2015 Worlds Ladies Short Program March 26 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 Worlds Ladies Short Program March 26

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
:rock: to everything cheerknithanson said on prev pages

euroskate

Final Flight
I just looked at ISU communications 1909 and the judging panel lineup for Worlds Ladies is just like the one for JUNIOR ladies: ALL EUROPEAN JUDGES AGAIN! Selected from:

CZE
DEN
EST
FIN
FRA
GER
GBR
ISR
RUS
SVK
SWE
SUI
UKR

No CHN, JPN, USA, CAN

How was the technical committee allowed to get away with this twice in a row?

well it´s a DRAW
it´s not drawn by continents! all countries with competitors in the last worlds go into the draw

katymay

Medalist
Thank you

:rolleye:
And you can't even argue with "Sochi happened" here, because guess what - it didn't happen in Sochi either.

Having watched it all over again, I believe, IMO!, the right result was reached in Sochi. Perhaps some of her marks were inflated, perhaps NOT, but still, the right person won, IN MY OPINION. As far as the judging, I MUCH prefer the new system to the old. It may not be perfect, but it is a HUGE improvement over the bad old days.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Having watched it all over again, I believe, IMO!, the right result was reached in Sochi. Perhaps some of her marks were inflated, perhaps NOT, but still, the right person won, IN MY OPINION. As far as the judging, I MUCH prefer the new system to the old. It may not be perfect, but it is a HUGE improvement over the bad old days.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
IMO, it was the same as the bad old days. Handpicked tech team, handpicked judges, including Madame Piseev and the infamous Yuri Balkov, who has since been kicked off the UKR judge squad. You can cut off the scent gland, but the skunk still stinks.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Guys, this thread is for Worlds Ladies Sp 2015. ....Please?

And the Olympic Medalists aren't even there, and neither are the world medalists for that manner.

Do any of the contenders have a prior medal? I think we may be looking at three first time medalists, let's have fun with that.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
And the Olympic Medalists aren't even there, and neither are the world medalists for that manner.

Do any of the contenders have a prior medal? I think we may be looking at three first time medalists, let's have fun with that.

Actually that would be the case. Liza was 10th during her last Worlds appearance. Elena was too young to be at Worlds last year. Ashley, Kanako and Anna have been the closest with 4th place finishes in 2012, 2013 and 2014 respectively. Gracie was also close with a 5th place finish last year.

In fact looking from Worlds 2011 (four years ago), the only returning skaters from that Worlds are Kanako, Kiira Korpi, Elene Gedevanishvilli, Mae Bernice Meite, Joshi Helegesson and Roberta Rodeghiero.

It would be quite the narrative for Ashley Wagner to medal here (not jinxing!). Four years ago, she was 6th at U.S. Nationals, arguably the lowest point of career. But also the point where she decided to turn things around. She hasn't looked back since.

Actually it would be interesting redemption for Gracie Gold as well, should she medal, since that year she didn't even MAKE nationals (she was 6th place at Midwestern sectionals at the junior level).

Kanako's 8th place finish at Worlds 2011 was quite disappointing given her early season success -- she won Skate America and won bronze at GPF. her only GPF appearance. And this season we've seen the reverse - a disappointing early season. This is her chance to redeem herself.

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Wagner has slipped some spots in her World ranking since 2012 (from 4th to 5th to 7th), but she has a chance to try to reverse that trend next week.

Warwick360

Medalist
Wagner has slipped some spots in her World ranking since 2012 (from 4th to 5th to 7th), but she has a chance to try to reverse that trend next week.

I don't think World Rankings matter much in FS. It's not like this sport is tennis where ranking actually does play an influence in where one can play (aside from the skating order) or who they end up playing . I mean look at Yuna. Hardly any ranking at the beginning of 2013, but we all knew who was the best even without her knocking everyone off ice at Worlds.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Elene Gedevanishvilli
I saw a video last night on Youtube from 2009 Worlds, where Elene was competing. She's been in it for a long time, considering she was in a group with Kostner, Asada and Kim. So at age 25, she's even more "ancient" than Ashley, lol.

pohatta

On the Ice
Korpi and Maxwell were also in the 2006 Olympics. I wish Maxwell would have made it to Worlds this year. Korpi's last Worlds were four years ago!

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
katymay :thumbsup:

btw I really hope Kiira has good performance :love:

SamuraiKike

Medalist
I don't think World Rankings matter much in FS. It's not like this sport is tennis where ranking actually does play an influence in where one can play (aside from the skating order) or who they end up playing . I mean look at Yuna. Hardly any ranking at the beginning of 2013, but we all knew who was the best even without her knocking everyone off ice at Worlds.

I think R.D. meant Wagner's ranking at the World Championships, she has been getting slightly worse results each year since her breakthrough (4th-5th-7th), which is true but I think this year she finally has a clear shot at Bronze.

Last edited: