2015 Worlds Short Dance March 25 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 Worlds Short Dance March 25

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Yes it's -7 hours for CET. I got confused with the first post which says SD starts at 10:30AM CST. But you are right, it starts at 9:30 CST so it's 2:30AM CET.

Oh .... I see what you're saying about the OP ... I guess the local time must have changed after the thread was started.
I have sent a "report" re the OP with the hope of preventing further confusion.

slider11

Medalist
I am disappointed that the Shibs are getting very little mention, even by their own home sites like Ice Network. I'm a fan and I will be rooting. I like their order of skating. Let Chock and Bates go first, then Cappellini and Lanote. I'm predicting good things!

sbaker

On the Ice
Feeling lucky to be in Cali so I can watch after dinner... Although I will miss most if the pairs which don't start til around 3am... So so anxiously waiting!

Do you guys think S/B are at a much higher advantage than M/K? While the teams are very different, I'd put them both in the same caliber. But it seems like people are expecting more from S/B... Is this just from the Euros results? I personally think that S/B will be placed behind M/K in the short dance based on the programs, starting order, and M/K's speed/coverage.

sbaker

On the Ice
I am disappointed that the Shibs are getting very little mention, even by their own home sites like Ice Network. I'm a fan and I will be rooting. I like their order of skating. Let Chock and Bates go first, then Cappellini and Lanote. I'm predicting good things!

Me too, I'm a huge fan of their short dance and like to root for an underdog. Go Shibs for the podium! And my Frenchies for the win! Ultimately I hope everyone skates great and freeeeeeely with abandon! :cheer:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

That's not surprising considering Chock and Bates have beaten them all season long. The gap between them has narrowed, however.

Skate America -10.73
GPF -8.15
Nationals - 3.75
4CC - 5.39

In the SD, that gap has been even more narrow:

Skate America -
Skate America 4.82
GPF - 1.16
Nationals -0.11
4CC - 0.73

The FD, has been the tougher hill to climb, though there has been progress there as well:

Skate America 5.88
GPF - 6.99
Nationals - 3.64
4CC - 4.66

So we'll see what happens here. :)

GF2445

Record Breaker
That's not surprising considering Chock and Bates have beaten them all season long. The gap between them has narrowed, however.

Skate America -10.73
GPF -8.15
Nationals - 3.75
4CC - 5.39

In the SD, that gap has been even more narrow:

Skate America -
Skate America 4.82
GPF - 1.16
Nationals -0.11
4CC - 0.73

The FD, has been the tougher hill to climb, though there has been progress there as well:

Skate America 5.88
GPF - 6.99
Nationals - 3.64
4CC - 4.66

So we'll see what happens here. :)

I feel loke the shibutanis have been gaining momentum. They have worked really hard this season. I think it could pay off today. Less than 3 hours to go!!!!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Feeling lucky to be in Cali so I can watch after dinner... Although I will miss most if the pairs which don't start til around 3am... So so anxiously waiting!

Do you guys think S/B are at a much higher advantage than M/K? While the teams are very different, I'd put them both in the same caliber. But it seems like people are expecting more from S/B... Is this just from the Euros results? I personally think that S/B will be placed behind M/K in the short dance based on the programs, starting order, and M/K's speed/coverage.

Yes, the one time being in PDT rocks. :D

The times for Worlds aren't bad at all for me! Get ot see ladies and dance in the evening. The men and pairs are early--but the later pairs means I don't ahve to wake up THAT much earlier. :)

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist

Same thing! I'll probably be at work until around 6 today but it's just making me more excited to head straight to IceNetwork when I get home. And at least the pairs start at a time when I can still wake up to see the later groups. Who knows, maybe I can even get an early morning workout win while watching!

Last edited:

sbaker

On the Ice
Same thing! I'll probably be at work until around 6 today but it's just making me more excited to head straight to IceNetwork when I get home. And st least the pairs start at a time when I can still wake up to see the later groups. Who knows, maybe I can even get an early morning workout win while watching!

Oooh great idea! I'm with you, lets do it :yay:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Oooh great idea! I'm with you, lets do it :yay:

If you're referring to the early morning workout, then yay! I could use a virtual workout buddy :biggrin:

I also just realized that I wrote "win" when I meant to say "in", but I'm not editing it because I'd love to start thinking of exercise as "winning".

Alba

Record Breaker
I'm an hour behind you, though I'm next to you:laugh2:For some strange reason,we are in the same timezone as Tel Aviv and Helsinki and not Italy or Turkey

Oh...:rolleye: I was totally ignorant about that. :laugh:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
If you're referring to the early morning workout, then yay! I could use a virtual workout buddy :biggrin:

I also just realized that I wrote "win" when I meant to say "in", but I'm not editing it because I'd love to start thinking of exercise as "winning".

I just thought you were giving some sort of pep talk to yourself with the "win" terminology. :D

Yoga during ice resurface times, friends?