a symbol of celebration for them. People put them on fisherman's boat, and also display them for festive and celebratory occasions. And, if you carefully see the flag, also the letter がんばっぺ女川(Ganbappe Onagawa) can be seen. "Ganbappe" is a regional dialect of "Ganbaroo", meaning "Cheer up". Onagawa is the name of the town, a port town located in Miyagi prefecture, severely affected by Tsunami in the great earthquake 4 years ago. You may know that Yuzuru is from Sendai, the same Miyagi prefecture, and that he is so dedicated to the region damaged by the Tohoku great earthquake. And for Tohoku people, Yuzu is like the symbol of resilience, and hope. I assume they came all the way from Onagawa town of Miyagi Prefecturehe to cheer for their symbol of resilience: Yuzuru. I do understand the resentment Chinese and Korean people may have against Japan, but I feel so sad that their Good-catch flag and their cheer for Yuzuru is misinterpreted as an intentional insult against Chinese citizens or pro-Imperialism when their intention is certainly not.

Thank you for the clarification Tori :agree:. Welcome to GS :cheer:

treeloving

Medalist

Thank you so much Tori!

tori

Spectator
So nice of you, alia jackson, to appreciate my post.
Thank you also for the warm welcome with a cute cheer-girl-stamp, alia jackson!

Krunchii

Record Breaker
So nice of you, alia jackson, to appreciate my post.
Thank you also for the warm welcome with a cute cheer-girl-stamp, alia jackson!

Other posters have explained the same thing you did, that's the great thing about this forum, we're all from different parts of the world, we can learn so much from one another. Hope you stick around to post more tonight for the Mens FS!

tori

Spectator
Other posters have explained the same thing you did, that's the great thing about this forum, we're all from different parts of the world, we can learn so much from one another. Hope you stick around to post more tonight for the Mens FS!

Thank you Krunchii.
I absolutely agree that the forum enables us to learn from one another, and I am grateful for the administrater and the people keeping this Forum productive and positive with their post.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Hanyu is one of the few that takes moment to interpret music and have choreography. Good on him...

Adam is another. This international Adam shaming is hard to watch. Yes, the 4 lutz was a <<. Ok, so make it a triple. Still had clean 3 axel and 3/3. I don't get it. not at all.