May 19th | Golden Skate

May 19th

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Someone sent me this email I just thought I would pass it on.

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE _ OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.__ AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT
THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS
_ OF OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL
COMPANIES. THEREFORE MAY 19TH HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT UP THEIR_ behind" DAY
AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION_ SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE_ THAT DAY._ _ _ KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE MAY 19TH A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I received that from several different ones and I am emailing it to many more.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Do you know where this "call to arms" originated? Is there any reference to who was it who calculated that net loss?

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
There was nothing in mine that said anything about who started them, etc.

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
I just went to truthorfiction.com and checked this out. While there is nothing there about this boycott, this was tried in 2001. It appeared as if nothing happened....

Laura :)

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
They tell us here in Canuck land not to fill up every time we go to the pumps. Just get $5.00 or $10.00 worth. I don't know if that theory will work, but our gas prices have hit $1.00 per litre!! We will be walking soon.